Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,514 members, 7,847,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:23 AM

How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet (1158 Views)

Kano Govt Bans Shisha Smoking, Stops Underage Children From Entering Hotels / Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) / Snakes Take Over Alhaji Estate In Kurudu, Abuja (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet by adebayo987: 5:32am On Nov 23, 2021
Though it seems rare but it's real and it's happening. Just that very few make it to the newspapers. Snakes can enter your well sealed house through your water closet (WC) and enter your toilet (that's if you're lucky, otherwise it may hide inside the chamber of your PVC system and when one seats on the toilet seat to answer the call of nature it tracks the sound and come out to respond to what it assumes as attack. Even if you look into your WC before sitting on it you won't see anything or any sign of snake. Under your house is the earth housing many other creatures. If you can see mouse (rodents) in your house, you can see snakes in same house even though you're in a city. Mouse have homes beneath your gigantic house and anywhere there is a prey, there must be a predator around. It's like humans and farms. So, this snakes hunt mouse living beneath your building and loss their way out. Sometimes, due to the temperature of the mouse's home, snakes may choose to reside there for a while or set an ambush for mother mouse if it only discovers the offspring of the mouse in there.

To keep snake off your WC, pour at least a 30cl (or 50cl) of Kerosene in your WC once every two months. It will take like a hundred of flushes for the scent of the kerosene to wash off or get reduced inside the PVC chamber area. So you will need to apply it every two months to intensify the kerosene's effectiveness within the PVC system. Studies show that once the kerosene makes it way to your PVC chamber, particles of it will stick around the chamber and PVC system and would take a thorough wash or about a hundred flushes for the intensity of the kerosene's scent to drop. This will keep snakes very much far away.

This method is safer and more effective and less expensive than detergents that would completely wash off within and/or less than 6 flushes. If you have the coins to spend, you can mix the detergents with the kerosene and apply.

Please, don't joke with this advice. Human life is important. You can save a soul (if you don't mind) by sharing too. Thanks!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet by RosyIsBlessed: 5:52am On Nov 23, 2021
Nice idea. Thanks.
Re: How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet by delzbaba(m): 5:57am On Nov 23, 2021
What of petrol, i know snakes hate petrol with a passion.
Re: How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet by osamz007: 6:03am On Nov 23, 2021
Some people shít and kerosene will lead to an explosion

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet by nosiebaba(m): 6:21am On Nov 23, 2021
It won't be a bad idea to always fumigate your surroundings and make sure the septic tank is covered properly. All the toilet vent pipes should be properly covered with netted vent covers.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet by Skyfornia(m): 6:23am On Nov 23, 2021
This deserve front page...OP imeela.

But I guess this is most applicable to people living on the down floor, we that live 2nd floor above the surface earth are safe. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet by Rayd502(m): 6:37am On Nov 23, 2021
Is petrol a good alternative?
Re: How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet by Okiemute101: 6:38am On Nov 23, 2021
You said this and I thought of my balls �.. Snakes love eggs! O'my God.. I need to apply this method asap in my WC. I won't take chances. RIP to the NAF lady that died through this...

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet by Olumighty123(m): 8:55am On Nov 23, 2021
Okiemute101:
You said this and I thought of my balls �.. Snakes love eggs! O'my God.. I need to apply this method asap in my WC. I won't take chances. RIP to the NAF lady that died through this...

Lmao, you mean to say it could mistake your balls for an egg? grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet by adebayo987: 9:34am On Nov 23, 2021
delzbaba:
What of petrol, i know snakes hate petrol with a passion.
Petrol (fuel) would evapourate and dry off in few hours but kerosene would last a thousand times longer than petrol. All these were tested but kerosene was efficient in durability. If you can afford petrol, then at least about 10cl (you don't need much, in fact two table spoons) can do the trick. However, you'll need to apply petrol on a daily basis because it will turn into gas and evaporates through your PVC vent within hours.
Re: How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet by adebayo987: 9:53am On Nov 23, 2021
nosiebaba:
All the toilet vent pipes should be properly covered with netted vent covers.
Great idea. However, snakes would hardly pass through those vents. Under your house there are openings housing rats. The holes leading to those openings are very deep and are about hundreds of meters away far into the bush so you won't even notice any visible opening around your house and that's where the snake goes through into the opening beneath your house. Rats have the habbit of opening a hole around the chamber area of your PVC in order to sustain a specific temperature in their home beneath your house and that's where the snakes try to go through since their way into the rat house was like a mile away. And with their (snakes) incredible sense of smell, would follow the odour of poop and urine into your chamber area only to discover that there's no way out other than via the WC but that's if the snake is larger than your vent hole or couldn't climb out via such.
Re: How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet by Remman(m): 10:03am On Nov 23, 2021
I will do that immediately! Thanks, op
Re: How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet by delzbaba(m): 11:34am On Nov 23, 2021
adebayo987:
Petrol (fuel) would evapourate and dry off in few hours but kerosene would last a thousand times longer than petrol. All these were tested but kerosene was efficient in durability. If you can afford petrol, then at least about 10cl (you don't need much, in fact two table spoons) can do the trick. However, you'll need to apply petrol on a daily basis because it will turn into gas and evaporates through your PVC vent within hours.
ok thanks
Re: How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet by BlackAlien007: 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
I think snipper will be more effective
Re: How To Stop Snakes From Entering Your Wc/toilet by Remman(m): 11:32am On Dec 07, 2021
BlackAlien007:
I think snipper will be more effective
guy, you make sense o... But snipper has been banned in Nigeria due to suicide people! It's rare to get one this days. I just bought one bottle of kerosene and keep in my toilet. Before i do anything i first drop a jab and do a little flush to push it inside then feel safe onward.

(1) (Reply)

8 Secrets Of The Naturally Slim / I Am Going Bald / Sharing Toilets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.