Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm (10477 Views)

Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery / Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business / Access Bank And It's Age Requirement For Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by Kokadomfreedom(m): 9:28am On Nov 17, 2021
Good day, please, i will need your advice on this two options available to me at the moment. I am a graduate of Accounting in a state of dilema on which of these two options to choose. I have an offer to work as teller in a bank with #80k plus as salary and also to work in an Accounting/Auditing firm with a take home pay of #50k with an option of enrolling for ICAN in the next diet. I am confused on which one to go for career wise. Your advice needed urgently!

6 Likes

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by funshint(m): 9:55am On Nov 17, 2021
All these slave jobs...it depends on your interest. If you're strongly passionate about accounting, go for the audit job if you think you can cope with the low pay. But if not the 80k teller job is okay.

20 Likes

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by FalseProphet1(m): 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
Better collect the bank job, most ICAN certified Nigerian youths have become bet9ja addicts due to lack of jobs.

When your president doesn't have SSCE how can he value certificates.

Go for the higher paying job and use it to solve your financial problems or you might regret it.

This I have seen.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by Crusadee: 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
If you want to continue as a slave you know what to do, if you want to succeed as an accountant the option is still there for you FOR NOW... Choose wisely and happy choosing grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by Skooltynz: 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
I don't

Meanwhile a serious upcoming artiste is suppose to at least record a song and shoot a music video,griezech entertainment is offering you the golden opportunity to shoot a low budget video at an a very affordable rate.if interested click the link below to get all the info you need.

https://www.nairaland.com/6854523/record-song-shoot-video-low
Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by Lemmy123(m): 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
Eweeeyyyy!

Career wise, I'd advise you go with the Accounting/Auditing firm

Sapa wise, I'd advise you go for the teller job..

It seems Sapa is wiser these days, but the ball is in your court

18 Likes

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by murphyung(m): 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2021
I'd say go for the bank teller job. From it you can save 15k monthly (the remaining 65k is still better than the auditing salary sef) and have enough to enroll for ICAN when the time comes.
My 2 cent

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by festacman(m): 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2021
No brainer. You have always wanted to be an accountant as a PROFESSION. Bank Teller is not a profession.

Every organization needs accountants but only banks needs Tellers they enslave.

Teller job will so tie you down and make it difficult to develop yourself but working in an accounting firm is working to earn, gaining professional experience and with time to go for professional qualifications to earn big in future.

No mess up ooo!

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by Sinensis: 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kokadomfreedom:
Good day, please, i will need your advice on this two options available to me at the moment. I am a graduate of Accounting in a state of dilema on which of these two options to choose. I have an offer to work as teller in a bank with #80k plus as salary and also to work in an Accounting/Auditing firm with a take home pay of #50k with an option of enrolling for ICAN in the next diet. I am confused on which one to go for career wise. Your advice needed urgently!
Go for the accounting job. Teller job na slavery o. No Promotion nothing

13 Likes

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by Authoreety: 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2021
Choose anyonw
Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by osuofia2(m): 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kokadomfreedom:
will the audit firm pay for the cost of the ican . If yes then go with them

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by medexico(m): 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2021
Life no balance.
Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by TechNana(f): 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
I wouldn't do any, graduating from school and going fully into trading was the best decision I believe I made...

Being an entrepreneur is second to none.

See my topics

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by cooooooks(m): 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
Accounting firm that will pay your ICAN seems to be a better option.
Kokadomfreedom:
Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by NOTGOINGDOWN(m): 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
Audit firm.

There is prospect in audit firm than the teller job.
Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by candidbabe(f): 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
What do I know ?
Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by DropsMic(m): 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
Following
Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by OkCornel(m): 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kokadomfreedom:

Go for the accounting firm. You’ll have a clearer path to get certified, move into the big four audit firms and from there you can relocate abroad to continue your practice.

You can achieve all these in the space of 4-6 years. Speaking from my experience and that of my numerous colleagues.

Forget the bank teller job. The likelihood of you being made redundant by virtue of automation and process improvement initiatives is very high in the next few years.

15 Likes

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by kennethfranc(m): 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2021

50k plus
wink
Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by Boldman10: 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
It all still boils to your choice to either go for a full career or money +

Both are good options; each with its unique benefits and challenges.
SO, the ball is in your court. Make sure you play it well.

My suggestion:
Go for the Career, if you're not too desperate for money NOW
Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by edoairways: 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
Option two is better of in a long run
Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by akpunda86: 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kokadomfreedom:

In 10yrs time as a Teller Attendant u will see u are useless even if paid 200k but in 10yrs working as an auditor in a private firm u will just resign and set up your own consulting Firm that u will thank ur boss for the training.Boy go for the private firm and work with professionals.do u know how much auditors charge us every audited acct
I'm sorry but u must be stupid if u wear suit everyday counting people's Money.Explore your career in private.Get the training first in auditing.
Bye great one

16 Likes

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kokadomfreedom:

Guy,
I suggest you graciously accept the Audit firm offer of =N=50k because that will serve as teeping stone for you and if you are smart on the job especially on Tax issues with any of your clients assigned to you. The sky is your beginning.

1 Like

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by akanbiaa(m): 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by Judithjovial(f): 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2021
Banking jobs, used to be my dream job until I met tech grin

Check out my signature
Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by advanceDNA: 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kokadomfreedom:

Teller: debit and credit??
You want to choose that over having experience in an accounting and audit firm..

Guy.. is like u don’t know what you went to study..

5 Likes

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by Atk1nson(m): 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kokadomfreedom:

No delimma here. An auditing firm gives you way better growth prospect, career and skill-wise

1 Like

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by Daniel7543: 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
Are your family members not tired of losing in life??

Can't you elevate them from poverty by giving them sure odds.
Jonathan10r:
Ok

4 Likes

Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by Prechgold1180(m): 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kokadomfreedom:

Less than 200$
I am also in same field I would advice you go for the teller job if u are interested In that overrated Ican u can apply yourself

50k salary under Buhari regime is nothing
Re: Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm by oviexcels(m): 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
1. The teller job is a contract job
2. What you will be doing there even a O level holder can do for them so no job security
3. Ask them well it's a contract that is usually 2 years with option of renewal, please only embrace such when you have no option.
4. Take the audit job even if it is a contract job
5. The Audit firm will boost your CV.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opportunities In Tourism & Hospitality In Nigeria / Which Skill Should He Go For? / Yusuf Sununu Asks CPN To Prosecute 'Unregistered' IT Professionals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.