Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? (61366 Views)

Used Camry 2007 Vs Used Corolla 2004 Vs Landed EOD 2005 Vslanded Big Daddy 2004 / Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? / Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Memberclub(m): 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2021
toujurs:
I don't like the side mirror of those two cars. It's not favourable here in lagos
what?!? Lol

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by kilisi(m): 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2021
Here is something I've noticed about automatic transmission cars especially the full option which is that they usually consume lots of fuel compared to manual transmission cars. Abeg, experts in the house, is this really true?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Penboy: 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2021
Please how much can I get a toks corolla or pontiac vibe?

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by skywalker240(m): 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2021
ArticleBeast:

Most hondas are abused by previous owners. Majority use all manner of useless engine oil and gear oil. Also, honda tend to have fuel pump and suspension problems. Speaking as a current honda owner
Thanks allot for this Sir,
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by mrdipye(m): 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2021
E be like say God wan bless me with car o
This wan weh be say na so so car talk and thread I d bump into this days.
Op ask our brother weh the grill fish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by legacystore: 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2021
Corolla

Even the price difference between the two is massive

Exceptional resale value

I am currently using same corolla n it's so good ac, power train n handling but u have to be very careful as it's a thief magnet bc it has high resale value

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by skywalker240(m): 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
Staru1:

When buying Honda , remember that Honda is the only car that has factory faulty on it legs, it can pull out any where ,any time. However, manual or automatic transmission is not a problem, as the different is just gearbox. Manual gearbox is repairable while automatic transmission is not. I recommend Toyota for you.
They said Civic don't pull legs like Accord though.

Thanks allot
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by dokyOloye: 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
skywalker240:
Good Morning great gurus,

Please am currently trying to get a car as am planning to start Bolt or Uber as a side hustle, by the special grace of God, but that's not why i created this thread.

I just want to know which is reliable, durable, that can withstand pressure (on the engine) in short better overall between the two cars, personally I have read alot of reviews here from you guys on the both ride, and I am considering getting the Civic, but my friends keep telling me Corolla is the best worldwide grin but then I reply them that the Honda is cheaper and even more beautiful, but they're not trusting the cheap price, some even mock me jokingly that na who no get money de tok say beer no sweet (what is it with the average Nigerian and Toyota sef undecided )

Truth be told, am a bit suspecting and having reservation's for the price of the Honda Civic

Frankly to be honest, am a novice when it comes to auto's

I just want a wider view on both and possibly the advantages one have over the other

Note the Honda is a manual transmission while the Corolla is auto

So I bring my case to the legends over here, what's your take?

Cost o parts replacement

Fuel economy

How rugged they are

How easy for mechanic to work on

Resale value
Thanks
Avoid "see my car" grin
Go for the Honda

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by cooooooks(m): 3:54pm On Nov 22, 2021
I had that brand of Honda (2002).

I currently have a newer Civic. Civic is better. Parts are cheaper, the car is faster, if it's manual, you will never have transmission problems.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by majorbravo: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
I have the Honda Civic(2002 automatic sports version) for sale. Fully pimped sports version with:
Angel eye projector headlights
DVD
Reverse Camera compatible
Woofer + Amp
Contact me on WhatsApp for more details
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by skywalker240(m): 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
Muzikluva:

Bro, Honda Civic over Toyota Corolla any day anytime! Nigerians think Corolla is the only economical car. Go for a 2006-2009 Honda Civic, they come with automatic gear and even more beautiful than the ones you are considering. By the way, it seems you want to go for a Nigerian used car? Be very careful with the one you buy. Ensure to go inspect it with a TRUSTED mechanic.
Yes that's true

Toks for both cars are beyond my reach for now as a Corolla toks of that model in Benin City is priced above 2.8m and the Civic 1.7m, thanks for your suggestions, personally i fancy Honda cars alot, but been the rookie I am for now, I have to widen my experience, thanks for this Sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by dokyOloye: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
RPG2020:

Cars dey rugged?
No be that type of rugged you cult member grin

5 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by causimalbarka(m): 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
skywalker240:

Please am currently trying to get a car as am planning to start Bolt or Uber as a side hustle, by the special grace of God, but that's not why i created this thread.

I just want to know which is reliable, durable, that can withstand pressure (on the engine) in short better overall between the two cars, personally I have read alot of reviews here from you guys on the both ride, and I am considering getting the Civic, but my friends keep telling me Corolla is the best worldwide grin but then I reply them that the Honda is cheaper and even more beautiful, but they're not trusting the cheap price, some even mock me jokingly that na who no get money de tok say beer no sweet (what is it with the average Nigerian and Toyota sef undecided )

Truth be told, am a bit suspecting and having reservation's for the price of the Honda Civic

I just want a wider view on both and possibly the advantages one have over the other

Cost o parts replacement

Fuel economy

How rugged they are

Resale value
Thanks

If them give me corola without engine and give me tokunbo of the honda civic.

I will stilll take the corolla..

It incomparable...

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
You see Toyota ehn, even if I get money to buy latest Lamborghini and Ferrari,I must own one Toyota in my garage,heck na him I go dey drive more.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Wartroop01: 4:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
♻️♻️ULTRA BETTING ARENA ♻️♻️.
https:///ultrabettingarena

Join this guy group. We boom 87 ODDS YESTERDAY. And he do always announce a giveaway. He's legit and his games a free
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Presegs(m): 4:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Completely agree with you that the Civic doesn't have that problem that the Accords had. I say "had" because I know that more recent models have done away with the design for the 03 to 08 year models. Correct me if I'm wrong; the faulty "leg" that regularly failed is the CV joint, yeah?

You are also correct. But let me tell you that my first car was Honda accord 2005, and I never once experienced leg pull for the five years I used it. It could be because I bought a first-grade clean title(100% accident-free) with low mileage, plus I have maintenance culture.

The car I bought for N1.5M million in April 2016 when clean accidented one was sold for 1.2M to 1.3M, and I sold it for N1.3M on August 2021 in Abuja in which an Alhaji was even ready to pay N1.5M but the young guy that bought it paid before him.

Don't be shocked that I was able to sell it quickly for N1.3M. It is still in toks standard without a single warning light on its instrument cluster or car scanner plus, I put one expensive and unique rear light that is still in good condition imported from the USA since 2016.

9 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by BJanta: 4:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
Presegs:
Thanks for the mention! !!

Go for the Honda Civic because it surpasses the corolla in many aspects.

Just that its resale value is not like that of the corolla.
Correct !

This is the mistake most Nigerians make.

All Hondas don't have the leg pull issue, and Honda civic doesn't pull legs. But, say, Honda accords from 2003 to 2008 had the issue that often happens due to poor maintenance of Nigerians plus our bad roads.

They fixed the issue in higher models of Honda accords.

I represent www.autosandcartalk.com
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by ishowlekon(m): 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
Toyota Corolla is rugged and costs efficient

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Jojopikin85: 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
skywalker240:

Cost o parts replacement

Fuel economy

How rugged they are

Resale value
Thanks
bro no long story the Corolla is far better it has a good market value if u want to resell the car,honda products don't have good market value am talking from experience. For bolt Toyota cars are the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by skywalker240(m): 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
legacystore:
Corolla

Even the price difference between the two is massive

Exceptional resale value

I am currently using same corolla n it's so good ac, power train n handling but u have to be very careful as it's a thief magnet bc it has high resale value
Thanks allot for this Sir
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by ksmart027(m): 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
skywalker240:

Thanks for this Sir

The Civic goes for 650k the Corolla is 1.4m

What do you think about the great difference between the prices? Is there something sinister about it?
There I nothing wrong with the price, I bought my mine cheaper than your budget. Corolla is on high demand due to our naija bandwagon, but if you want to go for Corolla, ensure you install tracker and comprehensively insure the car because na thief magnet.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Help2020: 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2021
skywalker240:

Cost o parts replacement

Fuel economy

How rugged they are

Resale value
Thanks
Toyota any day,any time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Olayetan(m): 4:07pm On Nov 22, 2021
People have dropped so much view but my own is, if you don't know how to handle car, go for Corolla cuz Corolla can withstand any form of abuse, unlike Civic that can enter code if you abuse it and that will require computer to unlock it...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by fykes(m): 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
Op lemme advice u.
No Honda car will be as good as Corolla for commercial purposes.

Forget the price, I don't advise anyone to buy a used Honda product.
Especially Nigerian used.
For everything u listed, Corolla is way ahead and better than the Honda.
That 2004 Corolla is d best of it's grade in everything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Kobicove(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
skywalker240:

Thanks for this Sir

What do you think about the great difference between the prices? Is there something sinister about it?

There's a reason why the Corolla is way more expensive!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by BoboKush(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
U want to use manual car for uber...... Body go tel. U.... Even if it side hustle

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by alone1fun12: 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
go for corrolla and you will thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by airsaylongcome: 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
Presegs:

You are also correct. But let me tell you that my first car was Honda accord 2005, and I never once experienced leg pull for the five years I used it. It could be because I bought a first-grade clean title(100% accident-free) with low mileage, plus I have maintenance culture.

The car I bought for N1.5M million in April 2016 when clean accidented one was sold for 1.2M to 1.3M, and I sold it for N1.3M on August 2021 in Abuja in which an Alhaji was even ready to pay N1.5M but the young guy that bought it paid before him.

Don't be shocked that I was able to sell it quickly for N1.3M. It is still in toks standard without a single warning light on its instrument cluster or car scanner plus, I put one expensive and unique rear light that is still in good condition imported from the USA since 2016.

That's you. You sound like a meticulous owner that would go out of your way to order OEM parts or top grade aftermarket parts for repairs. 90% of Nigerians (many oof whom rely on the fictional Kazeem mechanic) would be satisfied with replacing with low quality China made aftermarkets, or worse "tokunbo". All we know is to start the car engine. The other day a Range Rover drove past me with an obviously faulty fan belt. He was accelerating fast so the noise can quickly "go". In my head I was calculating his future bill when the engine fails when he can just replace the failed fan belt which is cheaper to fix

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Kobicove(m): 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
Help2020:

Toyota any day,any time.

Twice on Monday! grin

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Presegs(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
airsaylongcome:

That's you. You sound like a meticulous owner that would go out of your way to order OEM parts or top grade aftermarket parts for repairs. 90% of Nigerians (many oof whom rely on the fictional Kazeem mechanic) would be satisfied with replacing with low quality China made aftermarkets, or worse "tokunbo". All we know is to start the car engine. The other day a Range Rover drove past me with an obviously faulty fan belt. He was accelerating fast so the noise can quickly "go". In my head I was calculating his future bill when the engine fails when he can just replace the failed fan belt which is cheaper to fix

You are on point.

LMAO at the story of the range rover.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by amdoyin82(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
o
skywalker240:

Thanks for this Sir

Oga go for the Civic and use the money for other things. tOYOTA an especially corrola model is over rated.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos: Wedding Car Decorated With Traditional Beads Causes Stir In Lagos / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion / Allen Samuel From Ondo Constructs Car (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.