Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) (32471 Views)

SARS Official, Charles Omotosho Sacked Over N5,000 Extortion (Photos) / Conductor Strips Unclad To Fight A Passenger Over N50 In Edo State. / Police Dismiss 4 Officers Over N200k Extortion (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Sigggy: 7:57am On Nov 21, 2021
Abia Poly Graduate Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos)

A Graduate of Abia State Polytechnic, Abia State named Ugochukwu Chinyere has reportedly been killed by Police officers attached to the Aba Area Command of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) over their failure to receive N50 bribe from a motorcyclist, Siggy reports.

Ugochukwu, an indigene of Umuekwensu community in Ohuru Isimiri, Obingnwa local government area of the state is an orphan who was sponsored by his poor extended family to go to the polytechnic and become successful in life.

Ugochukwu was allegedly shot by one Yahaya led team of police officers who were at a checkpoint in front of popular Metrological complex on Obikabia-Umukalika road in Obingwa LGA.

The motorcyclist whose name was yet-to-be ascertained was shot on the leg by one of the police officers attached to the Azuka police station in Aba North LGA and is currently receiving treatment at the hospital.

Mr. Christopher Nduagu, an eyewitness to the Ohuru Isimiri shooting, while narrating the incident said, “Ugochukwu Chinyere was a passenger in a motorcycle going to Obikabia junction.

“One of the policemen at Umukalika police checkpoint stopped them to demand their usual N50, but the bike man told him that he doesn’t have the money. They had a heated argument, leading to intervention by late Chinyere.

“The police officer, who had warned Chinyere not to come close to him, fired him. He was rushed to a private hospital where he was pronounced dead".

Another eyewitness who gave his name to Siggy as Linus Alanna, narrating the Azuka Police Station shooting said that they were going to the hospital off Ikot Ekpene Expressway to visit their brother who was shot by the Ohuru Isimiri Police team when a police officer serving in the Azuka Police Station fired and injured the knee of their kinsman.

“We were going to Dominion Hospital where the injured person was receiving medical attention when police officers and the Divisional Police Officers (DPO) from the Azuka police station accosted us.”

Investigation by our correspondent has it that the second victim is receiving treatment at a private orthopedic hospital along Okigwe road in Aba North LGA.

When our correspondent visited the scene of Obikabia-Umukalika incident in Obingwa LGA, there was no presence of any police team at their usual spot in front of the Aba Metrological complex, Umukalika.
Advertisement

The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, SP Geoffrey Ogbonna didn’t take his calls when contacted.

Ogbonna is yet to reply text message sent to his mobile phone number by our correspondent at the time of filing the report.

A police source, who condemned the shooting of the innocent citizens, however claimed that the Azuka incident happened after the police got intelligence that the youths were coming to attack the Azuka Police Station.

https:///abia-poly-graduate-shot-dead-by-police-over-n50-extortion-photos/

6 Likes

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Sigggy: 7:58am On Nov 21, 2021
The earlier we acknowledged that the Nigeria Police is not our friend the better for us all... Funny thing is all these officers were once civilians and they have civilian family members angry. May God continue to help us in this country.

[color=#990000][/color] keeps delivering recent campus gists since 1826

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by yinkus6750(m): 8:08am On Nov 21, 2021
Thought all this would have stopped with the endsars protest.
But we still have killings of innocent souls.
See a prime youth, cut off just like that.
No serious reform has taken place within the force.
I hope the perpetrators have been arrested and would face prosecution.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by yuping(m): 8:08am On Nov 21, 2021
They will surely leave their trade mark behind (killing, blood, shots) and disappear. But we as Nigerian we know dey try help each other.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Bola146(f): 8:12am On Nov 21, 2021
The policeman want to see his own children grow peacefully? He is already cursed. One person will kill his own kids too, karma is a bitch!

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Prayfortheworld: 8:16am On Nov 21, 2021
I've said this and will say it again Afghanistan is safer than Nigeria

RIP to the dead
Long Life to the living
I hope the family gets justice

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by athaboi(f): 8:26am On Nov 21, 2021
Police again?
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by lkillbrokehoes: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2021
Too bad
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by cassidy1996(m): 8:54am On Nov 21, 2021
Rip
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by fidelmarshal199: 10:50am On Nov 21, 2021
Policemen are not your friend. know this and live long

5 Likes

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Blake755: 11:03am On Nov 21, 2021
Too sad
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by samuel051: 11:37am On Nov 21, 2021
Holy gram
Police again, another endsars loading soon
Wtf man..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Phcmayor(m): 11:49am On Nov 21, 2021
Why is all these hausa fulani police like this his name is yahaya an hausa fulani man killing and innocent igbo boy

11 Likes

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by InvestorRicky(m): 12:32pm On Nov 21, 2021
I'm just tired of commenting on issues of this kind. I remember sometime in November 2013 when my lovely dad was murdered,one of the policemen told me to avenge my late father myself if I'm against the NPF extorting my family unnecessarily. Most times, I feel like arming myself so we can all do the killings & shootings together. Alot of bad guys carrying gun are avenging their love ones.

The Nigerian forces & politicians are our greatest enemies!

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Pafage: 12:39pm On Nov 21, 2021
This kind of story gives me depression

4 Likes

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by SiggyNG: 1:50pm On Nov 21, 2021
InvestorRicky:
I'm just tired of commenting on issues of this kind. I remember sometime in November 2013 when my lovely dad was murdered,one of the policemen told me to avenge my late father myself if I'm against the NPF extorting my family unnecessarily. Most times, I feel like arming myself so we can all do the killings & shootings together. Alot of bad guys carrying gun are avenging their love ones.

The Nigerian forces & politicians are our greatest enemies!

May his soul continue to rest in peace bro!

8 Likes

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by tillaman(m): 4:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
To what end??
How long are we going to keep doing this to ourselves, imagine the fvckin Officer just wasted a life he can’t give, now if the youth starts rioting and destroying police stations they’ll deploy soldiers to calm the situation

I hope the officers responsible meets with the same fate!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by flexlatifa: 4:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
Una hear the FULANI POLICE MAN NAME (YAHAYA)

I SAID IT IN THE LAST TOPIC :::: NOTHING GOOD COMES OUT FROM NORTH NIGERIA.

6 Likes

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by dokyOloye: 4:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
As usual,na Yahaya shoot am.
If e no be yahaya,e go be Mohammed or Usman or Abdullahi

10 Likes

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by ILoveDemMANNA: 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
This is the kinda policeman that gives the force a bad name.
Abia State government should deal with him before the NPF takes over.

dokyOloye:
As usual,na Yahaya shoot am.
If e no be yahaya,e go be Mohammed or Usman or Abdullahi
Phcmayor:
Why is all these hausa fulani police like this his name is yahaya an hausa fulani man killing and innocent igbo boy
Both of you should keep shut if you have nothing sensible to say on this very sad news.
Stop bringing your tribalistic lifestyle on every news on Nairaland.
That is why your wicked politicians will keep using your heads against one another.
If you see a crime, condemn it outrightly and stop looking at the tribe before you can make a comment .
With youths like you, I wonder what the future holds for Nigeria.
I guess both of you have never heard any yoruba police man killed someone before or James Nwafor that killed over 100 Anambra youths is from the north also?
Shameless tribalistic people.
No be una fault sha, na Nairaland dey allow una.
Annoying species.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Cdng86: 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
Police our enemy.

Hello, I create professional ANIMATIONS to advertise your products, services, business etc..... Send a message on whatsapp for samples via 0 9 0 6 4 4 5 8 1 0 9
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by NLPoliceWoman: 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
The police that gives us a bad name.
He should face the consequences of his actions.
I wish I know him at the command.
I wish he is based in Lagos.
He would have been dealt with adequately.
No time for nonsense or abating of crime.
He is on his on.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by ILoveDemMANNA: 4:06pm On Nov 21, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:
The police that gives us a bad name.
He should face the consequences of his actions.
I wish I know him at the command.
He would have been dealt with adequately.
No time for nonsense or abating of crime.
I thought you are only a police woman on Nairaland o.
Tuale Madam.
Shuuunnn ma.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Harrynight(m): 4:07pm On Nov 21, 2021
shocked

It's obvious we can't just END police brutality and killing
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Yakson5(m): 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2021
Sigggy:
Abia Poly Graduate Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos)

A Graduate of Abia State Polytechnic, Abia State named Ugochukwu Chinyere has reportedly been killed by Police officers attached to the Aba Area Command of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) over their failure to receive N50 bribe from a motorcyclist, Siggy reports. Rest in peace gentle man

Ugochukwu, an indigene of Umuekwensu community in Ohuru Isimiri, Obingnwa local government area of the state is an orphan who was sponsored by his poor extended family to go to the polytechnic and become successful in life.

Ugochukwu was allegedly shot by one Yahaya led team of police officers who were at a checkpoint in front of popular Metrological complex on Obikabia-Umukalika road in Obingwa LGA.

The motorcyclist whose name was yet-to-be ascertained was shot on the leg by one of the police officers attached to the Azuka police station in Aba North LGA and is currently receiving treatment at the hospital.

Mr. Christopher Nduagu, an eyewitness to the Ohuru Isimiri shooting, while narrating the incident said, “Ugochukwu Chinyere was a passenger in a motorcycle going to Obikabia junction.

“One of the policemen at Umukalika police checkpoint stopped them to demand their usual N50, but the bike man told him that he doesn’t have the money. They had a heated argument, leading to intervention by late Chinyere.

“The police officer, who had warned Chinyere not to come close to him, fired him. He was rushed to a private hospital where he was pronounced dead".

Another eyewitness who gave his name to Siggy as Linus Alanna, narrating the Azuka Police Station shooting said that they were going to the hospital off Ikot Ekpene Expressway to visit their brother who was shot by the Ohuru Isimiri Police team when a police officer serving in the Azuka Police Station fired and injured the knee of their kinsman.

“We were going to Dominion Hospital where the injured person was receiving medical attention when police officers and the Divisional Police Officers (DPO) from the Azuka police station accosted us.”

Investigation by our correspondent has it that the second victim is receiving treatment at a private orthopedic hospital along Okigwe road in Aba North LGA.

When our correspondent visited the scene of Obikabia-Umukalika incident in Obingwa LGA, there was no presence of any police team at their usual spot in front of the Aba Metrological complex, Umukalika.
Advertisement

The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, SP Geoffrey Ogbonna didn’t take his calls when contacted.

Ogbonna is yet to reply text message sent to his mobile phone number by our correspondent at the time of filing the report.

A police source, who condemned the shooting of the innocent citizens, however claimed that the Azuka incident happened after the police got intelligence that the youths were coming to attack the Azuka Police Station.

https:///abia-poly-graduate-shot-dead-by-police-over-n50-extortion-photos/
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by chrisifeanyi: 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2021
Terrible
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by WibusJaga: 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2021

Known Gunmen. Terrorists in uniform.

1 Share

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by yuzjet(m): 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2021
Ha
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Risingblue008(m): 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
D
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by ILoveDemMANNA: 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
Kill him NOW.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Wind Blew Cocaine Into My Handbag" - Florida Dancer Tells Police / Kidnapped lebanese worker found dead in Kano / Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.