Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Egypt Residence Permit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Egypt Residence Permit (1519 Views)

Which Country Will You Not Go To Even If Given Residence Permit? / China Plans To Ease Residence Permit For Foreigners, Chinese Citizens React / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egypt Residence Permit by Chuksmission: 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2021
Greetings nairalanders,
Does anyone know the process of getting residence permit in Egypt?
I will be going with a Tourist visa and I plan to stay back for a few months to carry out a few research about the country.
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by Areola14(m): 3:33pm On Nov 13, 2021
From the experience I have gotten... Traveling to Egypt is not that hard.... But if you are going there to hustle as a man, oyo. But if you are going there as a lady, nah house help. Ire oo..!

1 Like

Re: Egypt Residence Permit by dasparrow: 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2021
Chuksmission:
Greetings nairalanders,
Does anyone know the process of getting residence permit in Egypt?
I will be going with a Tourist visa and I plan to stay back for a few months to carry out a few research about the country.

Temporary Residence Visa

There are two types of visas for residency outside of the work permit. There is one for those looking to relocate as expats, and this one is usually good for one, three, or five years. The other is for anyone who was born in Egypt before May 29, 1952, or who has lived in Egypt for 20 years.

The process for the temporary residence permit is fairly straightforward. First, you’ll need the tourist/entry visa, which is essentially the same thing, and then you’ll need to apply at the local police station with an application in both English and Arabic, a valid passport that should be current up to six months, and a passport-style photo. These qualifications can change, so check with your local Embassy of Egypt to be sure before heading out.

SOURCE: www.escapeartist.com/blog/residency-options-in-egypt/

Procedure

Apply In-Person:

To apply for ordinary resident permit, the applicant first must approach the local embassy and submit their passport.
The applicant’s passport must meet the following requirements:
The passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining before expiration and has at least one complete blank visa page for the visa stamp.
Note: The following passport page 22, 23, and 24 are not visa pages and are not acceptable in Egypt for purpose of Visa.
Then the applicant must fill out the resident permit application form.
The applicant must attach a support Letter from their home country address to "Consulate of Egypt" explaining the purpose of the trip, guaranteeing financial support for you while in Egypt.
The letter should explain what business the applicant plan to be undertaking in Egypt. This is very important because it will show that you financially stable to begin a viable business in Egypt. After completing fill-out visa form the applicant can sign and submit with all the attachment documents.

SOURCE: www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Egypt_-_Apply_for_Ordinary_Resident_Permit
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by digitite: 11:54am On Nov 14, 2021
I lived in Egypt for 3years and 6months. What a sweet country and the permit is fairly easy to get. Food is cheap and housing affordable. I worked as an import/export broker.
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by kinkos(m): 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
Let me know when you ready to travel.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Residence Permit by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 15, 2021
digitite:
I lived in Egypt for 3years and 6months. What a sweet country and the permit is fairly easy to get. Food is cheap and housing affordable. I worked as an import/export broker.
Really.?
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by digitite: 7:07am On Nov 15, 2021
Differentiate:

Really.?
Yea
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by Chuksmission: 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2021
dasparrow:

Temporary Residence Visa

There are two types of visas for residency outside of the work permit. There is one for those looking to relocate as expats, and this one is usually good for one, three, or five years. The other is for anyone who was born in Egypt before May 29, 1952, or who has lived in Egypt for 20 years.

The process for the temporary residence permit is fairly straightforward. First, you’ll need the tourist/entry visa, which is essentially the same thing, and then you’ll need to apply at the local police station with an application in both English and Arabic, a valid passport that should be current up to six months, and a passport-style photo. These qualifications can change, so check with your local Embassy of Egypt to be sure before heading out.

SOURCE: www.escapeartist.com/blog/residency-options-in-egypt/

Procedure

Apply In-Person:

To apply for ordinary resident permit, the applicant first must approach the local embassy and submit their passport.
The applicant’s passport must meet the following requirements:
The passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining before expiration and has at least one complete blank visa page for the visa stamp.
Note: The following passport page 22, 23, and 24 are not visa pages and are not acceptable in Egypt for purpose of Visa.
Then the applicant must fill out the resident permit application form.
The applicant must attach a support Letter from their home country address to "Consulate of Egypt" explaining the purpose of the trip, guaranteeing financial support for you while in Egypt.
The letter should explain what business the applicant plan to be undertaking in Egypt. This is very important because it will show that you financially stable to begin a viable business in Egypt. After completing fill-out visa form the applicant can sign and submit with all the attachment documents.

SOURCE: www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Egypt_-_Apply_for_Ordinary_Resident_Permit
thanks
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by Chuksmission: 4:40pm On Nov 16, 2021
kinkos:
Let me know when you ready to travel.
I will be travelling by January, it is an all expense trip being sponsored by a Russian company i work with remotely, but the issue is that i don't know how to go about the application procedure, as I am unable to get any reasonable information online
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by Chuksmission: 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
Areola14:
From the experience I have gotten... Traveling to Egypt is not that hard.... But if you are going there to hustle as a man, oyo. But if you are going there as a lady, nah house help. Ire oo..!
I'm not going to hustle, just on a vacation, and I'd love to get resident permit if it's easy, so I can visit more often.
Could you please put me through on how to go about the visa process
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by Chuksmission: 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
digitite:
Please can you assist with procedure on how to go about the application?
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by Areola14(m): 8:26am On Nov 17, 2021
Chuksmission:

I'm not going to hustle, just on a vacation, and I'd love to get resident permit if it's easy, so I can visit more often.
Could you please put me through on how to go about the visa process
My only advice is that, go to the embassy and make enquiry there. They will tell you all you needed.... Don't let anyone make a short cut movement for you.
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by andrewbaba44: 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2021
Chuksmission:

Get a student permit which is more easier ,since you will like to visit there often.
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by Chuksmission: 4:15pm On Nov 17, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Get a student permit which is more easier ,since you will like to visit there often.
Please how do I go about this?
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by andrewbaba44: 4:16pm On Nov 17, 2021
Chuksmission:

Please how do I go about this?

Where do I even start from

I am no more in Cairo and lost contact ,but I don’t think you will have a problem doing that
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by Chuksmission: 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Where do I even start from

I am no more in Cairo and lost contact ,but I don’t think you will have a problem doing that
okay, I'll be hoping for the best,
thanks
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by digitite: 4:37am On Nov 18, 2021
Chuksmission:

Its fine, just add me on whatup, lets talk.
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by Chuksmission: 8:39am On Nov 18, 2021
digitite:
Its fine, just add me on whatup, lets talk.
your whatsapp number plz
Re: Egypt Residence Permit by digitite: 10:34am On Nov 18, 2021
Chuksmission:

your whatsapp number plz

(1) (Reply)

Travel To The Uk / Sturdy At The London School Of Commerce / Tax Clearance Certificate For Uk Tourist Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.