Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,652 members, 7,851,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:29 PM

This Is The Reason Why Women Live Longer Than Men - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is The Reason Why Women Live Longer Than Men (440 Views)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? / This Is Why Women Tie Their Husbands With Juju - Chinenye Azubuike / ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The Reason Why Women Live Longer Than Men by shortgun(m): 1:05am On Nov 18, 2021
I've been doing alot of thinking lately why majority of married men die before their spouses. It should really be a matter that deserves to ponder upon. Mens mortality in marriages should be looked at by everyone with all seriousness.

There have been many submissions, theories and opinions why this happens.
I've come to the conclusion that they are all baseless, can not be substantially proven and lies. There is only one plausible explanation or logical conclusion why men die before their wives which I will reveal later in this post.

Some of the unsatisfactory assumptions are listed below:
1.Hardwork[/b]The number one reason people think married men die before their wives is hardwork; they believe men die early due to hardwork and catering for the family's needs, they argue that men die early due to many hours they have to work with no or minimal time to rest.

2.[b]Bad wives
I've heard people say "a man will be digging his grave when he gets married to a bad woman". People contend that bad wives are largely responsible for the premature demise of their husbands.

3.Age Difference Some people think the reason why husbands die before their wives is simply because of the gap in age between them.
Many marriages will most likely have an older man and younger woman, naturally it's expected that an older person will die before a young person.

4.Lack of Care and love Many people especially in the country propose that married men are the least loved member in a family, they are of the opinion that when children starts coming into the union between wives and husbands, the wife shifts all her attention, love and care to the children neglecting the husband.
She will expect the husband to care, love and provide for her and the kids without reciprocating any to the husband.

As the kids grow, they too will shower their mother with affection, praises,care and love without looking in the direction of their father.

.......to be continued
Re: This Is The Reason Why Women Live Longer Than Men by shortgun(m): 1:45am On Nov 18, 2021
Re: This Is The Reason Why Women Live Longer Than Men by olus01(m): 3:48am On Nov 18, 2021
irrespective of your gender and height, who will die young will die young and who will die old will surely do
Re: This Is The Reason Why Women Live Longer Than Men by greenie77: 4:24am On Nov 18, 2021
OP, have you thought out reason more male children are lost to infant mortality than girls?
Re: This Is The Reason Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Vision101(m): 4:42am On Nov 18, 2021
Women are built to absorb more than men. They easily can multitask. They let emotions out easily and this helps them. Men bottle their emotions in and this choke their system.

Women easily seek for advice and this allows them to let out. Men generally assume the all-knowing status and this damages their health.
Re: This Is The Reason Why Women Live Longer Than Men by greenie77: 4:45am On Nov 18, 2021
Vision101:
Women are built to absorb more than men. They easily can multitask. They let emotions out easily and this helps them. Men bottle their emotions in and this choke their system.

Women easily seek for advice and this allows them to let out. Men generally assume the all-knowing status and this damages their health.

Well captured.

It's been a while! cheesy
Re: This Is The Reason Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Vision101(m): 5:09am On Nov 18, 2021
@greenie77

Well captured.

It's been a while!

@me
Yeah.... You know our lives. Too many things at the same time. Miss you but don't know why.
Re: This Is The Reason Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Dailyparrot: 5:42am On Nov 18, 2021
@shortgun

I take it that women live longer than men because of work hazard and lifestyle.

How many men versus women died in the collapsed Ikoyi building? Do you know how many families that have been rendered fatherless compared to motherless in that incident alone?

Still on work hazard, men being the providers sometimes go into dirty deals and dealings that sometimes get them killed by either their partner in crimes or the repercussion of such involvement.

Lifestyle... You see married men drinking, smoking and womanizing without any control. Now, you will count Osifo as men that died before their spouse right? The truth is, many women stop their reckless lifestyle once they get married or at least curtail it to a certain extent. Men increase their womanizing, clubbing and all the social vices after marriage with excuse of forgetting their wife's troubles without a recourse to the risk and health implications.

Home keeper. A family with the man alive is a strong one that will be difficult for outsiders to penetrate and cause havoc. So, when they want to scatter the family, they go for the man and not the woman. A lot of things become possible once the man of the house is eliminated. Wicked uncles and in laws will start coming in to cause division, lay claim to properties and all. In summary, the man is the softest target when enemies want to destroy the family.

In fact, there are many logical reasons men die earlier than their wives. The only one I doubt is a contributing factor is age difference. The women live over 30 years after the death of their husbands while the age difference between them might be just 7 years or 10 years at maximum.
Re: This Is The Reason Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Kobojunkie: 5:44am On Nov 18, 2021
Dailyparrot:
@shortgun

I take it that women live longer than men because of work hazard and lifestyle.

How many men versus women died in the collapsed Ikoyi building? Do you know how many families that have been rendered fatherless compared to motherless in that incident alone?

Still on work hazard, men being the providers sometimes go into dirty deals and dealings that sometimes get them killed by either their partner in crimes or the repercussion of such involvement.

Lifestyle... You see married men drinking, smoking and womanizing without any control. Now, you will count Osifo as men that died before their spouse right? The truth is, many women stop their reckless lifestyle once they get married or at least curtail it to a certain extent. Men increase their womanizing, clubbing and all the social vices after marriage with excuse of forgetting their wife's troubles without a recourse to the risk and health implications.

Home keeper. A family with the man alive is a strong one that will be difficult for outsiders to penetrate and cause havoc. So, when they want to scatter the family, they go for the man and not the woman. A lot of things become possible once the man of the house is eliminated. Wicked uncles and in laws will start coming in to cause division, lay claim to properties and all. In summary, the man is the softest target when enemies want to destroy the family.
All you have listed here are yet more baseless assumptions. It's high times folks start ridding themselves of the untruths in order to adequately tackle this problem. undecided
Re: This Is The Reason Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Dailyparrot: 6:07am On Nov 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
All you have listed here are yet more baseless assumptions. It's high times folks start ridding themselves of the untruths in order to adequately tackle this problem. undecided

A more valid response would have made you sound smarter. I made my points with examples. The least you could do is to counter the points with sound argument not this pointless statement you put up there.

What I listed up there are not some forklore but facts and live incidents that everyone knows.

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Reason Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Kobojunkie: 6:38am On Nov 18, 2021
Dailyparrot:
A more valid response would have made you sound smarter. I made my points with examples. The least you could do is to counter the points with sound argument not this pointless statement you put up there.

What I listed up there are not some forklore but facts and live incidents that everyone knows.
Sound arguments against baseless assumptions? undecided

All you listed are unsubstantiated claims continually thrown around for many decades, this without solid evidence, as reason for the problem. It is 2021, it is time to visit reality. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Giveaway!!! Giveaway!!! Giveaway!!! / Your Online Food Market Place!!! / Trending Video Of Nigerian Couple Who Turn Wedding Reception To A Prayer Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.