Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left (1602 Views)

How I Was Disvirgined By My Late Step Mom At Age 11... My True Life Story / How Yahoo Almost Ruined My Life (18+) "True Life Story" / 3years Old Boy Identifies His Killer From Previous Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by iknopro(m): 11:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
I woke up this morning to my mum crying.
I could hear her sobs from our room.

I pressed my phone's power button and there it was. The reason for the sobs.

I guess the pain never really goes away. Maybe we just learn to live with it and get used to it, but it never really goes away.

For my family, every 14th November has been a very sad one for us since the last three years.

The day holds and brings nothing but bad memories for and to us.

I have come to accept all that has happened, or so I think, and I hope that the rest of my family, mum especially does same too. Even though it is a bitter pill to swallow.

Two weeks to 14th November three years ago, my big sister had returned from school and had shown us all the engagement ring on her finger.

Apparently, her boyfriend of three years popped the big question, and she said yes.

It was a happy moment for all of us.

My big sister said they'd be coming for introduction in two weeks time, so our parents swung into action making necessary preparations.

The introduction was scheduled for the 17thbof November which happened to be a Saturday.

On the 14th, my sister asked me to accompany her to the city market to buy her dress for the introduction, and also to pick a few things for myself too as the bride's only sister.

We set out early in order to return he before the scorching sun would start unleashing its rage and venom on the inhabitants of the earth.

We combed the market going from a stall to another seeking for the things we needed.

Some stalls, we bought from after a little back and forth in bargaining, others we left without buying because the price didn't align, while others had us going and returning when we got worse prices elsewhere. Usual shopping behavior.

We were already leaving the market to the park when we realized we didn't buy body sprays and perfume.

My big sister told me to wait for her while she quickly rushed to get our usuals at the nearest stall.

No sooner had she left than I heard shouts of "ole! ole!! ole!!!".

I turned to see what happened, and there was my sister being dragged by a mob.

I was confused. I ran to where they were, but wasn't allowed access to her.

I cried, pleaded and wailed "my sister is not a thief, we came to the market to buy things". I was saying in a loud voice, but the angry mob looked like they'd kill me if I said anything else.

In tears, I quickly put a call to my dad who was home at the moment. Being that we lived not to far from the market, he arrived the scene in no time.

"This girl na tiff"
"fine girl like this dey tiff"
"make una burn am, so other people like her go learn".
"Chai, this fine girl".
"so na tiff you dey come this market dey tiff".
"make una bring tyre and fuel".

I heard several voices in the mob say.

My sister cried and begged to be spared.

It all just didn't make sense. Nobody was saying what happened, but they were all calling her a thief and suggesting that they lynch her.

By the time my dad arrived the scene, my sister was already up in blazes. She screamed loudly as the fire burnt her.

The smell of a burning human filled the air.

My dad stood transfixed to the spot he stood. My tears couldn't be controlled.

Our world came crumbling in milliseconds.

By the time we got home, the news had already reached him as people gathered in our house to sympathize with us.

My big sister was the calmest in our house. She never talked much she was very homely and accommodating, smiling was the only thing she did most times.

People on our street called her Adamma. She was so beautiful and down to earth. Her voice was angelic and soothing.

She didn't deserve to die that way, and no, she isn't a thief.

We still don't know what exactly happened and what went missing, and why my sister was nailed to the crime.

It's been three long years without her in this house, and her aura and presence is still felt around the house

Some people say it's village people, others say it's just bad fate. My family counts it as a terrible tragedy.

Three years today, and it hurts just as much as it hurts on that eventful day.

The pain really never goes away.

© Dera

Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by iknopro(m): 11:27pm On Nov 14, 2021
Jungle justice I not the way forward
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by mikigen(m): 11:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
I feel your pain cry maybe cox I have had a similar experience though I was lucky to survive it am still thinking of creating a thread on that tho. This life eh sad
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by mikigen(m): 11:37pm On Nov 14, 2021
iknopro:
Jungle justice I not the way forward
I tell you who nor go nor kw o

1 Like

Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by Oblongata: 11:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
May God in his infinite mercies console you and your family.

It is well with you my dear sister!

Reason why I will always be an advocate for relocating abroad.

Nigeria is a jungle.

May God forgive the dead and grant her eternal peace

@op please watch mama carefully and try to make her happy. May your family not experience 'follow go'
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by Karlovych: 11:59pm On Nov 14, 2021
embarassed It's a shame what happened to your sister, Nigerians don't trust the police or the justice system that's why they are keen to carry out what they feel is "justice" by themselves. The core of the society is rotten. A lot of things need to change regarding the mindset and character of their citizens.

1 Like

Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by iknopro(m): 12:05am On Nov 15, 2021
It's really painful
mikigen:
I feel your pain cry maybe cox I have had a similar experience though I was lucky to survive it am still thinking of creating a thread on that tho. This life eh sad

1 Like

Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by iknopro(m): 12:06am On Nov 15, 2021
God knows the best
Karlovych:
embarassed It's a shame what happened to your sister, Nigerians don't trust the police or the justice system that's why they are keen to carry out what they feel is "justice" by themselves. The core of the society is rotten. A lot of things need to change regarding the mindset and character of their citizens.
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by iknopro(m): 12:07am On Nov 15, 2021
Thank you so much
Oblongata:
May God in his infinite mercies console you and your family.

It is well with you my dear sister!

Reason why I will always be an advocate for relocating abroad.

Nigeria is a jungle.

May God forgive the dead and grant her eternal peace

@op please watch mama carefully and try to make her happy. May your family not experience 'follow go'
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by Karlovych: 12:11am On Nov 15, 2021
iknopro:
God knows the best
Sorry for your loss
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by Depressed101: 12:25am On Nov 15, 2021
That's some chilled shit bro, take heart
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by ScamExpose: 2:45am On Nov 15, 2021
[s]
iknopro:

I guess the pain never really goes away. Maybe we just learn to live with it and get used to it, but it never really goes away.

For my family, every 14th November has been a very sad one for us since the last three years.

I have come to accept all that has happened, or so I think, and I hope that the rest of my family, mum especially does same too. Even though it is a bitter pill to swallow.

Two weeks to 14th November three years ago, my big sister had returned from school and had shown us all the engagement ring on her finger.

Apparently, her boyfriend of three years popped the big question, and she said yes.

My big sister said they'd be coming for introduction in two weeks time, so our parents swung into action making necessary preparations.

The introduction was scheduled for the 17thbof November which happened to be a Saturday.

On the 14th, my sister asked me to accompany her to the city market to buy her dress for the introduction, and also to pick a few things for myself too as the bride's only sister.

We set out early in order to return he before the scorching sun would start unleashing its rage and venom on the inhabitants of the earth.

We combed the market going from a stall to another seeking for the things we needed.

Some stalls, we bought from after a little back and forth in bargaining, others we left without buying because the price didn't align, while others had us going and returning when we got worse prices elsewhere. Usual shopping behavior.

We were already leaving the market to the park when we realized we didn't buy body sprays and perfume.

My big sister told me to wait for her while she quickly rushed to get our usuals at the nearest stall.

I cried, pleaded and wailed "my sister is not a thief, we came to the market to buy things". I was saying in a loud voice, but the angry mob looked like they'd kill me if I said anything else.

In tears, I quickly put a call to my dad who was home at the moment. Being that we lived not to far from the market, he arrived the scene in no time.

"This girl na tiff"
"Chai, this fine girl".

It all just didn't make sense. Nobody was saying what happened, but they were all calling her a thief and suggesting that they lynch her.

By the time my dad arrived the scene, my sister was already up in blazes. She screamed loudly as the fire burnt her.

By the time we got home, the news had already reached him as people gathered in our house to sympathize with us.

My big sister was the calmest in our house. She never talked much she was very homely and accommodating, smiling was the only thing she did most times.

People on our street called her Adamma. She was so beautiful and down to earth. Her voice was angelic and soothing.

We still don't know what exactly happened and what went missing, and why my sister was nailed to the crime.

It's been three long years without her in this house, and her aura and presence is still felt around the house

Some people say it's village people, others say it's just bad fate. My family counts it as a terrible tragedy.

© Dera
[/s] lies

1 Like

Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by Bigpapi: 3:22am On Nov 15, 2021
iknopro:

"This girl na tiff"
"Chai, this fine girl".

© Dera

Picture of it sister or I don blivit

Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by Foodqueen(f): 3:31am On Nov 15, 2021
Are you for real

For your mom, I think the pain of loosing her daughter in such scenario hurts more than death itself.
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by illicit(m): 5:20am On Nov 15, 2021
If ur house isn't far from the market, someone should have known her among the mob and raised questions

1 Like

Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by PoliteActivist: 6:01am On Nov 15, 2021
ScamExpose:
[s][/s] lies

How do you know??
There is no way you can be sure it is fiction, so you have to take the author's word that it is a true story.
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by DawnStudios(m): 6:59am On Nov 15, 2021
Chai
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by Sonnobax15(m): 7:07am On Nov 15, 2021
sad
Mennnnnnnn,this is bad....very sad indeed.
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by bigpicture001: 11:09am On Nov 15, 2021
If this is true I know you would have done something... Something like hold on to her, cry and explain to least one person dat will listen and if u failed.. would have stated a silent revenge on the partakers of the burning...

It's just a good story.. but not true.. mob has never set a lady ablaze.. they only shame Dem by making Dem naked ND video them
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by DoctorDree(m): 11:10am On Nov 15, 2021
Hmmmmm
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by bigpicture001: 11:12am On Nov 15, 2021
PoliteActivist:

How do you know??
There is no way you can be sure it is fiction, so you have to take the author's word that it is a true story.

Ever seen any lady set ablaxed before... It's usually males.. ladies are shamed with unclothedness
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by PoliteActivist: 11:54am On Nov 15, 2021
bigpicture001:

Ever seen any lady set ablaxed before... It's usually males.. ladies are shamed with unclothedness

See below. Just because you never read nor heard about something is not PROOF it never happened.

Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by bigpicture001: 11:57am On Nov 15, 2021
PoliteActivist:

See below. Just because you never read nor heard about something is not PROOF it never happened.

Now u see.. u could scoop just one news of a lady.. it hardly happens..

Not concerned about China.. every body and ein own culture.. we hadly kill ladies here by fire for any wringdoing
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by PoliteActivist: 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2021
bigpicture001:

Now u see.. u could scoop just one news of a lady.. it hardly happens..

Not concerned about China.. every body and ein own culture.. we hadly kill ladies here by fire for any wringdoing

I showed 4 different NIGERIAN stories. See, now you add "hardly". That "hardly" could have been that lady's sister. And note she said "we never found out what happened". Could have been cult or anything at all. Doesn't mean it never happened

Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
I just find it hard to believe this story mehn. Shouting and wailing isn't enough for a sister,make them kill us together if they won't listen, cos me i can't live with the memory of how she was killed.
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by chinchonglee(m): 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
Omo!
I thought i was strong emotionally...

This one almost made me drop tears.

Chai!
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by Jlow2: 12:38am On Nov 16, 2021
What was she accused of stealing, who did she steak from?
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by elmodee7(m): 4:25am On Nov 16, 2021
So sad, say no to jungle justice.
Re: A True Life Story. Its Been 3years You Left by mysticwarrior(m): 7:20am On Nov 16, 2021
bigpicture001:
If this is true I know you would have done something... Something like hold on to her, cry and explain to least one person dat will listen and if u failed.. would have stated a silent revenge on the partakers of the burning...

It's just a good story.. but not true.. mob has never set a lady ablaze.. they only shame Dem by making Dem naked ND video them
a lady has been set ablaze right in front of me in Warri, she was caught kidnapping a child.

(1) (Reply)

Human Body Parts Business In The USA / Gunmen Hijack Benue Links Bus, Kidnap Naomi, 6 Others In Kogi {Photos} / VIDEO: Man Beats Up Two Young Ladies For Attacking Him At A Parking Lot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.