Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager (57198 Views)

Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager / Sir Alex Ferguson In Intensive Care After Brain Sugery As Sympathy Floods In(Pic / Sir Alex Ferguson Gives Arsene Wenger A Vase On His Last Game At Old Trafford (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by ogbiwa: 7:51am On Nov 23, 2021
Sir Alex Ferguson reportedly wants PSG boss Mauricio Pochettino to succeed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as Manchester United manager.

That is according to talkSPORT journalist Ian Abrahams, who made the revelation on Twitter.

United are on the hunt for their fifth permanent manager since Ferguson retired following the sacking of Solskjaer on Sunday morning.

The Norwegian boss was relieved of his duties in the wake of United's humiliating 4-1 defeat to Watford.

Ferguson still holds considerable influence at Old Trafford, and was a key player in the deal to re-sign Cristiano Ronaldo.

And the veteran Scot reportedly has a clear idea of who he wants to see replace Solskjaer in the home dugout.

According to Abrahams, Ferguson wants Pochettino as the club's next manager.

He cites a source close to the club who suggests current favourite Zinedine Zidane will join PSG, allowing former Tottenham boss Pochettino to take up the gig at United.

The Argentine is on a list of five names under consideration by the Old Trafford hierarchy which also includes Ralf Rangnick, Erik ten Hag, Brendan Rodgers and Zidane.

Ferguson's reported preference for Pochettino should come as little surprise.

The Red Devils legend publicly praised Pochettino in April 2016, telling reporters: "Well the manager has been fantastic. They [Spurs] have a bad record of managers, there is no doubt about that.

"They have had so many over the years, but this lad has composure. You never see him ruffled and the way his team play is a testimony to the work he is doing.

"The most important thing for English football is how many English and young players are in his team. He understands the advantage of playing young people. They won't let you down and they have been fantastic."

Tottenham MP David Lammy revealed a conversation he had with Fergie about Pochettino while he was manager of Tottenham.

The politician said: "About six weeks ago, I sat next to Sir Alex Ferguson at a dinner in support of grassroots football abroad.

"He said to me, 'I think you guys have got the best manager in the Premier League.' Alex Ferguson said that."

And the good feeling between the two men doesn't end there. In 2016, Pochettino was famously snapped meeting Ferguson for lunch in London, sparking speculation that he would one day take over at Old Trafford.

The two men even had lunch together in 2016

Pochettino later described the lunch as a "dream come true".

He added: "When I was young, when I started my career as a manager, he was always my inspiration, my reference and when you can share two hours with a person who, for me, was the greatest manager in the world, the history of football, you can only enjoy."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/ferguson-man-utd-manager-solskjaer-25510202

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by ArchiLimited: 7:52am On Nov 23, 2021
Well he named Moyes too as successor and look how that turned out. Moyes good manager no doubt as we can see with Westham, but not a good fit for United

159 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by Fahdiga(m): 7:56am On Nov 23, 2021
I like Poch as a person but Man U should go for Steve Bruce if they want to progress grin

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by Ussycool: 7:56am On Nov 23, 2021
Goalie

Pochetino for Man U manager...
PSG no gree o

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 23, 2021
Nice

1 Like

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by lkillbrokehoes: 8:13am On Nov 23, 2021
Poch should be the best option for now

1 Like

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by paulolee(m): 8:21am On Nov 23, 2021
I always know dt united n pochetino always wanted each other since united started having coaching problems after fergie left..
I see him coming back because this seems to be his last chance of managing them but also he may stay in paris with dt star studded squad dt can guarantee him trophies to boost his c.v..
d only challenge for PSG is the UCL and he should focus on giving it a shot than making dt switch to united dts currently unstable..
he gat d players n comfort in Paris n dey is a stronger challenge n high demand in England.....d choice is for him to make

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by paulolee(m): 8:23am On Nov 23, 2021
ArchiLimited:
Well he named Moyes too as successor and look how that turned out. Moyes good manager no doubt as we can see with Westham, but not a good fit for United
u took dose words out of my mouth.....dts the problem i gat with king makers, dey always believe dt dey are on the right path, I just see nothing special in dis poch guy when talking about tactics.
he is just dt average coach to me but I wish dm well..

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by paulolee(m): 8:25am On Nov 23, 2021
Ussycool:
Goalie

Pochetino for Man U manager...
PSG no gree o
PSG gat no say, united are bigger than PSG and the EPL is better than d league 1...
if porch wants d move after d season, PSG cnt stop him n dey would always be available coaches ready for paris job bcox its not dt demanding..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
K
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by NwaNimo1(m): 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2021

15 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by ipobarethieves: 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
cool very good.I support Pocohantas lipsrsealed.Pogba must GO angry
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by Richy4(m): 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
It seems this man is a godfather of Manchester United cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by Judolisco(m): 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
ArchiLimited:
nothing special about United bro... Pochetttino should come quickly and take his beating from Chelsea

11 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by Perfecttouchade: 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
Ok.. Ferguson should be calming down grin
We man UTD fans will select our coach by ourselves biko grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by letristian: 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
This won't work
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by JosephXavier: 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2021
Another weak personality to replace a sacked weak personality

I knew Man Utd weren't ready to move forward since they allowed Tottenham sign Conte

But since he is now in Tottenham, I'm good with it

Man U will continue to sink regardless

9 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by AFvckingAlpha(m): 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2021
PSG would be looking at themselves now and be saying they fvcked even with their oil money.

Facts is if you big abeg you big.

PSG with all their oil money bout to lose their manager, thanks to United doings

I said what I said

2 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by IKBARUTEN11(m): 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2021
And that is the final answer

Ferguson's decisions in man U are not taken for granted

3 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by DoctorDree(m): 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2021
That’s what comes with being at a position for too long,it just wouldn’t be easy to overlook you when they want to replace someone with where you held for long but no matter how long,dead or alive your interest won’t be needed again#LegendFerguson

1 Like

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by Joebayo217: 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2021
Pochettino is a good coach but make dis sir Alex Ferguson no dey interfere in man u team again he has done more harm to d team angry

21 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by Mogul750: 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2021

1 Like

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by OmoManU: 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2021
Which Pochetino Baba should go and be sleeping

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by captainamiedi1: 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2021
He brought Moyes, he supported Ole we all know how it ended. SAF we respect you a lot but it's good you allow the incompetent board do their worse. I have zero trust for the board. glazersout

7 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by TheTourist: 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2021
Sir Alex don come again ooo with recommendation. Make he gerrout. First DAVID MOYES

2 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by sojayy(m): 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2021
Baba do com again b dat, e b lyk say. Man u never learn
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by spy24(m): 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2021
Pochetino will do well at United

But I have this strong feeling that Carrick will do extremely well I don't know why

6 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by nonut: 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2021
paulolee:

PSG gat no say, united are bigger than PSG and the EPL is better than d league 1...
if porch wants d move after d season, PSG cnt stop him n dey would always be available coaches ready for paris job bcox its not dt demanding..
It's not that demanding? As in, farmers league?
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by Okemmuo(m): 2:23pm On Nov 23, 2021
Good
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager by IvarTheBoneless: 2:23pm On Nov 23, 2021
cool

Poch The Man!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Moses Stylishly Lands In Uyo Ahead Of Zambia Clash. Photos / Rocio Oliva Throws Diego Maradona Out Of The House He Bought For Her / Ricardo Marques Ferreira Dead: Cristiano Ronaldo’s Hairdresser Stabbed To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.