Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,328 members, 7,829,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Rate My Website - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Rate My Website (843 Views)

Rate My Portfolio Website On A Scale Of 1-10 / Rate My First React Website / Rate My ATM Machine Simulator Built With HTML, CSS And JS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rate My Website by Naijatask: 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hello guys, so it's been quite some few months I've been learning front end development.

But I've been procrastinating all these while when I try to start up a project.

I got an opportunity last week, when a group assignment mandated us to build a website and if possible, build a mobile app too (we'll never build the mobile app by the way cheesy).

You can check out the website I built for the purpose of our group work @ www.gokeke.com.ng it's only a month hosting sha angry angry grin I might have to move it to Netlify after the one month hosting expires.

I'll be glad if I can receive heavy criticisms from professionals here.

By the way, I used pure html, css and JavaScript.

And if you're wondering when I started to learn how to program, it's been 11 months now.

Ps: I used bolt.eu as an inspiration for the design.

Thank you

@karleb
@tensazangetsu20
Re: Rate My Website by Ynix(m): 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
Naijatask:
Hello guys, so it's been quite some few months I've been learning front end development.

I got an opportunity last week, when a group assignment mandated us to build a website and if possible, build a mobile app too (we'll never build the mobile app by the way cheesy).

You can check out the website I built for the purpose of our group work @ www.gokeke.com.ng it's only a month hosting sha angry angry grin I might have to move it to Netlify after the one month hosting expires.

And if you're wondering when I started to learn how to program, it's been 11 months now.

Thank you

@karleb
@tensazangetsu20
No ssl
Re: Rate My Website by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
Naijatask:

Thank you

@karleb
@tensazangetsu20
Wow this is nice.
Re: Rate My Website by Naijatask: 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2021
Ynix:

No ssl

Yeah. It wasn't a year hosting that I bought. I actually bought a good ne month hosting, since we'll be making presentation this week. So, I had to opt in for a month hosting which costs just 500naira while the domain costs 1,000 naira. I'll be uploading it to Netlify as one of my portfolios after I've made some adjustments to it.
Re: Rate My Website by Naijatask: 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Wow this is nice.

Thanks alot boss grin grin grin grin
Re: Rate My Website by marveledje(m): 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
Good job, sir...
Please which hosting coy did you use? I need it
Re: Rate My Website by Jas80: 5:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
Naijatask:

Thank you

@karleb
@tensazangetsu20

Awesome is all I can say
Re: Rate My Website by Karleb(m): 6:01pm On Nov 14, 2021
It's very nice. I love the animations and the mobile responsiveness. The use of colors, font size and font weights are also very cool. cool

Some developers who charge high don't even make websites as good as this.

Just move it to nelify or similar free hosting services, you can't be wasting money on demo applications.
Re: Rate My Website by Just123: 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
grin It hard to see but because I have experience something like this before that why I saw it, the nav-bar doesn't disappear when you click a section.
Re: Rate My Website by WIREMIND: 7:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
You tried,
Website is smooth
Re: Rate My Website by Karleb(m): 7:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
Just123:
grin It hard to see but because I have experience something like this before that why I saw it, the nav-bar doesn't disappear when you click a section.

Bug hunter to the rescue. cool

At OP, you know what to do my man. cool

1 Like

Re: Rate My Website by Naijatask: 7:46pm On Nov 14, 2021
Jas80:

Awesome is all I can say

Thanks a bunch. I was ready to actually receive lots of criticisms but seems like I still tried cheesy.

Cos I still don't have confidence in my skills.

I thought being able to use frameworks like bootstrap, materialize or tailwind is the real deal cheesy cheesy. Never knew, that using css was okay too
Re: Rate My Website by Naijatask: 7:47pm On Nov 14, 2021
Karleb:
It's very nice. I love the animations and the mobile responsiveness. The use of colors, font size and font weights are also very cool. cool

Some developers who charge high don't even make websites as good as this.

Just move it to nelify or similar free hosting services, you can't be wasting money on demo applications.

Thank you grin I had to, since it's a group project, I needed to purchase the domain, so I decided to pay for a month hosting.

And if you're wondering what department I'm from, it's Estate management and valuation.

I've always loved everything about computer science right from my secondary school days

I applied for cyber security science, and I landed in my current course instead cry.

5years down the drain, I realized I still couldn't find fulfilment and so, I started making researches if I could still learn computer science on my own cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Rate My Website by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
Very nice
Re: Rate My Website by Naijatask: 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
marveledje:
Good job, sir...
Please which hosting coy did you use? I need it

I used truehost and spent 1,500 for both the hosting and domain (1 month hosting and a .com.ng domain for a year)
Re: Rate My Website by Naijatask: 7:53pm On Nov 14, 2021
Just123:

Thank you for the update.

I'll make some adjustments to it soon wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Rate My Website by Just123: 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2021
Karleb:

Bug hunter to the rescue. cool

At OP, you know what to do my man. cool
grin Boss, I know wetin Nav-bar don do me.
Had it been nav-bar is a person I would have impregnated his wife. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rate My Website by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2021
nice UI. but work on your header in desktop view.
Re: Rate My Website by Naijatask: 12:18am On Nov 15, 2021
ahmedsaniadamu:
nice UI. but work on your header in desktop view.
Fortunately, that problem seems to stem from the current host. I've tried making adjustments, and nothing changed embarassed .

This is how it looks like on my PC before deployment. And then, everything changed after deployment

Re: Rate My Website by Powersurge: 3:50am On Nov 15, 2021
The site is nice. How long have you been coding?
Re: Rate My Website by Naijatask: 8:12am On Nov 15, 2021
Powersurge:
The site is nice. How long have you been coding?

11 months. Although I've been going on and off though due to my school activities.
Re: Rate My Website by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 10:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
Naijatask:

Fortunately, that problem seems to stem from the current host. I've tried making adjustments, and nothing changed embarassed .

This is how it looks like on my PC before deployment. And then, everything changed after deployment

I think the problem is that either you using responsive unit in your page header I.e in the height property ( vh or % ) of the image or the header itself. that is why it will stretch the image to look so bad in devices that have larger screen height...
Re: Rate My Website by Naijatask: 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2021
ahmedsaniadamu:

I think the problem is that either you using responsive unit in your page header I.e in the height property ( vh or % ) of the image or the header itself. that is why it will stretch the image to look so bad in devices that have larger screen height...

Thank you, I was actually using percentages for the grid I used a 50% and 1fr for the grid template columns
Re: Rate My Website by frank417: 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
Nice
Re: Rate My Website by Naijatask: 2:40am On Nov 18, 2021
frank417:
Nice

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Voice Enabled Web Based Application For Crm. / Sap/oracle User Companies / Need Any IT Ebook?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.