Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,403 members, 7,850,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:19 PM

Why Does The Web App Of A Product Have Less Functionality Than Mobile Version - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Does The Web App Of A Product Have Less Functionality Than Mobile Version (862 Views)

2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer / How Can I Build A Loan App Of Mine Own / Why Mobile Apps Are Better Than Mobile Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Web App Of A Product Have Less Functionality Than Mobile Version by Bayoursphere: 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2021
Every time I see a mobile app of a product versus its web version, I’m baffled. The web app always seems to have less features, less aesthetic appeal and it is even more inconvenient to use.

What is it about web apps that doesn’t make them as functional or nice looking as their mobile and desktop versions? Why the discrepancy? How do we avoid it?

On LinkedIn web version for instance, you can't create a poll, upload documents or a video. You can't fill the "open to work" session, post an article or upload a cover video.

#webapps #app #appdevelopment #product #webapp #usability #aesthetic #usability #usabilitytesting #productmanager #usabilitytesting #ux #uxdesign #uxdesigner #uxreasearch #uxreasearch #uxdesign #uxdesigner #webappdevelopment #
Re: Why Does The Web App Of A Product Have Less Functionality Than Mobile Version by airsaylongcome: 12:05am On Nov 14, 2021
Fuelling
Re: Why Does The Web App Of A Product Have Less Functionality Than Mobile Version by donsheddy1(m): 6:02am On Nov 14, 2021
Their target audiences are mobile users.
Re: Why Does The Web App Of A Product Have Less Functionality Than Mobile Version by JavaScript90: 8:53am On Nov 14, 2021
their are certain functions you don't put on the normal web due to browser discrepancies. a programmer can code something that works on his browser but it won't work on certain peoples browser due to browser versions, processing ability of the platform etc. but with mobile apps, everything works fine irrespective of the phone used(only on minimal cases is there any form of discrepancy). you get to enjoy native features and the full processing capability of the mobile or desktop platform

(1) (Reply)

Please, I Need Someone To Help Me On Java: / Droping Tables In Oracle / Do You Have Any Of These Testing Tools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.