Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,638 members, 7,847,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:58 PM

Persecuted By Christians - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Persecuted By Christians (786 Views)

Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal / Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians / Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Persecuted By Christians by Hashabiah: 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

At this point I have to apologise to myself for even engaging you in the first place cos I thought you had sense.
From your very first post, you exposed your low IQ. And since then you've contributed absolutely nothing intelligent to this thread.

If I could block you on NL, you know we clearly wont even be having any other exchange after your second unintelligent post
I love this bolded statement. It shows me that you admit that you're limited in stupidity grin
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
I love this bolded statement. It show me that you admit that you're limited in stupidity grin

Apparently you failed comprehension in sec sch otherwise you will understand I was referring to your stupidity.
Only a dimwit can even misinterprete that.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Hashabiah: 4:14pm On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

Apparently you failed comprehension in sec sch otherwise you will understand I was referring to your stupidity.
Only a dimwit can even make this misinterprete that.
A dunce like you doesn't even understand that "could " is the imperative form of seeking permission or consent regarding a thing. Which is why I said your stupidity is limited...but I take that back. You, my friend are the infinite definition of stupiditygrin
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
A dunce like you doesn't even understand that "could " is the imperative form of seeking permission or consent regarding a thing. Which is why I said your stupidity is limited...but I take that back. You, my friend are the infinite definition of stupiditygrin

Don't lie, you got f9 parallel. Definitely an f9 in English.
There's nothing wrong in the usage of can as I used it. Cos my expression was referring to your continuous state as a stupid dimwit. I was not referring to your past state since you're still stupid and a dimwit.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Hashabiah: 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

Don't lie, you got f9 parallel. Definitely an f9 in English.
There's nothing wrong in the usage of can as I used it. Cos my expression was referring to your continuous state as a stupid dimwit. I was not referring to your past state since you're still stupid and a dimwit.
Just runoff with your stupidty and let my mentions rest biko grin
Re: Persecuted By Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

Pray tell, what is persecution?

A program or campaign to subjugate or eliminate a specific group of people, often based on race, religion, sexuality, or social beliefs.
Above is the Oxford dictionary's definition of PERSECUTION!
So persecution is real only when it's against a specific group of people, race, religion, sexuality or social beliefs.

Please to which of the above do you belong to prove that your group, race, religion, sexuality is persecuted in the society as evidence of your persecution? undecided

For your information, an insane, a drunkard, a lesbian or gay can also say he/she is being persecuted due to his/her way but it's when you belong to a group that you can truly be persecuted along with others who belong to that race or religion.

That's why i said "you don't know the meaning of PERSECUTION! undecided
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 4:49pm On Nov 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

A program or campaign to subjugate or eliminate a specific group of people, often based on race, religion, sexuality, or social beliefs.
Above is the Oxford dictionary's definition of PERSECUTION!
So persecution is real only when it's against a specific group of people, race, religion, sexuality or social beliefs.

Please to which of the above do you belong to prove that your group, race, religion, sexuality is persecuted in the society as evidence of your persecution? undecided

For your information, an insane, a drunkard, a lesbian or gay can also say he/she is being persecuted due to his/her way but it's when you belong to a group that you can truly be persecuted along with others who belong to that race or religion.

That's why i said "you don't know the meaning of PERSECUTION! undecided

By your definition, we agree.

Muslims are being persecuted just as Christans are being persecuted depending on which is the minority.

Gays are being persecuted just as Heterosexuals are being persecuted depending on which is minority.

Religious people are being persecuted just as irreligious people and atheists are being persecuted.z

On that premise, we can deduce that Christianity being the most dominant religion in Nigeria has created a situation where Christians have become the persecutors.

JW members are likewise being persecuted in any environment they are because they don't identify with other Christians.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

By your definition, we agree.

Muslims are being persecuted just as Christans are being persecuted depending on which is the minority.

Gays are being persecuted just as Heterosexuals are being persecuted depending on which is minority.

Religious people are being persecuted just as irreligious people and atheists are being persecuted.z

On that premise, we can deduce that Christianity being the most dominant religion in Nigeria has created a situation whete Christians have become the persecutors.

JW members are likewise being persecuted in any environment they are because they don't identify with other Christians.

That's what i'm saying!
If you're not identified with a specific group then on what ground do you say you're persecuted?

Meanwhile persecution totally differs from merely speaking about what the supernatural will do because anyone can say that and it's until God comes before that can be done.
But persecution is outright mistreatment of a group for not sharing the general beliefs or thoughts in the society.
For instance, the first century followers of Christ were severely persecuted because they maintained that only members of their group will be saved in the day of judgment just as their leader said:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

The highlighted in red is what Jesus' disciples were saying (not that they were mistreating anyone) so based on your opinion it's the Christians that were persecuting other people for sticking to the words of their leader but what do you have to say about those KILLING the Christians for maintaining what their leader said? undecided
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 6:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

That's what i'm saying!
If you're not identified with a specific group then on what ground do you say you're persecuted? undecided

This thread is not about me.
You don't have to identify with a group. As far as Christians are concerned if you're not a Christian then you belong to the "group" of unbelievers.

But to cacuminate the point of this thread is that even Christians are the ones persecuting non-Christians today esp in most parts of Nigeria.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

This thread is not about me.
You don't have to identify with a group. Ss far as Christian's are concerned if you're not a Christian them you belong to the "group" of unbelievers.

But to cacuminate the point of this thread is that even Christians are the ones persecuting non-Christians today esp in most parts of Nigeria.

So by airing their beliefs they're persecuting their audience shey?
You still don't know the meaning of that word PERSECUTION! smiley

Noah must be the persecutor for telling his contemporaries that God will destroy everyone who refused to enter the Ark he (Noah) built.

Moses must be the persecutor for telling Pharaoh and his people that God will deal with them if they don't free Israelites (their slaves)

Israelites must be the persecutors for telling the inhabitants of Canaan to vacate the land because God wants to use the place.

Elijah must be the persecutor for telling Israel that rain will not fall for three years due to their idolatry.

Jesus must be the persecutor for telling his audience that anyone who fails to accept his teachings will not inherit everlasting life.

Come on my friend, you don't know the meaning of PERSECUTION! smiley
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So by airing their beliefs they're persecuting their audience shey?
You still don't know the meaning of that word PERSECUTION! smiley

Noah must be the persecutor for telling his contemporaries that God will destroy everyone who refused to enter the Ark he (Noah) built.

Moses must be the persecutor for telling Pharaoh and his people that God will deal with them if they don't free Israelites (their slaves)

Israelites must be the persecutors for telling the inhabitants of Canaan to vacate the land because God wants to use the place.

Elijah must be the persecutor for telling Israel that rain will not fall for three years due to their idolatry.

Jesus must be the persecutor for telling his audience that anyone who fails to accept his teachings will not inherit everlasting life.

Come on my friend, you don't know the meaning of PERSECUTION! smiley

Preaching your religion is not persecution.
Victimizing those who fail to accept your religion is persecution.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by orisa37: 6:50pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hey Bro, you get it all wrong. This is Criticism not persecution.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2021
orisa37:
Hey Bro, you get it all wrong. This is Criticism not persecution.

Criticism is the first step to persecution.
I'm simply letting you know that Christians this days have gone beyond criticism hence why a Catholic cannot marry a Pentecostal.
Hence why a Pentecostal cannot marry a Muslim.
Hence why a Christian coy might some times frustrate the Muslim out of their midst through various means.

Hence why you see atheists and Muslims as your enemies even on NL.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:57pm On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

Preaching your religion is not persecution.
Victimizing those who fail to accept your religion is persecution.

Victimizing in what sense?
Sat Guru Maharaji claimed he is the perfect living master so all those who refuse to accept him as Jesus' contemporaries accepted him, as Muhammad's contemporaries accepted him, God will punish them in the day of judgment.

Do you call that victimization of those who ignore him? smiley
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Victimizing in what sense?
Sat Guru Maharaji claimed he is the perfect living master so all those who refuse to accept him as Jesus' contemporaries accepted him, as Muhammad's contemporaries accepted him, God will punish them in the day of judgment.

Do you call that victimization of those who ignore him? smiley

Does he attack or harass those who dont accept him as Jesus and Mohammed contemporary?

Guru mahataji cannot be a persecutor simply because his teachings and religion are not a majority in Nigeria.

A persecutor usually has the benefit of being the majority.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2021
Myer:

I intentionally ignore your mentions cos I've realised your intention is at variance with mine.
Your intention is to argue pointlessly.
My intention is to engage in intelligent arguments that produce results and enlightenment.

At such we will be at disservice to each other.
So pls like Johny Walker, just keep on walking out of my mentions.

CHANGE OF POST!

IF YOU HAD A VALID CASE AND OBJECTION TO MAKE, YOU WOULD HAVE PRESENTED IT!

SO GO BACK AND ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE ALL THE FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU COME MAKING YOUR POSTS.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 8:32am On Nov 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

CHANGE OF POST!

IF YOU HAD A VALID CASE AND OBJECTION TO MAKE, YOU WOULD HAVE PRESENTED IT!

SO GO BACK AND ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE ALL THE FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU COME MAKING YOUR POSTS.

Point to anything I mentioned here that's not a fact.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 8:35am On Nov 21, 2021
Myer:

Point to anything I mentioned here that's not a fact.

I have already addressed what I addressed AND YOU HAVE ALREADY ANSWERED, HOW YOU CHOSE TO ANSWER, SO IT IS SETTLED AND I HAVE MOVED ON.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:47am On Nov 21, 2021
Myer:

Does he attack or harass those who dont accept him as Jesus and Mohammed contemporary?
Guru mahataji cannot be a persecutor simply because his teachings and religion are not a majority in Nigeria.
A persecutor usually has the benefit of being the majority.

Declaring your view is not persecution, to persecute simply means mistreatment and when you're airing your view without facing any specific person or group that can't be taken as persecution but mentioning the name of a group that you want to be treated as infidels is persecution! smiley
Re: Persecuted By Christians by Myer(m): 10:18am On Nov 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Declaring your view is not persecution, to persecute simply means mistreatment and when you're airing your view without facing any specific person or group that can't be taken as persecution but mentioning the name of a group that you want to be treated as infidels is persecution! smiley

Declaring your view by harassing others is persecution.
Persecution is not limited to killing.
That you heard the word persecution from the bible does not mean only Christian's are victims of persecution.

This post is to educate you that today esp in Nigeria where Christianity is now dominant, Christian's have become the persecutors.

You a JW member should know this better. You're always victimized and persecuted by other Christian's simoky for not participating in their prayers or other church activities in an office environment.
Re: Persecuted By Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:07am On Nov 21, 2021
Myer:

Declaring your view by harassing others is persecution.
Persecution is not limited to killing.
That you heard the word persecution from the bible does not mean only Christian's are victims of persecution. This post is to educate you that today esp in Nigeria where Christianity is now dominant, Christian's have become the persecutors. You a JW member should know this better. You're always victimized and persecuted by other Christian's simoky for not participating in their prayers or other church activities in an office environment.

The misconception you're trying to establish is equating airing of views with persecution!

If one million people are saying "you will be roasted alive in Hellfire for rejecting our message" to five people but the five are also free to air their views you can't equate such with persecution.
The point of emphasis in what they're saying that nullifies the persecution idea is "YOU WILL" not "WE ARE" so the listener is rest assured that it's not those speaking that's going to bring about the torment rather it's their God who is not our own God so they're just rambling. But in a situation where ACTIONS are taken to hinder those who don't accept their message from doing their normal businesses is persecution.
For instance most men keep saying "i like Omotola Jalade" but how many have taken the step to meet her and express it to her?
The same thing is when you say you hate some people for their beliefs but never take any step against them, it's wrong to equate that to PERSECUTION! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor W.f Kumuyi Blast Mummy Go / Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest / Why Does The Bible Contradict Itself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.