Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. (5403 Views)

Earn Over N450,000 Monthly, Working With Us In 2019 / Start Earning N450,000 Monthly As Real Estate Consultant / Partner With Us In Nigeria And Earn N450, 000 Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hello all,

So quick intro: I've been a startup founder since I graduated in 2014 (Computer Science) and I've always done that. This year my co-founder and I decided to stop working with private organizations (this was how we got funds to take care of our needs and reinvest into our startups) as they don't pay well and mostly owe you money.
We needed a more stable and lucrative source of income so we can keep pushing our startup ideas on the side.

I started applying for jobs in August and decided to only look for remote work with Startups in the UK, US, & Asia. Nigerian companies don't pay well (maybe can't) for many reasons.
My co-founder doesn't have this problem as he lives in the UK (we met in Uni) so getting a good coding job would be very easy for him.

My startup skills are mostly focused on sales, project management, and business development. As you can imagine my CV is very weird, as I only have work experience with myself as the founder, this made it a bit difficult to make progress with job applications.
As I continued to apply, I eventually realized mistakes I was making and improved on my selection of jobs, since then I've had 5 video interviews, 3 went with someone else with 2 hopefully getting back to me this week or next.

The major thing I noticed is that they're quite a few job opportunities that are open to people from Nigeria (Global Remote), other remote jobs still require you to be in the UK or US. More interestingly, some of them don't require you to have a specialized skill like coding or finance, just a good command of English (speaking and writing) then good time management.

Most of these jobs are virtual assistance, data entry, appointment setter, customer care, telemarking, etc.
They're very entry-level but most have an average pay of $5/hr.
That's $40 per day, which is $200 per week (excluding Saturday & Sunday), totaling $800 per month.
Approximately N450,000 per month, that's really good money for most Nigerians!
Let's not forget these are still entry-level jobs, some applicable to fresh Uni graduates (blame our trash economy/exchange rate).

So I decided (startup habit) to build something to help Nigerians look for remote work online.
It's a website with hints on how to apply, interview, and get paid.
It also has a list of sites that are very helpful in finding those jobs (from experience) and finally, I personally search for the most entry-level jobs that are global remote and post them there every few days for others to see and apply.
If you're interested, please check it out, ask me if you have any questions, and please share with anyone that you think might need/want it.
https://workabroadfromhome.online/

P.s - This is version 1 of the site and it's MVP, not super impressive.

Edit: Please I am not the one offering these jobs, I am only giving you information on the site, so you can make progress, I can't hire you, I'm also looking for remote work (we're in this together) lmao.
We can only give you updates on good entry-level remote jobs on the website (job listing page), you still need to prepare and apply for the jobs.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by Ammishaddai: 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hi. I have questions . Do these companies require your certificate? Secondly, are these freelancing roles or do they have fulltime opportunities with the possibility of pension ?
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Hi. I have questions . Do these companies require your certificate? Secondly, are these freelancing roles or do they have fulltime opportunities with the possibility of pension ?

Hello, they're mostly part-time/full-time opportunities. I have no idea about pensions, as international laws may differ but again that depends on the company, as some startups offer you equity after a few years.
It really depends on what you find so I recommend also doing some searches yourself using the list of sites provided.
For now, I would advise not focusing on pensions and focusing on just getting the job, they pay and the experience for your CV.
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by Ammishaddai: 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
TnoMai:

Hello, they're mostly part-time/full-time opportunities. I have no idea about pensions, as international laws may differ but again that depends on the company, as some startups offer you equity after a few years.
It really depends on what you find so I recommend also doing some searches yourself using the list of sites provided.
For now, I would advise not focusing on pensions and focusing on just getting the job, they pay and the experience for your CV.
Thanks for the info. However, I'd love to hook up with you for better explanation in regards to your own personal experience. Would that be okay?
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by Ejike07: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2021
TnoMai:
Hello all,

So quick intro: I've been a startup founder since I graduated in 2014 (Computer Science) and I've always done that. This year my co-founder and I decided to stop working with private organizations (this was how we got funds to take care of our needs and reinvest into our startups) as they don't pay well and mostly owe you money.
We needed a more stable and lucrative source of income so we can keep pushing our startup ideas on the side.

I started applying for jobs in August and decided to only look for remote work with Startups in the UK, US, & Asia. Nigerian companies don't pay well (maybe can't) for many reasons.
My co-founder doesn't have this problem as he lives in the UK (we met in Uni) so getting a good coding job would be very easy for him.

My startup skills are mostly focused on sales, project management, and business development. As you can imagine my CV is very weird, as I only have work experience with myself as the founder, this made it a bit difficult to make progress with job applications.
As I continued to apply, I eventually realized mistakes I was making and improved on my selection of jobs, since then I've had 5 video interviews, 3 went with someone else with 2 hopefully getting back to me this week or next.

The major thing I noticed is that they're quite a few job opportunities that are open to people from Nigeria (Global Remote), other remote jobs still require you to be in the UK or US. More interestingly, some of them don't require you to have a specialized skill like coding or finance, just a good command of English (speaking and writing) then good time management.

Most of these jobs are virtual assistance, data entry, appointment setter, customer care, telemarking, etc.
That's $40 per day, which is $200 per week (excluding Saturday & Sunday), totaling $800 per month.
Let's not forget these are still entry-level jobs, some applicable to fresh Uni graduates (blame our trash economy/exchange rate).

So I decided (startup habit) to build something to help Nigerians look for remote work online.
It also has a list of sites that are very helpful in finding those jobs (from experience) and finally, I personally search for the most entry-level jobs that are global remote and post them there every few days for others to see and apply.
If you're interested, please check it out, ask me if you have any questions, and please share with anyone that you think might need/want it.

thanks for this writeup. Our people here are so problematic. Just a man that wanted to employ me as a grafix designer wanted to be paying me peanuts and no guarantee he would even pay. On the other hand, I searched many sites but most remote jobs were restricted to US and Canada and some other western ccounyries
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Thanks for the info. However, I'd love to hook up with you for better explanation in regards to your own personal experience. Would that be okay?
It's no problem at all, I might not be able to meet in person but you can shoot me an email at info@workabroadfromhome.online and I'll respond :-).
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ejike07:

thanks for this writeup. Our people here are so problematic. Just a man that wanted to employ me as a grafix designer wanted to be paying me peanuts and no guarantee he would even pay. On the other hand, I searched many sites but most remote jobs were restricted to US and Canada and some other western ccounyries

You understand the situation! So yeah, you can use those sites to search for jobs more suited for your skill level as a designer, I'm a UX/UI designer myself but I want to work in sales.

Though on WAFH I'll only be posting entry-level jobs (global remote) as I feel that's what applies to most Nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by Jedalord: 1:46pm On Nov 15, 2021
TnoMai:
Hello all,

Kudos to you guys. I hope it goes through successfully
Would it also work for internships?
And what payment platform does it adopt?
Thanks
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 2:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
Jedalord:

Kudos to you guys. I hope it goes through successfully
Would it also work for internships?
And what payment platform does it adopt?
Thanks

Thank you! Though we aren't doing anything ourselves.
I've put together tips and lessons I've learned on the home page of the site so other people can quickly learn it and make progress.
Then on the jobs listing part of the site, we've put up the sites I used (and still use) to search for remote work.
I also post entry-level jobs I find on the job listing to help people that want to apply, so they can apply directly.

Yes you can use the sites we posted to search for internships.
You should go through the site.

2 Likes

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by Jedalord: 2:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
TnoMai:

Thank you! Though we aren't doing anything ourselves.
I've put together tips and lessons I've learned on the home page of the site so other people can quickly learn it and make progress.
Then on the jobs listing part of the site, we've put up the sites I used (and still use) to search for remote work.
I also post entry-level jobs I find on the job listing to help people that want to apply, so they can apply directly.

Yes you can use the sites we posted to search for internships.
You should go through the site.
Thanks will check it out. Good luck with your project
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2021
Jedalord:

Thanks will check it out. Good luck with your project

Arigato, hopefully, it's helpful to others.
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by Uziyl(m): 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
You guys can check out tamborin.io it's for securing remote jobs for techies in Africa.
They also have a slack channel you can join

1 Like

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 3:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
Uziyl:
You guys can check out tamborin.io it's for securing remote jobs for techies in Africa.
They also have a slack channel you can join
Hey, just checked it out, it's pretty dope. But I'm not sure the jobs there apply to most Nigerians as they require some level of tech skill.
I wanted to add it to the list of sites but I'll still think about it a bit more.
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by franklingud(m): 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
TnoMai:
Hello all,

Thank you sir for this wonderful piece.

My question is
1. Can under graduates apply? I mean O'level
2. Can Someone with basic ICT skills; software and hardware apply?
3. Can someone work with android phone?

Thank you sir.
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
franklingud:

Thank you sir for this wonderful piece.

My question is
1. Can under graduates apply? I mean O'level
2. Can Someone with basic ICT skills; software and hardware apply?
3. Can someone work with android phone?

Thank you sir.

Hello, thanks!

1) Depends on the job you find, some entry-level jobs don't require a university degree, some do. So you have to find what works for you using those sites. I'll be posting jobs that I find which don't have strong requirements, every few days.

2) For most entry-level jobs, that's perfectly fine.

3) I wouldn't recommend doing remote work with a phone (android or iOS) as stated on the site. Most jobs require you to have a lap.

P.S - no need to call me sir, I'm 29 lol
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by Cuteimma1(m): 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
Amazing... I will check it out

1 Like

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by Uwaomaokey(m): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
TnoMai:

Hello, thanks!

1) Depends on the job you find, some entry-level jobs don't require a university degree, some do. So you have to find what works for you using those sites. I'll be posting jobs that I find which don't have strong requirements, every few days.

3) I wouldn't recommend doing remote work with a phone (android or iOS) as stated on the site. Most jobs require you to have a lap.

Sir still. wink
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by Lefty500: 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2021
When I entered this thread and started reading, I thought it's one of this "aspire to perspire to maguire" thread, but it wasn't. So I continued to read, and I must say thank you, because you are solving a problem I've been thinking about lately. I'm just about to finish an online course, and I will prefer working remotely, I believe this will be instrumental to my development.
Thanks son much bro.

Remote tech job (not necessary deep tech) is the way forward.

2 Likes

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
Lefty500:
When I entered this thread and started reading, I thought it's one of this "aspire to perspire to maguire" thread, but it wasn't. So I continued to read, and I must say thank you, because you are solving a problem I've been thinking about lately. I'm just about to finish an online course, and I will prefer working remotely, I believe this will be instrumental to my development.
Thanks son much bro.

Remote tech job (not necessary deep tech) is the way forward.

Arigato, happy you find it helpful!
Someone pointed out tamborin.io for specifically tech jobs, you should also check it out.
I'll be updating the job listing on the site by Wednesday (latest), but that's focusing on Entry-level jobs.

2 Likes

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by konny1(m): 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
TnoMai:
Hello all,

Edit: Please I am not the one offering these jobs, I am only giving you information on the site, so you can make progress, I can't hire you, I'm also looking for remote work (we're in this together) lmao.
We can only give you updates on good entry-level remote jobs on the website (job listing page), you still need to prepare and apply for the jobs.

Nice info

1 Like

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by Analee(f): 7:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
Pls is there no job for Android users?
Esp. ppl who doesn't av lap for now
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 7:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Analee:
Pls is there no job for Android users?
Esp. ppl who doesn't av lap for now

We only share jobs we find on other job hunt websites, I've never seen a remote job that can easily be done on a phone (android or iOS), most employers require you to use a laptop or tablet.
What I would recommend if you don't have a laptop is to update your CV and Cover Letter using a friends' laptop or a cybercafe, so you can apply for the jobs using your phone until you can get a few interviews.

By when you do get a job offer, it would be easier to loan money from family and friends to afford an average laptop for work, as you'll be able to prove to them that you can pay back in a week or a month.
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by Lefty500: 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
TnoMai:

Arigato, happy you find it helpful!
Someone pointed out tamborin.io for specifically tech jobs, you should also check it out.
I'll be updating the job listing on the site by Wednesday (latest), but that's focusing on Entry-level jobs.

Yes, I've bookmarked it too.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by 7Randall: 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
TnoMai:
Hello all,

Thanks a lot for this bro. I should get a laptop ASAP.

1 Like

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by Bbqekpa: 8:43pm On Nov 15, 2021
TnoMai:

Hello, thanks!

What's the site.i can't find it on your post bro
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 8:53pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bbqekpa:

What's the site.i can't find it on your post bro

Go to the website, it's all there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by PapaNnamdi: 9:22pm On Nov 15, 2021
ur websites UI and UX is horrible,
website also not responsive to changes in screen size..
lemme know when you need a decent graphics designer/UI UX designer/web design and development specialist.

that's my super power
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
PapaNnamdi:
lemme know when you need a decent graphics designer/UI UX designer/web design and development specialist.

that's my super power

Come on son, you can do better than that. lol
You can market yourself using better means than lying or trying to put people (or their work) down. lmao

5 Likes

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by Crieff(m): 9:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
PapaNnamdi:

that's my super power

I disagree.

The UI/UX for that site is definitely above average. Very responsive on my phone over here. Don't know what you're seeing there.

Solid work OP!

4 Likes

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by Milesbillions(m): 10:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
Thank God I stumbled on this thread....having been looking for ways of getting entry level remote work to apply for......

Boss, I'm a graduate of Environmental biology/zoology currently undergoing compulsory nysc although I'm about to complete it, four months remaining for my service yr to come to an end....I have developed myself by obtaining so many certifications relating to business from udemy and also HSE certifications too.

So I'm on the verge of building and writing my CV but I don't have any template to use....so don't know if u have any sample that u can send to me to use.....also, which entry level jobs can I easily get using the above qualifications?

I had alot of work experience but non are related to my course of study apart from my IT and Research experience

1 Like

Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by chariisGRACE(m): 10:58pm On Nov 15, 2021
TnoMai:

You understand the situation! So yeah, you can use those sites to search for jobs more suited for your skill level as a designer, I'm a UX/UI designer myself but I want to work in sales.

Though on WAFH I'll only be posting entry-level jobs (global remote) as I feel that's what applies to most Nigerians.

What does it feel like to be a UI/UX designer?

I'll be going into it when I get my laptop by December.
Re: How To Work For An International Company From Home (remotely), N450,000/month. by TnoMai: 11:44pm On Nov 15, 2021
Milesbillions:
Thank God I stumbled on this thread....having been looking for ways of getting entry level remote work to apply for......

Boss, I'm a graduate of Environmental biology/zoology currently undergoing compulsory nysc although I'm about to complete it, four months remaining for my service yr to come to an end....I have developed myself by obtaining so many certifications relating to business from udemy and also HSE certifications too.

So I'm on the verge of building and writing my CV but I don't have any template to use....so don't know if u have any sample that u can send to me to use.....also, which entry level jobs can I easily get using the above qualifications?

I had alot of work experience but non are related to my course of study apart from my IT and Research experience

Hey, glad to hear it!
1) I'll be doing a blog post where I recommend CV builders and include templates, should be on the site Wednesday/Thursday, so please just subscribe so you get an update when I put it up.

2) Your experience is good for most entry-level jobs, but you need to look at the specific job to see what they want, though I think you're definitely good.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Greennation Agro-business Training, Loan and Capital, Agric = Job / FCMB Salary Structure 2021 - How Much Does FCMB Pay Their Staffs / ONEAL INC Texted Me For Interveiw On The 3rd July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.