Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Wedding Shenanigans - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wedding Shenanigans (400 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wedding Shenanigans by bjennifer: 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
If there was anything other than my wedding day I looked forward to, it was my wedding night. I had dreamt of that night a trillion times, I couldn't wait to live it.

Dreaming of it was the most I could do as Deji and I had decided to wait till our wedding night to consummate our marriage. We were both virgins, so the thought of losing it on my wedding night was exhilarating to me. I was very happy that I was going to be his first and most certainly his last.

During our courtship, apart from our counselling sessions, we hardly broached on the topic of sex. I believed Deji was afraid of erupting any sexual feelings whatsoever so I didn't bother bringing it up either. The fact that we were both chaste was good enough for me and our parents were proud of us!

The day had finally come and I was more than glad. It was my wedding day.

The stress of planning had taken its toll on me that I couldn't wait for it to be over. As the pastor read us our wedding vows, I was disconcerted.

I wished he'd just carry on with it shaperly so we could get to the action part. I was getting tired of all this migmarolling.

I looked over at Deji as he recited his vows. I wondered if he was feeling the same way I was. When it got to my turn to recite the vows, I hurriedly said them, hardly waiting for the pastor to finish each sentence. I smiled as he put the ring on my finger.

We went ahead to fill our registry details along with our witnesses. Then the time came for the first action.

As soon as I heard "I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may......" My heart started to pump blood faster to my entire system. It was going to be our first kiss.

Oh how I have dreamt of this moment as I had mostly seen in movies where the bride is swept off her feet by the groom as they're both transfixed in another realm and time.....Snap! Come back to reality babe.

Now it was my turn

I watched as Deji gently uncovered the veil I had on, taking his time to pull it backwards.

Why all this time wasting I thought, I thought he would be as furious as I was and go for it. Then all of a sudden, I saw him step back..... then the trickling sounds of laughter from the guests followed.

He was not only shy, I could see he was nervous.

At this point I wouldn't have minded taking the bull by the horn and going for the kiss but looking over at the guests and my parents and more so my in-laws I became scared of what they may think of me. So I patiently waited for Deji to make the move as I stood there like a lamb smiling at what I didn't find funny.

Then he came closer, and in an instant, if I wasn't mistaken, a nano second, placed a quick Peck on my lips and moved away immediately as if I was going to explode if he stayed any second longer.

At that moment, the roaring applause of the guests came flooding through my ear drums as the pastor announced us as husband and wife. Deji waved happily to the crowd as I stood there feeling like I had just been tortured.

Head on to Okada books to read Wedding Shenanigans.

(1) (Reply)

My Mother's Son / Copywriter/content Writer / Flash Fiction: Shadow Of A Ninja III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.