Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,445 members, 7,843,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Dead Towards Sin Inside Jesus Christ Crucified - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dead Towards Sin Inside Jesus Christ Crucified (212 Views)

From The DNA Of The Flesh To The DNA Of Holiness Inside Jesus Christ Crucified / Why Muslims Dodge Explaining Why Jesus Wasn't Crucified Nor Killed / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dead Towards Sin Inside Jesus Christ Crucified by ochibuogwu5: 10:31am On Nov 16, 2021
"Your old evil desires were nailed to the cross with HIM(Jesus Christ Crucified); that part of you that loves to sin was crushed and fatally wounded, so that your sin-loving body is no longer under sin’s control, no longer needs to be a slave to sin; 7 for when you are deadened to sin you are freed from all its allure and its power over you" (Romans 6:6-7 TLB)
Re: Dead Towards Sin Inside Jesus Christ Crucified by ochibuogwu5: 7:24pm On Nov 19, 2021
Galatians 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Re: Dead Towards Sin Inside Jesus Christ Crucified by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
ochibuogwu5:
Galatians 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Following Paul's view above, being dead to Law(the Old Covenant Law of Moses) for those who were previously born alive to it(Israelites/blood of Jacob), does not imply being dead to sin. Instead, Paul refers to those who through Jesus Christ had been redeemed from the debt owed the Old Law(Jews and the Kingdom of Canaan) by His sacrifice( He died to pay the ransom they owed) and have been given a new lease on life through the New Covenant Law(Jesus Christ) in the Kingdom of God, the Gospel. undecided

There Old sins - in the Old Covenant- are washed away by God but they are not in no way sinless in the Kingdom of God, a new Land with a different Law. undecided

(1) (Reply)

One Saved Not Always Saved! / Do You Need A Healthy Feeling, Read Till The End� / Types Of Pastors We Have In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.