Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,571 members, 7,840,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

My Mum Just Got Scammed! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Mum Just Got Scammed! (1678 Views)

My Mum Just Got Scammed / Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend / Please Help!! I Just Got Scammed By Snizzerkiller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Just Got Scammed! by sunshineV(f): 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2021
Today, my mum met some guys about a loan and they agreed on 20% interest. They somehow sent otp to her phone and she gave them the pin she received. From there, 20k fly comot from her account. We had to transfer the rest of the funds b4 dem clear the whole area. The dead has been done. My question is, how dem fit catch these guys abi make we forget?
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by 007lss: 11:34pm On Nov 13, 2021
sunshineV:
Today, my mum met some guys about a loan and they agreed on 20% interest. They somehow sent otp to her phone and she gave them the pin she received. From there, 20k fly comot from her account. We had to transfer the rest of the funds b4 dem clear the whole area. The dead has been done. My question is, how dem fit catch these guys abi make we forget?
na wa o..... 20k just like that
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by endsarrrs(f): 11:35pm On Nov 13, 2021
sunshineV:
It's "deed not dead" sunshineVagina grin

Forget about the money. It's GONE!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by KillIgbohoN0W: 11:40pm On Nov 13, 2021
[s]
sunshineV:
[/s]

OTP for loan?

I've always known you to be senseless, never knew it was hereditary.

7 Likes

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by falcon01: 11:43pm On Nov 13, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

OTP for loan?

it was the momma
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by Amoda1(m): 11:44pm On Nov 13, 2021
Nigga dun cash out �

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by ProudlyNGN: 11:44pm On Nov 13, 2021
Fake story. If na true the scammers will empty the account. Why will they remove only 20k and leave the rest?
Try again.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by Brainard22: 11:45pm On Nov 13, 2021
Loan
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by KillIgbohoN0W: 12:01am On Nov 14, 2021
falcon01:
it was the momma

Read my comment again.
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by Tomahawk99(m): 12:36am On Nov 14, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

OTP for loan?

Which kind talk be this? Even if you don't have respect for your parents learn to respect other people's parents.
You that have sense what have you achieved in life with the sense my genius? Person dey talk about him mama you come dey shade him and him mother.
You must be a very sad and miserable person,i doubt if you even have parents because na bastard go talk this kind crap.

7 Likes

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by Sapeleboy911(m): 1:55am On Nov 14, 2021
I don't know how some of you reason, big corporations like Amazon, eBay, banking institutions with good opsec are being scammed, hacked, and even being blackmailed day by day. And, yet some of you will still insult and make derogatory remarks on the average man or woman who was scammed or hacked. No matter how educated, civilized, wise, and smart you are, you can be scammed or hacked anyway. Science and Technology are moving at a very high-speed none is scam or hacked proof.
@op your chances of getting your mum's money back are slim. You may even spend more thank than 20k chasing the case in the end nothing will come out of it. Our banking institutions and securities in general are very weak and porous. Let your mum know that on no account should she give out any OTP number to anybody, even if the requester is saying he is Jimi Agbaje, or Jim Ovia even if it is a video WhatsApp call she should not release any OTP code. Lots of harm can be done to her account with just an OTP code.
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by Boogyman557: 2:47am On Nov 14, 2021
Holly Gram cool sorry man.. real matters. WTF MAN
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by Nobody: 5:19am On Nov 14, 2021
The story was that a scammer called her mom on phone and told her he was calling from so so bank.That he want to offer her a loan that she would use to upgrade her business.The scammer might have told her that the repayment plan would be lower than what she expected to make her interested.She oblige.Meanwhile,the scammer have pressed button from her bank account number.An otp has been sent into her phone number.The scammer wanted the otp that was why he used that trick in other to get the otp from her and she fall for him.
If the scammer is eventually caught he will start blaming the devil.Did he share the stolen money with the devil?
You see this Nigeria police that are meant to protect live and properties are the ones destroying them.If your mum approach the police station,she go first pay money to open a file.Before police go take action 50k don go.Police and yahoo boys na the same.

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by chatinent: 5:29am On Nov 14, 2021
Sorry for your loss.
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by chiventoline(m): 7:32am On Nov 14, 2021
ProudlyNGN:
Fake story. If na true the scammers will empty the account. Why will they remove only 20k and leave the rest?
Try again.
They Call it Testing Microphone grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by wirinet(m): 7:44am On Nov 14, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

OTP for loan?

You need OTP to collect specta loan from Sterling Bank.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by sunshineV(f): 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2021
ProudlyNGN:
Try again.
how dem wan know the balance na? They sent about 4 otp sef
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by sunshineV(f): 3:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
ProudlyNGN:
Try again.
be like say na u scam us. make i catch ur papa
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
ProudlyNGN:
Try again.

That is how they operate.

They make withdrawals in small batches, and then make a large one.

That is why bank systems grow suspicious if you withdraw in 2-3 small batches, and then a big withdrawal.
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed! by ProudlyNGN: 3:47pm On Nov 15, 2021
sunshineV:
be like say na u scam us. make i catch ur papa
Na your Mama Teach me how to Scam then I tried it on your Papa at noon and your mama give me Mouth Action in the night...Assh*le

(1) (Reply)

Please If I Join Cult Will I Meet Davido? / Ritualists Caught In Osun State With Fresh Human Parts / A Man Make Goat Pregnant In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.