Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,360 members, 7,836,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion (1562 Views)

I Am In A State Of Dilemma... Should I Move On? / My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. / I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by ebuka10box(m): 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
2021 got to be the worst year ever ,I lost both parents in a space of a month. I didnt get to see them or feel them on their last days on earth cause I was not in Nigeria. God knows why all these tragedy happened.
Since I buried my mum ,I've been scared cause I don't want my siblings to suffer and they are the only family I got. Note I've got 3 siblings, 2 of them just graduated and my elder sister got a 3 year old boy. I'm the first son and the second child.
Please I need your advise and suggestions on this:
I've gone back to base after my mums burial cos I need a job rn to put some things in order.
Should I quit my job and go back to Nigeria cos I found out I'm loosing concentration and I'm always thinking about my siblings.
My parents left us with some things that could go a long way if managed. Should I come back right now and pursue these benefits ?
Is it possible relocating with my siblings/nephew and renting off my family house for a long time.

As a matter of fact I don't think I want to go to the village anymore or have anything to do with the village right now ,my parents were buried in the family house they built. What happens to the house ?
Please nairalanders help me ,advise me on this....
Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by chatinent: 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2021
It depends on where you are.

You can...well, set up a business for them back home and continue working then.

Sorry for your loss...but don't you let it weigh you down.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by Sweetshugar(f): 1:31pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hmm, quitting your job is not a good idea, Nigeria is not safe at the moment, the economy is bad, the best thing u can do is to work hard come back and take your siblings..above all ask God to lead you right, but coming to Nigeria is a bad idea,

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by portplus: 1:31pm On Nov 23, 2021
Stay in your base.
Focus on your job.
Keep in touch with your siblings always.
When God bless your hustle help your siblings or assist them to move out of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by Sankabson(m): 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2021
Don’t come and look for trouble and what’s not. Stay your base!

Your siblings are not Kids, they’ll live and survive without You. Do the best you can and leave everything else for the lord to Handle..

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by ebuka10box(m): 1:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
portplus:
Stay in your base.
Focus on your job.
Keep in touch with your siblings always.
When God bless your hustle help your siblings or assist them to move out of the country.
thanks ,I'm grateful. I happen to be the next of kin .what happens to her benefits cause if I stay here it ain't gonna be possible,I need to be present and heard it takes time to process all that . In that course,I might loose my job and work permit

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by ebuka10box(m): 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
Sankabson:
Don’t come and look for trouble and what’s not. Stay your base!

Your siblings are not Kids, they’ll live and survive without You. Do the best you can and leave everything else for the lord to Handle..
my siblings are in their early 20s
Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by Mariangeles(f): 1:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
ebuka10box:
thanks ,I'm grateful. I happen to be the next of kin .what happens to her benefits cause if I stay here it ain't gonna be possible,I need to be present and heard it takes time to process all that . In that course,I might loose my job and work permit

What country are you in?
Do you earn much there?
Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by ebuka10box(m): 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2021
Mariangeles:

What country are you in?
Do you earn much there?
uae
The salary is quite kk but benefits will definitely go a longer way than my salary but it will take time
Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2021
Stay where you are. You can take a leave from your job to visit Nigeria and put things in order or do whatever you need to do there, then go back to the UAE. You can also help your siblings migrate there.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by GboyegaD(m): 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2021
Depending on the country you are, you could try sell funding options available for your younger ones to come for graduate studies even if you have to cosign student loans for them. You can also pursue same for your elder sister.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by Mariangeles(f): 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2021
ebuka10box:
uae
The salary is quite kk but benefits will definitely go a longer way than my salary but it will take time

Then, I suggest you come back and claim your mother's benefits for you and your siblings.
You can always go back if and when you want.
Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by ebuka10box(m): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2021
Mariangeles:

Then, I suggest you come back and claim your mother's benefits for you and your siblings.
You can always go back if and when you want.

thanks
Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by emmanuelbrown26: 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2021
ebuka10box:
my siblings are in their early 20s
Bia nwokem, zoo wey u sabi before is not the same zoo again.
Umunne gi bucha adult na, why u dey worry yourself unnecessarily.
See this is not the best and right time to return to naija wey everybody dey pray to comot.
If na landed property your parents left behind, just fence/wall it Atleast 7-8 feet high. If na building wey dem leave behind, let your sister manage it pending when naija go dey alright for u to come back. Then u can now start plan on how to take your siblings along with u, since u misses them wela.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by ebuka10box(m): 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2021
What happens to my family house in the village,like I said earlier I don't think I or my siblings got any business in the village at this moment. You can see the graves of my parents beside each other. The apartment was being renovated and was on decking level before I lost them .

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by Mariangeles(f): 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
ebuka10box:
What happens to my family house in the village,like I said earlier I don't think I or my siblings got any business in the village at this moment. You can see the graves of my parents beside each other. The apartment was being renovated and was on decking level before I lost them .

You don't need to make any hasty decision for now, you know?
Don't put too much pressure on yourself.
Just take your time and allow yourself grieve over your parents.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by ebuka10box(m): 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2021
Mariangeles:

You don't need to make any hasty decision for now, you know?
Don't put too much pressure on yourself.
Just take your time and allow yourself grieve over your parents.
yeah I know but u know when u loose two major source of income in a space of a month ,u become scared about life and whats gonna happen in future. That's y I'm really bothered

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by SirDaVinci: 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2021
Yes, it takes time to process and even if you come back you won't be able to get everything, people on ground still find it difficult to get the benefits of their deceased ones.

This is when yon need to prioritize things, whats best for YOU and whats best for your siblings. always carry them along and let them know you have their best interest at heart.

ebuka10box:

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by ebuka10box(m): 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2021
SirDaVinci:
Yes, it takes time to process and even if you come back you won't be able to get everything, people on ground still find it difficult to get the benefits of their deceased ones.

This is when yon need to prioritize things, whats best for YOU and whats best for your siblings. always carry them along and let them know you have their best interest at heart.

thanks sir
Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by portplus: 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
ebuka10box:
thanks ,I'm grateful. I happen to be the next of kin .what happens to her benefits cause if I stay here it ain't gonna be possible, I need to be present and heard it takes time to process all that . In that course,I might loose my job and work permit

I understand.

You need to weigh the options.
Depending on what the assets are, if the are landed properties....... secure the documents and get a trusted solicitor (get one by referral) to manage the assets.

If they are shares and money in bank, start the process of getting a letter of administration next time you are opportune to come back home. It takes between 3 to 12 months. Just submit the documents to the court and get someone to help you follow-up.

Although it takes time, you don't have to be present through-out the process....you can file/submit the required documents to the court and allow your siblings to follow-up.

However if you feel relocating will offer you more income, then you need to come back....but consider the risk and current hash operating current environment for investments.

In all don't be in haste to relocate now.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by chival(f): 7:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
Whatever you do, do not quit your job and return to Nigeria. I guarantee you will regret it. Help your siblings from wherever you are located. Have a meeting with them and come up with ideas on how whatever your parents left you all can be converted to a lifelong source of income. Accept my condolences.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by chival(f): 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

Bia nwokem, zoo wey u sabi before is not the same zoo again.
Umunne gi bucha adult na, why u dey worry yourself unnecessarily.
See this is not the best and right time to return to naija wey everybody dey pray to comot.
If na landed property your parents left behind, just fence/wall it Atleast 7-8 feet high. If na building wey dem leave behind, let your sister manage it pending when naija go dey alright for u to come back. Then u can now start plan on how to take your siblings along with u, since u misses them wela.
My sentiments exactly.
Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by AutoChick4U(f): 8:30pm On Nov 23, 2021
ebuka10box:
thanks sir
Dont let ur village people manipulate you into coming back pls. Be prayerful as well
Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by ebuka10box(m): 8:56pm On Nov 23, 2021
portplus:

I understand.

You need to weigh the options.
Depending on what the assets are, if the are landed properties....... secure the documents and get a trusted solicitor (get one by referral) to manage the assets.

If they are shares and money in bank, start the process of getting a letter of administration next time you are opportune to come back home. It takes between 3 to 12 months. Just submit the documents to the court and get someone to help you follow-up.

Although it takes time, you don't have to be present through-out the process....you can file/submit the required documents to the court and allow your siblings to follow-up.

However if you feel relocating will offer you more income, then you need to come back....but consider the risk and current hash operating current environment for investments.

In all don't be in haste to relocate now.
thanks,I'm grateful
Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 23, 2021
Your siblings are adults already, and I'm certain they can take care of themselves. You better stay where you are and establish yourself.

The route you're trying to embark on will lead you to regret and stagnation.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by Richy4(m): 8:58pm On Nov 23, 2021
I heard that there's no job in Nigeria unless u want to open up a business over there when U get back..
>> Thank God for technology now.. people can zoom, Skype, video call etc
>>The goal is to get closer to your remaining family/, siblings.. zoom can do that with minimum data

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by portplus: 8:02am On Nov 24, 2021
ebuka10box:

There things your siblings can start doing to make the process easy and save some time by taking the following steps while waiting for the convenient time to visit home.

1. Any of your siblings can help to get the Death Certificate of your parents from National Population Commission......each should cost between 2k to 5k.
2. Any of your siblings can help to the High Court in your state of origin and ask for the Probate Section and collect the a form....between 2k and 5k
3. They can send you a copy of the Probate Form for you to study and know the information required...(they are basic information you are familiar with).

When you have the opportunity to visit home
4. (a) Fill the Probate Forms. And submit the Probate Form to the court.
4. (b) Get a Bank Confirmation Letter for all the banks they used from the court...go to any major branch of the banks.
4. (c.) For shares go to the their Stock Brokers office and ask for the procedure of claiming their shares.

5. Don't involve in any struggle or agitation to claim any ancestral land.
Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by Mstick: 9:04am On Nov 24, 2021
Don't quit your job.
Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by ebuka10box(m): 11:02am On Nov 24, 2021
portplus:

There things your siblings can start doing to make the process easy and save some time by taking the following steps while waiting for the convenient time to visit home.

1. Any of your siblings can help to get the Death Certificate of your parents from National Population Commission......each should cost between 2k to 5k.
2. Any of your siblings can help to the High Court in your state of origin and ask for the Probate Section and collect the a form....between 2k and 5k
3. They can send you a copy of the Probate Form for you to study and know the information required...(they are basic information you are familiar with).

When you have the opportunity to visit home
4. (a) Fill the Probate Forms. And submit the Probate Form to the court.
4. (b) Get a Bank Confirmation Letter for all the banks they used from the court...go to any major branch of the banks.
4. (c.) For shares go to the their Stock Brokers office and ask for the procedure of claiming their shares.

5. Don't involve in any struggle or agitation to claim any ancestral land.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by Freelane33(m): 4:19am On Dec 06, 2021
My one cent .pls don’t come back to nigeria , I take Allah beg u .instead find money make u get. Your siblings to uae , find work for them and let them start their lives as an adult .UAE is not good , UAE is not good , meh you can’t compare it to that Fractured and God forgotten country called Nigeria, Nigeria is the worst nation on earth , get them to uae , get them better jobs with you little connections .
let them start their own life too .I’m a barrister in muwella Sharja ( I learnt the skill within 3 weeks and I’m doing good for myself now )
Concerning the benefit you can always find a way to go around that as a man
Concerning the properties . Rent the properties out , find a reliable lawyer to help you manage them .

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion by aminusodiq(m): 10:25am On Dec 13, 2021
Freelane33:
My one cent .pls don’t come back to nigeria , I take Allah beg u .instead find money make u get. Your siblings to uae , find work for them and let them start their lives as an adult .UAE is not good , UAE is not good , meh you can’t compare it to that Fractured and God forgotten country called Nigeria, Nigeria is the worst nation on earth , get them to uae , get them better jobs with you little connections .
let them start their own life too .I’m a barrister in muwella Sharja ( I learnt the skill within 3 weeks and I’m doing good for myself now )
Concerning the benefit you can always find a way to go around that as a man
Concerning the properties . Rent the properties out , find a reliable lawyer to help you manage them .
can i meet you sir... Im planing to come to uae this December

(1) (Reply)

Childness In One's Marriage, What If Your Hubby Brought In A 2nd Wife? / Ladies, Which Would Your Prefare: A Man That Drinks Or Smokes Or Cheats On You? / Early Morning Fart, Is It A Sign Of Sickness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.