Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

The Gospel According To Joagbaje - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gospel According To Joagbaje (7708 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Beware Of The Gospel According To The New Age Movement (part 2) / The Gospel According To Judas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 08, 2011
The Gospel of Jo, is quite a strange one :

1. Sow and reap doctrine only when it involves MONEY.

2. Preaching against sin is salvation with works

3. Falling down , barking like a dog and all such signs are Holy Spirit manifestations

4. Pointing out doctrinal errors to protect the sheep from wolves in sheep clothing is judgmentalism

Anyway he is still my brother, I will be praying for him,

Please add any others I may have missed out.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2011
this is serious cheesy grin

good comic relief, it's funny how we all see the scriptures differently and are willing to state our points,

A kind of maturity is beginning to develop, there have been less insults in recent threads

jo'hnterry'abaje, kudos, grin
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2011
not meant to be comic relief , just to sift through all the chaos of doctrine and make sure we always preach the truth and nothing but the truth.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by nuclearboy(m): 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2011
Further details of the "gospel" (according to Joagbaje)

Lying, deceit & manipulation are allowed since you're no longer a sinner
You have a right to insult others only if you're on his side else you're a sinner
Chris Oyakilome is always right
Chris Oyakilome must not be queried
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by free123: 6:04am On Jun 09, 2011
Jo said

It is wrong to pray through Jesus Christ

Using Jesus as a medium to the Father is wrong since you are already standing in His stead
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by yommyuk: 6:43am On Jun 09, 2011
Has anybody got any positives to say about our blessed Jo.

At least he encourages a believer to spead the gospel. My only issue with him is the way he has elevated bro. Chris. Can be worrying sometimes. We are to use Christ aKIs the benchmark of the way we live. No human being is prefect and bro Chris is not either.
Coming from the same original background as Jo, I understand his perceptive. On that basis I evaluate his topics
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Joagbaje(m): 6:46am On Jun 09, 2011
frosbel:

The Gospel of Jo,  is quite a strange one :

1.  Sow and reap doctrine only when it involves MONEY.

2.  Preaching against sin is salvation with works 

3.  Falling down ,  barking like a dog and all such signs are Holy Spirit manifestations  undecided

4.  Pointing out doctrinal errors to protect the sheep from wolves in sheep clothing is judgmentalism
  embarassed

Anyway he is still my brother, I will be praying for him,   grin

grin  grin.

Me your brother ke? If I'm your brother , you should rather have asked me what my understanding is of the gospel . Than all this combined effort which , gives impression it's an outcome of secret meeting.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Joagbaje(m): 6:49am On Jun 09, 2011
yommyuk:

Has anybody got any positives to say about our blessed Jo.

At least he encourages a believer to spead the gospel. My only issue with him is the way he has elevated bro. Chris. Can be worrying sometimes. We are to use Christ aKIs the benchmark of the way we live. No human being is prefect and  bro Chris is not either.
Coming from the same original background as Jo, I understand his perceptive. On that basis I evaluate his topics

Ma da won loun jare. I have debunked many of his erroneous teachings by the bible truth ,so it's paining him. Imagine the guy say people should not go to churches or have a pastor . You know ,as they usually do. When they get into a cornner in defencelessness, they come after jo grin
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by mabell: 7:53am On Jun 09, 2011
Joagbaje:

Me your brother ke? If I'm your brother , you should rather have asked me what my understanding is of the gospel . Than all this combined effort which , gives impression it's an outcome of secret meeting.

smiley
oya you tell him whats your understanding of the gospel
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by newmi(m): 8:47am On Jun 09, 2011
frosbel:

The Gospel of Jo,  is quite a strange one :

1.  Sow and reap doctrine only when it involves MONEY.

2.  Preaching against sin is salvation with works 

3.  Falling down ,  barking like a dog and all such signs are Holy Spirit manifestations  undecided

4.  Pointing out doctrinal errors to protect the sheep from wolves in sheep clothing is judgmentalism
  embarassed

Anyway he is still my brother, I will be praying for him,   grin

l spit on this

nuclearboy:

Further details of the "gospel" (according to Joagbaje)

Lying, deceit & manipulation are allowed since you're no longer a sinner
You have a right to insult others only if you're on his side else you're a sinner
Chris Oyakilome is always right
Chris Oyakilome must not be queried
l spit on this

l am aware that you set of twisted minds have been very uncomfortable with the apparent peace this forum has enjoyed in the past days, your rest has been divorced from you since there was nothing to argue about and no occasion to grant expression to your perverted minds always seeking new ways to paint the Christianity in the bad light of a "house set against" itself. Well l have words for yah all YOU ALL HAVE FAILED THIS FORUM WILL RISE UP FROM THE DUST AND DIRT OF THE BAD NAMES KIDS LIKE YOU HAVE GIVEN IT AND LIVE UP TO ITS TRUE IDEAS OF INFORMING, EDUCATING AND INSPIRING PEOPLE
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by dare2think: 9:32am On Jun 09, 2011
@ Frosbel

We all have the right to believe what we want to believe.  I dont feel you should "victimise" his person for his beliefs. (However strange it may be to you).

Yes he has a different approach to christianity, Infact we all have different views on how we feel religion should be best served. I feel continuous questioning and debates serves more as source of education. I disagree a lot with JO, but I still feel he has a right to hold his views. We must challenge each other's views potently in order to ascertain our understanding of the subject matter.

@ Jo

Dude, hold whatever views you feel is right to your understanding, I only beg you to have a more open mind and willing to take to corrections. Nobody knows it all, Including the "MOGS".  I also implore you not to put all your faith in men (Chris and other mogs). We are all of God. Those Men you choose to adulate can fail you at anytime. They''ll choose their family before you.
Please realise that this is a very big and diverse world, and nobody holds the monoply to Knowledge and wisdom. We all should learn from each other and love should transcend beyond religion and doctrine.
As I always say don't expect to be un-challenged in your views.

I look forward to our next debate. wink

@newmi

dude, stop spreading germs with your spits. (It's unhygienic)
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2011
@dare2think

We all have the right to believe what we want to believe.  I dont feel you should "victimise" his person for his beliefs. (However strange it may be to you).

I am not victimising his person - thanks

Yes he have a different approach to christianity,

Different approach to Christianity What does that mean undecided undecided

Infact we all have different views on how we feel religion should be best served.

Our views should LINE UP with the word of GOD

I feel continuous questioning and debates serves more as source of education

For me my purpose is to tear through the LIEs and DECEPTION that many of US have believed for years without any question, just because some so called special man of GOD makes it a church doctrine

I disagree a lot with JO, but I still feel he has a right to hold his views.

He has EVERY right to hold his views, but he has NO RIGHT to spread poisonous DOCTRINE that has no biblical foundation and that can send precious Souls into error and if care is not taken to HELL.

We are not playing games here, we are fighting for the TRUTH and the Souls of men like you and me.

Thanks
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Snowwy: 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2011
dare2think:

@ Frosbel

Yes he has a different approach to christianity, Infact we all have different views on how we feel religion should be best served. I feel continuous questioning and debates serves more as source of education. I disagree a lot with JO, but I still feel he has a right to hold his views. We must challenge each other's views potently in order to ascertain our understanding of the subject matter.

@ Jo

Dude, hold whatever views you feel is right to your understanding, I only beg you to have a more open mind and willing to take to corrections. Nobody knows it all, Including the "MOGS".  I also implore you not to put all your faith in men (Chris and other mogs). We are all of God. Those Men you choose to adulate can fail you at anytime. They''ll choose their family before you.
Please realise that this is a very big and diverse world, and nobody holds the monoply to Knowledge and wisdom. We all should learn from each other and love should transcend beyond religion and doctrine.
As I always say don't expect to be un-challenged in your views.

I look forward to our next debate. wink

@newmi

dude, stop spreading germs with your spits. (It's unhygienic)

@dare2think,
Thanks for this write up.
When I saw this topic then i knew that frosbel has completely left the purpose for which Christ called him.

@Frosbel
It is a great shame that you have to stoop to the level of raising a topic like this. Please of what benefit is this? Do you think Christ will commend you?
I guess you must be happy by the pats on the back that you have been receiving from your fellows.

I am yet to see and understand the gospel you are preaching. All I have seen so far is quoting articles from here and there which is fine. However, what are you bringing to the table to resolve this issues?
Everyone can criticise as it is the easiest aspect but not everyone can edify and be a leader.
I see you in the former and a lot of the other critics here.

They hardly give advice and when they do it's a one liner after pages of criticisms. undecided

Contructive criticisms and solid advice is better.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by mabell: 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2011
Snowwy:

@dare2think,
Thanks for this write up.
When I saw this topic then i knew that frosbel has completely left the purpose for which Christ called him.

Are you sure it's not the devil's calling he is following after
he obviously spills out lies the devil has fed him with
but anyway, there is hope for him in christ
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:38pm On Jun 09, 2011
I miss the days of Battle on the Religion Section where two will go at it for days and have other members align with different views and venom was only known as words of enlightenment not to disparage other
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by PastorAIO: 7:42pm On Jun 09, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

I miss the days of Battle on the Religion Section where two will go at it for days and have other members align with different views and venom was only known as words of enlightenment not to disparage other

Good evening sir! Those days are long gone. Today you have people fighting for their livelihoods so it is necessarily a do or die affair.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Sweetnecta: 8:39pm On Jun 09, 2011
@Frosbel; i am not one who supports joeagbaje. aren't you a tad unfair to him with your thead title and the first line of your post; idea completely different to what you will accept for Jesus? check out the below

[Quote] The Gospel According To Jo[/b]agbaje
« on: Yesterday at 07:36:58 PM »

[b]The Gospel of Jo
, is quite a strange one :[/Quote]is according to meaning of?

please apply the same to any gospel of your choice, in the bible and see that you elevated jo higher, definitely than mark, matthew, john, and or luke. you may also have elevated jo even higher than jesus your God since jesus himself does not have a gospel in the bible and no two gospels are alike, among the 4.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by nuclearboy(m): 8:54pm On Jun 09, 2011
Pastor AIO:

Good evening sir!  Those days are long gone.  [size=13pt]Today you have people fighting for their livelihoods[/size] so it is necessarily a do or die affair.

Therein lies the problem and the issue.

When people who fight with you openly on NL sneak behind and start writing you letters titled "My appeal" and in these, appealing that you please back down with criticism so that their livelihood is not affected, then it becomes obvious this is not about truth or love or sincerity but simply about livelihood/money/bellies.

You suddenly become aware this is more dangerous than you'd thought. In these days of "demo-madness", these people could go as far as political Religious assassinations. Their forbears did it with Jesus, Stephen, Peter, Paul. And all for the sake of the tummy cry
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2011
^^^

What baffles me is why people are not satisfied with simple gospel truth.

All we need is our bible, a sincere heart and obedience to GOD.

Instead we have people twisting God's word to suit their purposes, even in the face of glaring truth they will not humble themselves. They add candles, incense, Mary, holy water, word of faith, spiritual laughter and all manner of madness to the gospel such that people are turned off from repenting of their sins and following Jesus.

Instead they attack the messenger so that the message will stop.

This is what God's word says about such people.

"Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things." - Philippians 3:19
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by yommyuk: 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2011
nuclearboy:

Therein lies the problem and the issue.

When people who fight with you openly on NL sneak behind and start writing you letters titled "My appeal" and in these, appealing that you please back down with criticism so that their livelihood is not affected, then it becomes obvious this is not about truth or love or sincerity but simply about livelihood/money/bellies.
You suddenly become aware this is more dangerous than you'd thought. In these days of "demo-madness", these people could go as far as political Religious assassinations. Their forbears did it with Jesus, Stephen, Peter, Paul. And all for the sake of the tummy cry

Referring to the bolded above, pls be more specific cool
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Snowwy: 9:37pm On Jun 09, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

Instead we have people twisting God's word to suit their purposes, even in the face of glaring truth they will not humble themselves. They add candles, incense, Mary, holy water, word of faith, spiritual laughter and all manner of madness to the gospel such that people are turned off from repenting of their sins and following Jesus.

"Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things." - Philippians 3:19

@Frosbel,
You are the one going about attacking people.

Please when will you start preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ? We are tired of all these unedifying and unnecessary threads full of false prophets, catholism etc. That is not the way to win people to Christ.

I am yet to come accross one thread where you shared the undiluted word of Christ, the true gospel of Jesus which is full of peace, joy, love and direction.

It seems you possess some substance, please let us hear you out. Shed the light of Christ.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 09, 2011
^^^^^

Another LIE.

You have IGNORED ALL the posts on holiness and love , I will search for them and bring them back to the front page.

It confirms that you have no interest in living HOLY because these articles were written and no one made any comments, some because they agree with the content of truth but others because they have itching ears.

The Truth must be exposed in LOVE.

I am happy you can confirm I HAVE NEVER Used FOUL Language or abused anyone in this religious forum.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Snowwy: 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2011
frosbel:

^^^^^

Another LIE.

You have IGNORED ALL the posts on holiness and love , I will search for them and bring them back to the front page.

It confirms that you have no interest in living HOLY because these articles were written and no one made any comments, some because they agree with the content of truth but others because they have itching ears.

The Truth must be exposed in LOVE.

I am happy you can confirm I HAVE NEVER Used FOUL Language or abused anyone in this religious forum.

@Frosbel,
Who is lying? I said I am yet to come across any thread where you preached the gospel.
Do you even read my posts at all? You are quite hasty you know.

Tooo bad since that is your opinion.
Since no one seemed to comment on the holiness you were preaching then you started criticisms? I guess you are happier now with the response.
Well go read threads on holiness here. People hardly comment.
I read quite a lot on NL and I am blessed.
I am yet to get the head or tail of your threads sha. You just go on and on of the evils. To me, that is not a gospel.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2011
Apologies if I was hasty  embarassed

Nothing I write is because of any joy I get from criticising, but I have personally experienced church abuse and the dangers of following men. I have seen people leave the church system because of all sorts of unscriptural practises by church leaders, I even had a friend who had a Pastor eyeing his wife and another pretty sister working in a GOD TV satellite  station where , Pastors who came to preach the gospel in their allocated time slots were constantly flirting with her. Her faith was shaken and to this day she is still recovering.

You know this spiritual journey is not a Joke, the souls of men depend on it.

Do you know why churchianity is a laughing stock nowadays to the extent that whenever I preach to this friend of mine, he mocks the way our sisters dress like harlots etc

"Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered." - 2 Peter 2

I post random articles on any subject not just holiness but also exposing liars and crooks.

God bless.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Sweetnecta: 10:07pm On Jun 09, 2011
@Snowwy; « #20 on: Today at 09:37:29 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: frosbel on Today at 08:59:54 PM
^^^

@Frosbel,
You are the one going about attacking people.

Please when will you start preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ? We are tired of all these unedifying and unnecessary threads full of false prophets, catholism etc. That is not the way to win people to Christ.

I am yet to come accross one thread where you shared the undiluted word of Christ, the true gospel of Jesus which is full of peace, joy, love and direction.

It seems you possess some substance, please let us hear you out. Shed the light of Christ.[/Quote]please show me the gospel of Jesus Christ, because all i have read in the bible are gospels [of [according to] john, luke mark, and matthew] about Jesus Christ. if you show me the gospel of Jesus Christ, i will love it.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by nuclearboy(m): 10:19pm On Jun 09, 2011
yommyuk:

Referring to the bolded above, pls be more specific cool

@Yommy:

How? Long time! "Pastor" Joe contacted his "worst enemies" (in his estimation) on NL ---> SirJohn (the misguided liar as he calls him), KunleOshob (can you imagine?) & myself (the ignorant babyteeth boy) via email quietly outside NL. Let me leave the list at that. His first mail to me was titled "My Appeal" and specifically said he was not sent officially to NL and thus, our "stressing" him could cause problems back at church HQ.

I was deliberately very rude in our communication; calling him thief, criminal etc but to my astonishment (because here on NL, he was totally ignoring me), he never took offense at even the worst insults but only sought excuses to explain. Suddenly too, he started replying me on NL trying to make civil conversation even though he used to ignore me before (just as he does now having again determined I won't become a friend). Long story there!!

Can you show me where Christ tried to become friends with the Pharisees? I can show them seeking Him out to placate Him. So, why is someone openly calling me a baby-teeth and/or non-christian on NL then quietly seeking to placate/discuss with me? Who does that resemble? Jesus or the "Pharisees"? If you know you are telling truth, why try to shut up dissenting voices by seeking to make them friends?

I have told Jo - they are trying to take away God's Glory from Him - But He is jealous and will disgrace them all over and over till they embrace truth & humility or get destroyed. While God knows I feel empathy for him because he shows "humanity" when embarrassed at times, I find myself pitting that against the Justice being denied the poor, needy and widows to the point where even these are scammed to bring their mite to billionaire business-men.

Plus Jo is gifted (I have copies of at least 4 of his paintings) - why not face real manly work and THEN, claim all the tripe you claim now to prosper? Why is that for others while they bring cold cash to you?
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Snowwy: 10:46pm On Jun 09, 2011
@Frosbel,
The spiritual journey is not a joke like you said and that is why we are to focus on Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. He is the focus.

The world is corrupt but in all this who do you believe? If you believe Jesus Christ, then you will be steadfast, unmoveable and always abound in the work of the Lord. On judgement day, I believe all our actions, choices will be based on what we chose to do.

On your friend, she should not allow her faith to shake as her faith should be in Christ Jesus not in man. She is to honour leaders as was stated in the bible.
Honour and Faith are two different things.

@Sweetnecta
The gospel of Jesus Christ is the goodnews of Jesus Christ.
The gospels according to Matthew, Mark, luke and John is the goodnews according to each of these disciples.
This means that they were giving accounts according to what they saw individually of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by aletheia(m): 11:10pm On Jun 09, 2011
According to the gospel of Joagbaje:

1) The letter of James is not supposed to be in the Bible because it is "lesser revelation"
2) Abraham was not saved
3) There are "two" types of righteousness: Men can chose the one they wish to live by. It doesn't matter which. They will be saved.
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Joagbaje(m): 10:29am On Jun 10, 2011
aletheia:

According to the gospel of Joagbaje:

1) The letter of James is not supposed to be in the Bible because it is "lesser revelation"
2) Abraham was not saved
3) There are "two" types of righteousness: Men can chose the one they wish to live by. It doesn't matter which. They will be saved.

Here comes our lying doctor, where did I make such statement?
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Sweetnecta: 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2011
@Snowwy; #26 on: Yesterday at 10:46:27 PM »
[Quote]@Frosbel,
The spiritual journey is not a joke like you said and that is why we are to focus on Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. He is the focus.

The world is corrupt but in all this who do you believe? If you believe Jesus Christ, then you will be steadfast, unmoveable and always abound in the work of the Lord. On judgement day, I believe all our actions, choices will be based on what we chose to do.

On your friend, she should not allow her faith to shake as her faith should be in Christ Jesus not in man. She is to honour leaders as was stated in the bible.
Honour and Faith are two different things.[/Quote]the bold is such a crock. jesus did not know a thing about your christian religion. so how can a man who followed mosaic law, obeying even the least of it warning no one to go against it is the author and finisher of what he knows nothing about; your christian religion? let us know that you are joking or bring your proofs. or he is author and finisher just like osama bin laden is the native american's geronimo? both titles are fake from those who gave them to the individuals.

[Quote]@Sweetnecta
The gospel of Jesus Christ is the goodnews of Jesus Christ.
The gospels according to Matthew, Mark, luke and John is the goodnews according to each of these disciples.
This means that they were giving accounts according to what they saw individually of our Lord Jesus Christ,[/Quote]where is the bold? if you think the two silly lines are the explanation for the bold, you are sleep walking. you need to wake up to reality.did you notice that each didn't see exactly the same things, even they were all with him at the same time, in all events through out the entire ministry? since jesus was sent, he must have been sent with something. where is that thing, i ask you again, sleeper. please wake up because i need an answer right now. watch this clip and the next after it;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiLSPb6x3Jw&feature=related
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by Gombs(m): 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2011
at least he wrote something intelligent though i'm sorry you don't seem to comprehend them, i'm waiting on your writ about the gospel of Christ, untill then, I'd suggest you shut it or better still, write about something edifying, Thanks for understanding (i desperately wish you will)

PS: Jo long time, what's good?
Re: The Gospel According To Joagbaje by nuella2(f): 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2011
@nuclearboy

Are you the only person he sent a mail to? Why are you the only person talking abt it in every thread? Alot of pple sent me mails and we discuss privately, i dont bring such to nl even if its in the nature of a woman to talk mostimes without limit, for christ sake you are a man o! This your attitude its disguisting to me, haha Chineke!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Busted Having Gay Sex (pictures) / Success Stories of Missionary Outreaches / Which Is Your Favorite Part Of Worship Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.