Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? (616 Views)

High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause / 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind / Help!!! Coronavirus Or Anxiety Killing Me!?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? by MicrosoftExcel: 8:19am On Nov 20, 2021
cry
Good morning n'landers particular doctors in the house.

I don't even know the right section to post this cause it looks more of Witchcraft to me cry

I will just head straight to the point.

I have this passion for joining the military, but the issue I am having is High Blood Pressure which usually occurred whenever it is about to be checked during the medical screening. And this year made it the third time it's happening to me.

If I check it elsewhere, places like normal clinic or chemist, it will be normal 120/70mmHg but when it comes to the real business, I mean at the screening center, my heart will be beating faster and it will causes the blood pressure to be elevated. Something like 150/90mmHg and above.

The last one that happened really pissed me off! I even took a drug named nifedipine - 20mg and backed it up with garlic but immediately it's my turn to be checked, my heart started beating faster and uncontrollable, I was asked to go and relax and come back but yet, this problem still persist.

But immediately I left the medical screening venue, I was calmed.

2 days after this, those of us with BP issues were given grace to a recheck, but immediately it was about to get to my turn, I got tensed again.

And it led to my eviction cry

A day after, I went to a nearby chemist to check, to my surprise, it was just 110/70mmHg.

Pls how can I rectify this? Any remedy?

I know some will say; joining the military is not my way, but pls just help me. I need to know what the problem is.

Thanks.
Re: Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? by TundeWX: 8:21am On Nov 20, 2021
sad
Trust me,its normal for everyone that attends screening, checkout the Nigerian army SSC/DSSC Thread here,read the whole pages(over 900),you'll realise ur not alone...its just anxiety.
Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? by Davash222(m): 8:21am On Nov 20, 2021
Your Guardian angel is trying to save you from impending disaster but seems your village people are bent on destroying you.

Why do you want to dig your grave by trying to join Nigeria military?

2 Likes

Re: Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? by MicrosoftExcel: 8:22am On Nov 20, 2021
TundeWX:
sad
Any remedy pls?
Re: Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? by MicrosoftExcel: 8:26am On Nov 20, 2021
TundeWX:
sad
Trust me,its normal for everyone that attends screening, checkout the Nigerian army SSC/DSSC Thread here,read the whole pages(over 900),you'll realise ur not alone...its just anxiety.
Cheers!!

What's the actual cause? Anxiety? Tension? And how can it be controlled?

Please help me with the link to the thread. Many thanks boss.
Re: Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? by TundeWX: 8:32am On Nov 20, 2021
MicrosoftExcel:

What's the actual cause? Anxiety? Tension? And how can it be controlled?

Please help me with the link to the thread. Many thanks boss.

https://www.nairaland.com/2879148/nigerian-army-ssc-dssc-2016

When u read it you'll realise ur case is same with hundreds of people..BP is the highest factor in withdrawing applicants during the screening.
The tension in the atmosphere causes the anxiety,avoid BP drugs...just approach the issue with a lackadaisical mindset,you'll be calm

1 Like

Re: Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? by Baawaa(m): 8:35am On Nov 20, 2021
Relax your mind,free my mind and relieve yourself from tension

1 Like

Re: Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 20, 2021
It is anxiety. You will need to master mind control and ability to "relax" under stressed conditions/situations. Or you might be having white coat syndrome.That bp shit dropped a lot of guys during the DSSC medical screening I partook many yrs back. angry. My BP reading was absolutely normal but the na man know man syndrome removed me. angry

Tips
: Try to rest well a day to the medicals
: Drink a considerable amount of water
:Take deep breaths from the diaphragm and not chest region during the blood pressure check.
: Practice mind control.
:

These tips are for those that have very normal blood pressure at rest mode <120mmhg/<80mmhg

1 Like

Re: Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? by hybrid11(m): 9:01am On Nov 20, 2021
Anxiety
You need to learn how to relax under pressure

Me too I'm still fighting anxiety like every secs of the day

2 Likes

Re: Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? by WibusJaga: 10:38am On Nov 20, 2021

Caused by Anxiety, Worries, Tension, Fear...
Learn to relax you mind before such tests eg thru listening to music, singing, watch comedy, meditation or any other thing that can relax your mind & not allow your mind to focus on the test.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? by MicrosoftExcel: 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
I really appreciate you sir
Ninejaywon:
It is anxiety. You will need to master mind control and ability to "relax" under stressed conditions/situations. Or you might be having white coat syndrome.That bp shit dropped a lot of guys during the DSSC medical screening I partook many yrs back. angry. My BP reading was absolutely normal but the na man know man syndrome removed me. angry

Tips
: Try to rest well a day to the medicals
: Drink a considerable amount of water
:Take deep breaths from the diaphragm and not chest region during the blood pressure check.
: Practice mind control.
:

These tips are for those that have very normal blood pressure at rest mode <120mmhg/<80mmhg
Re: Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? by MicrosoftExcel: 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
WibusJaga:

Caused by Anxiety, Worries, Tension, Fear...
Learn to relax you mind before such tests eg thru listening to music, singing, watch comedy, meditation or any other thing that can relax your mind & not allow your mind to focus on the test.

Very much appreciated sir

1 Like

Re: Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? by MicrosoftExcel: 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
hybrid11:
Anxiety
You need to learn how to relax under pressure

Me too I'm still fighting anxiety like every secs of the day

Many thanks sir
Re: Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? by MicrosoftExcel: 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2022
TundeWX:

https://www.nairaland.com/2879148/nigerian-army-ssc-dssc-2016

When u read it you'll realise ur case is same with hundreds of people..BP is the highest factor in withdrawing applicants during the screening.
The tension in the atmosphere causes the anxiety,avoid BP drugs...just approach the issue with a lackadaisical mindset,you'll be calm

It worked this time boss!

I channeled my thinking on something else, happy moment and about b##bs grin

I was surprised I made 120/65 at first
And the second was 110/60

But without God, it wouldn't have been possible.. thank you Jesus

1 Like

Re: Help! Is This Just High BP Or Anxiety Or Witchcraft? by MicrosoftExcel: 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
Baawaa:
Relax your mind,free my mind and relieve yourself from tension

Thanks boss, by God's grace, I scaled through this time

(1) (Reply)

Types, Prices And Suppliers Of Raised Toilet Seats In Nigeria / If Your Left Breast Is Bigger Than The First One, This Is What It Means / Help I Feel I've Been Cheated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.