Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. (20512 Views)

I Bet You, You Haven't Heard Or Thought Of This / Man Carries 50kg Bag Of Cement With Teeth Upstairs, Wins 100,000 Naira Bet / Pharmacy Students Pls I Need Your Advice Urgently (2) (3) (4)

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by GboyegaD(m): 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2021
Think am well.

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Raalsalghul: 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2021
Can you handle both together?

If no, how will you feed while learning the Blockchain Development: very important!!!

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Holargyde(m): 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by lafiagi007: 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
Its a decision you'll live to be happy about making, but just know that journey to the world of software engineering is not the same thing as Yahoo Yahoo, it takes a lot of time, it's mentally demanding and tasking. Money dey blockchain oo my guy, cool money, you may not get a job as fast as you may anticipate but the moment you get it, you and bank manager na the same salary una go dey collect grin. What am I saying focus on building yourself throughout the journey and leave out the journey and don't of overwhelm yourself with how much you can make.

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Springboot: 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
Whatever you do, don't abandon your formal education.

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by FiverrTutor(m): 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi
Thank you for opening this post. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated!

I am barber, just turned 19 few weeks ago and I am supposed to start my uni education tomorrow but that is not the problem.

I earned upwards of 40... Maybe 60k most of which I aid my siblings with. But it's too demanding, like 14 or 15 hours a day everyday. And I have some skill trading forex but I don't do it now.

Right now I want to drop barbing and possibly school to learn blockchain development. My mom will prolly take me for deliverance. Lol.
I am buying a laptop tomorrow. Already dropped social media, right now its just Reddit and NL.

I am greatly worried about my future and tired of living inna trap.

I remember learning about Bitcoin like 7 years ago but couldn't get in till this year.

My parents can give moral advice but I need you on this one. Thanks

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace

You have a barbing skill Damn if you were a brother of mine I would be very happy

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by ecomalchemist(m): 2:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
Bless up, I'd advice you rugged the barbing hustle so that you can use the proceeds to pay for your data while you learn blockchain development and other hot in demand digital skills.

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Solatium(m): 2:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
The5DME:
All this una fake stories sef.

Anyway, make sure you go to a university, and learn the programming and cryptocurrency at the side. You can also cut your fellow students hair in school.

This one wey small money no reach am,na Yahoo he go do last last
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by AutoChick4U(f): 2:59pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
I need more directions please
You can be a mobile barber in school and also indulge in crypto as well.

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by justmondris: 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2021
You don’t need to drop everything just because you want to learn blockchain development or programming. You may spend upto one 1+ year learning software development before getting an entry level or internship role. Can you survive this when you are making any money to feed yourself ?

You don’t need to join any school to learn programming. I will advice you to get a Udemy course or an ebook and start to learn blockchain at night after work. Once you have mastered the basic and gotten an entry or junior role, you can drop your barber shop and focus on it.

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Omonigho1976: 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
I need more directions please
leave forex alone I repeat, leave forex alone it's a zero sum game! I wasted close to 15yrs of my life on that shit!!!!. If only I had gone into crypto then by now I'll have been a billionaire in usd

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Silentmoni(m): 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
The best advice u can get is d one u give yourself,what works for A might not work for B.......so discover yurself,knw wat u want den chase it

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by OBTOREPA(m): 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
Oboy, go school. You can still be in school and still do your block chain stuff.

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Cloud007: 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
If you think you are smart enough to be successful at Blockchain development then you should have the brain to combine school and barbing with it.

Had a senior those days in university. He was working on his ICAN, got a job in Lagos, and still lead the class during exams.

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Honeysweetest(f): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
prosperioh:
Abeg make person help me with 500N make i use cook something this Sunday, i know this is not right but i have no other option. God bless u
Access bank
PCO is my initials
oga Goan work
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by cowmanager2000: 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi
Thank you for opening this post. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated!

I am barber, just turned 19 few weeks ago and I am supposed to start my uni education tomorrow but that is not the problem.

I earned upwards of 40... Maybe 60k most of which I aid my siblings with. But it's too demanding, like 14 or 15 hours a day everyday. And I have some skill trading forex but I don't do it now.

Right now I want to drop barbing and possibly school to learn blockchain development. My mom will prolly take me for deliverance. Lol.
I am buying a laptop tomorrow. Already dropped social media, right now its just Reddit and NL.

I remember learning about Bitcoin like 7 years ago but couldn't get in till this year.

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace

* there is a way that seems right but the d end is ‘slippery and gloomy’
* how on earth will u leave ‘certainty 4 uncertainty’ it seems to me ‘they are frying akara in the front of your house’
* it is good for a young man to bear his burden in the youthful age..
*Bitcoin will come and go’ just like forex( giragira wined down)
* and by the way .. if your learnt about Bitcoin 7years ago (19-7=12??)
if you learnt about Bitcoin 7yrs ago and 7yrs after is still here.... then it show that 4 years to come after your university you could still ‘join Bitcoin’ wagon but then .. you would have had your Degree certificate @hand.
Go to school; continue your barbing business in school and you will never be broke
* take life gently .. gently ‘cos d ground is slippery’

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by yinkeys(m): 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi

You can always trade when you’re idle
Or do you cut hair non stop for 10 hours
If you ask me, my advice would be
find a way to merge it all with a proper schedule
Just find a way.
The future is unpredictable & you shouldn’t put all eggs in one basket.
If it’s possible to learn at the barbershop while not cutting hair, then do it.
FG recently made crypto somewhat illegal too, so you shouldn’t go about discussing blockchain related topics
FG wants to keep Nigerians poor
Don’t bother going into programming if your IQ isn’t well above average.

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by ManOfCompetence(m): 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Grab my weed to read comments
Street ain't smilinggringrin
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by lomprico(m): 3:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace

what is wrong is learning it and continuing your schooling and employing someone to run d shop?

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by cardoctor(m): 3:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
Check with your village people first.

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by PapaNnamdi: 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2021
I sorry for all of una wey de give this guy advice.
See enh

This guy has encountered a fraudster(yahoo yahoo)
Wey give am the usual line" I'm into Bitcoin and cryptocurrency trading" or I'm into "Blockchain development"
They are fraudsters yahoo yahoo modafokas.

Hiding under the money they stole from clients or from people's crypto wallet,

Some of them now steal cryptocurrency stash it in their wallet and tell u they are into Blockchain and crypto trading,

They are all thieves,

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by dontbothermuch: 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2021
ClixMaster:
Oh, OK. Learn a skill and make sure you are good at it. No harm is giving forex a trial though but avoid greed.

My brother, God bless you. Avoid Greed at all cost.

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by FILEBE(m): 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2021
You can do all together with time and dedication. Don't rush it . Please go to school. That shouldn't be compromised . You don't have to be the best in your class or anything , just go to school acquire knowledge and make lots of contacts. Walk with likeminds like yourself and you will achieve more . One of the Best thing out of school is the people you will meet.

If you have a laptop and active Internet, your learnings with be easier.

Barbing could be a side hustle.
Don't be greedy, don't compare yourself with others. Be contented.

Doing all these together makes you an HUSTLER. This is king of HUSTLING we are talking about, not some shady,fraud or drug dealings.

You are still young . You have plenty time. I sincerely respect your hustle man. It is a motivation to other youths. Please keep it up and you will see how far you will go.

Don't be greedy, don't compare yourself with others ,live withing your means, Go legit!

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by ElectGINeer(m): 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2021
I'd advice you go to the university, you should be able to combine the two. More so, student community in the universities now are more invaluable than before. You'd find people who are more knowledgeable than you on the subject and the networking going to a Uni would provide too.

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Depressed101: 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace
i didn't read your post, but I saw blockchain in the heading, so yes

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Enyimbamercedes: 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
My simple answer would be yes BUT this is a future investment that will pay off when a forward-thinking government comes into power.

Under this administration, their definition of block chain is to block any avenue for the youth or citizens to make money through blockchain applications.

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by yinkeys(m): 3:23pm On Nov 14, 2021
PapaNnamdi:
I sorry for all of una wey de give this guy advice.
See enh

This guy has encountered a fraudster(yahoo yahoo)
Wey give am the usual line" I'm into Bitcoin and cryptocurrency trading" or I'm into "Blockchain development"
They are fraudsters yahoo yahoo modafokas.

Hiding under the money they stole from clients or from people's crypto wallet,

Some of them now steal cryptocurrency stash it in their wallet and tell u they are into Blockchain and crypto trading,

They are all thieves,

There are genuine crypto traders earning from buying, selling & leveraging tokens
Not everyone is a con
It’s a high income skill if you know what you’re doing in addition to being lucky.
People lose a lot of money also.

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Nwaotu10(m): 3:24pm On Nov 14, 2021
Yes, bro.

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2021
Omonigho1976:
leave forex alone I repeat, leave forex alone it's a zero sum game! I wasted close to 15yrs of my life on that shit!!!!. If only I had gone into crypto then by now I'll have been a billionaire in usd
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by ITbomb(m): 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2021
Get that bloody certificate first, you might not necessarily eat from it but it will open doors for you along with high networked peeps
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by DaveHarry(m): 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace

Must you seek advice on every decision you want to make in life? Which kind mumu people come dey join nairaland these days sef!

Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job / How I Become A Vehicle Diagnostic Technician Through Nairaland / Tired Of Staying At Home Which Of These Skills Should I Go For?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59