Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:27 AM

Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! (594 Views)

Phone Thieves Caught In Port Harcourt, Beaten To Pulp / Suspected Phone Thieves Stab Final Year ATBU Student To Death In Bauchi / Two Suspected Phone Thieves Beaten To Pulp In Jos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! by XpMan: 6:43am On Nov 21, 2021
Last night, I came to Enugu from Onitsha and arrived at exactly 7:45 PM.
I came through a public transport and as I was coming down from the bus, and because I was the last person that came down, a guy acted as he wanted to pass and tried picking my phone. I caught him and warned him not to try such on me again.

He left, probably because he wanted to know if I was with anybody. He came seconds later and gave me a hard punch in the nose. I dropped the bags I was carrying and started fighting back.

During the fight, I figured some people who came in an attempt to separate us, while I was busy exchanging punches with him, were trying to pick my phone from my pocket.
I had to use one had for the fight while using the other to protect my phone.

This gave the guy an advantage which made it appear as if he was beating me.

Some people later came and separated us and asked what was the cause of the fight. I told them but the guy had left.

Someone among the crowd that gathered warned me that I have to leave as fast as possible, that the guy has gone to call his gang on me.
I heeded to the advice but unfortunately, there was no available bus or Keke going to my destination. The number of passengers waiting at the bus stop were much and any bus that came by were rushed and filled by those that were fast enough. I had two bags with me and so couldn't join a bus so quick.

Minutes later, the thief came with more six other and they started beating me while some of them trying to put there hands in my pocket.
I caught the very him by the collar and started shouting that he's a thief who wants to take my phone. Nobody did anything. The onlookers did nothing but Just kept looking at us.
I managed to give my phone to a passenger in an already filled bus that was about taking off to keep for me while continuing to hold and fight the thief.

When the thief noticed people are becoming aware of what was happening, because I wanted people to know he's a thief and that it wasn't just a fight, and because I couldn't let him go, he bite me on my left hand with which I was holding and fighting him. I had to let him go, took my bags and left.

To prevent further assault, because I didn't know what might be their next line of action, I had to move away from that spot and chartered a Keke to take me to my destination through another route.

Please, if you're coming to Enugu, or you're walking along that Holy Ghost axis, be warned and always try to keep your phones in a bag you're carrying if you have one.

It could have been worse but God saved me. They took nothing from me.
What made it worse was that while I was busy shouting they're thieves, people did nothing but looked cause they probably thought it was a fight.
Re: Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! by Ethannathan(m): 6:48am On Nov 21, 2021
O
Re: Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! by Odetokun3(m): 6:48am On Nov 21, 2021
Nigerians and I don't care attitude

3 Likes

Re: Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! by overdrive(m): 6:59am On Nov 21, 2021
Hope you later got your phone? You self na proper street boy for you to have fought them off.

2 Likes

Re: Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! by michlins(m): 7:03am On Nov 21, 2021
Holy Ghost roundabout Enugu,upper iweka Onitsha, these places are den of thieves and armed robbers

1 Like

Re: Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! by sweetonugbu: 7:22am On Nov 21, 2021
Garki is the worst
Re: Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! by Boogyman557: 7:40am On Nov 21, 2021
Holly Gram cool real Holly Ghost. WTF MAN
Re: Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! by dettolgel: 9:09am On Nov 21, 2021
Sorry bro it seems you are visiting?

If he was aware that you are not visiting and could control "ndi ogbe gi" he wouldn't have come back.

Next time immediately such happens text or call you people to inform them and start shouting thief thief thief.

During my young days I hardly stop there after 6pm. If I must would rather stop somewhere around texaco near entraco catch a bus to gtc/imt from there I can always catch a bus to New heaven or Ogui or Garriki though longer route to Garriki but safer than stopping late at night in front of Holy Ghost.
Re: Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! by headbasher96(m): 9:21am On Nov 21, 2021
When u were hinted that he was coming with his gang u did noy charter keke u stood and waited for them
Re: Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! by checkoutEnugu: 10:08am On Nov 21, 2021
It's obvious that you were profiled by the gang. Enugu is a peaceful state and even Holyghost is not as bad as you have portrayed. There are lots of parks there and prison is close by so I doubt if you are actually telling us the 100 percent truth as the thief is not here to defend himself.
It seems you are a stubborn and hysteric person . This is a clear case of misjudgment. The guy may gave been wrongly accused . He may be a park worker(agboro) who felt insulted by u and called his people to protect him from you. As u wanted to have him burnt to death for nothing. Please ge did t steal ur phone, ge may not have even intended to and u call him thief. Guy pls u r a stubborn person. Very stubborn. You are lucky they were not real thieves that's why nobody saved you... Holy ghost roundabout is safe atleast by 7.45 is not dark. It's still very bubbling and peace park is just in front there. Chai. Bros stop hiding the entire truth

1 Like

Re: Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! by XpMan: 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2021
checkoutEnugu:
It's obvious that you were profiled by the gang. Enugu is a peaceful state and even Holyghost is not as bad as you have portrayed. There are lots of parks there and prison is close by so I doubt if you are actually telling us the 100 percent truth as the thief is not here to defend himself.
It seems you are a stubborn and hysteric person . This is a clear case of misjudgment. The guy may gave been wrongly accused . He may be a park worker(agboro) who felt insulted by u and called his people to protect him from you. As u wanted to have him burnt to death for nothing. Please ge did t steal ur phone, ge may not have even intended to and u call him thief. Guy pls u r a stubborn person. Very stubborn. You are lucky they were not real thieves that's why nobody saved you... Holy ghost roundabout is safe atleast by 7.45 is not dark. It's still very bubbling and peace park is just in front there. Chai. Bros stop hiding the entire truth

You're free to believe whatever you want until it happens to you. Until then,
Judge as you deem fit.
Re: Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! by mediainc: 12:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
This can not happen in Lagos, it's dangerous when robbers get so confident...in Lagos, you can be lynched for pick pocketing.
Re: Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! by XpMan: 12:34pm On Nov 21, 2021
headbasher96:
When u were hinted that he was coming with his gang u did noy charter keke u stood and waited for them

You forgot I said there were not available Keke or bus.

I had to take another longer route where Keke was available to avoid another assault.
Re: Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! by XpMan: 12:37pm On Nov 21, 2021
overdrive:
Hope you later got your phone? You self na proper street boy for you to have fought them off.

Yes, I got the phone.

One struggled to get it off my hand in the guise of trying to make peace while we were fighting but I held firm to it and instead gave it to the passenger on the bus I mentioned.

I got it later from the passenger with my money intact

1 Like

Re: Phone Thieves In Holy Ghost Roundabout, Enugu. Be Warned! by Martini101(m): 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
XpMan:
Last night, I came to Enugu from Onitsha and arrived at exactly 7:45 PM.
I came through a public transport and as I was coming down from the bus, and because I was the last person that came down, a guy acted as he wanted to pass and tried picking my phone. I caught him and warned him not to try such on me again.

He left, probably because he wanted to know if I was with anybody. He came seconds later and gave me a hard punch in the nose. I dropped the bags I was carrying and started fighting back.

During the fight, I figured some people who came in an attempt to separate us, while I was busy exchanging punches with him, were trying to pick my phone from my pocket.
I had to use one had for the fight while using the other to protect my phone.

This gave the guy an advantage which made it appear as if he was beating me.

Some people later came and separated us and asked what was the cause of the fight. I told them but the guy had left.

Someone among the crowd that gathered warned me that I have to leave as fast as possible, that the guy has gone to call his gang on me.
I heeded to the advice but unfortunately, there was no available bus or Keke going to my destination. The number of passengers waiting at the bus stop were much and any bus that came by were rushed and filled by those that were fast enough. I had two bags with me and so couldn't join a bus so quick.

Minutes later, the thief came with more six other and they started beating me while some of them trying to put there hands in my pocket.
I caught the very him by the collar and started shouting that he's a thief who wants to take my phone. Nobody did anything. The onlookers did nothing but Just kept looking at us.
I managed to give my phone to a passenger in an already filled bus that was about taking off to keep for me while continuing to hold and fight the thief.

When the thief noticed people are becoming aware of what was happening, because I wanted people to know he's a thief and that it wasn't just a fight, and because I couldn't let him go, he bite me on my left hand with which I was holding and fighting him. I had to let him go, took my bags and left.

To prevent further assault, because I didn't know what might be their next line of action, I had to move away from that spot and chartered a Keke to take me to my destination through another route.

Please, if you're coming to Enugu, or you're walking along that Holy Ghost axis, be warned and always try to keep your phones in a bag you're carrying if you have one.

It could have been worse but God saved me. They took nothing from me.
What made it worse was that while I was busy shouting they're thieves, people did nothing but looked cause they probably thought it was a fight.

There are criminals in every park in Nigeria. For these ones to be this bold with you, something did not add up.

(1) (Reply)

Wonders Shall Never End � Yahoo Boy Run Mad After Using His Mom For Rituals � / We Need To Gist. Why Are U Not Married? / Voice Note That Ends Debora’s Life In Shehu Shagari College, Sokoto (listen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.