Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,269 members, 7,829,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

No Christ No Fruit Or No Fruit No Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Christ No Fruit Or No Fruit No Christ (193 Views)

No Christ, No Glory. / Book Of Romans (We are baptized to produce fruit or good deed for GOD) / Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Christ No Fruit Or No Fruit No Christ by Nothingserious: 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hi everyone,

Please which is correct?

Do they mean same thing or do they have different meanings for believers and non-believers?

Can we also say both are correct?

Do you have a biblical support for your responses?

No Christ No fruit

Or

No fruit No Christ.
Re: No Christ No Fruit Or No Fruit No Christ by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2021
Nothingserious:
Hi everyone,
Please which is correct?
Do they mean same thing or do they have different meanings for believers and non-believers?
No Christ No fruit
Or
No fruit No Christ.
John 15 is where you find your answer
5 “I am the vine, and you are the branches. If you stay joined to me, and I to you, you will produce plenty of fruit. But separated from me you won’t be able to do anything.
6 If you don’t stay joined to me, you will be like a branch that has been thrown out and has dried up. All the dead branches like that are gathered up, thrown into the fire and burned.
7 Stay joined together with me, and follow my teachings. If you do this, you can ask for anything you want, and it will be given to you.
8 Show that you are my followers by producing much fruit. This will bring honor to my Father. - John 15 vs 5 - 8
So, "No Jesus Christ, no fruit" ? undecided
Re: No Christ No Fruit Or No Fruit No Christ by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:37pm On Nov 23, 2021
Nothingserious:

Hi everyone,
Please which is correct?
No Christ No fruit
Or
No fruit No Christ.

If your religion can't point or present a notable FRUIT that stands out then it simply means you have no business with Christ:

By their FRUITS you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? Likewise, every good tree produces fine FRUIT, but every rotten tree produces worthless FRUIT. A good tree cannot bear worthless FRUIT, nor can a rotten tree produce fine FRUIT! Matthew 7:16-18
We have all sinned and fall short of God's glory {Romans 3:23} that's why none of us can have the qualities of God's Holy Spirit in complete because we were born and raised as imperfect humans.
The trees here means religious groups each of us belongs to, so if your religion can't present it's FRUIT having all the qualities of God's Holy Spirit {Galatians 5:22-23} then you're not connected to Christ! smiley
Re: No Christ No Fruit Or No Fruit No Christ by Nothingserious: 10:27pm On Nov 23, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

If your religion can't point or present a notable FRUIT that stands out then it simply means you have no business with Christ:

By their FRUITS you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? Likewise, every good tree produces fine FRUIT, but every rotten tree produces worthless FRUIT. A good tree cannot bear worthless FRUIT, nor can a rotten tree produce fine FRUIT! Matthew 7:16-18
We have all sinned and fall short of God's glory {Romans 3:23} that's why none of us can have the qualities of God's Holy Spirit in complete because we were born and raised as imperfect humans.
The trees here means religious groups each of us belongs to, so if your religion can't present it's FRUIT having all the qualities of God's Holy Spirit {Galatians 5:22-23} then you're not connected to Christ! smiley

Thanks.

So which is right? No Christ, no fruit or no Fruit, no Christ?
Re: No Christ No Fruit Or No Fruit No Christ by Nothingserious: 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
John 15 is where you find your answer

So, "No Jesus Christ, no fruit" ? undecided

Great contribution.

Don’t you think “no fruit, no Christ” talks to one who claims to have believed in Christ but isn’t living the life. Someone could say “ you claim to be Christ’s but have nothing to show for it. If I don’t see the fruit of Christ ( Christ-likeness) in you, then I don’t think you belong to Christ”.

Would that make sense of that statement?

Furthermore, what if “no Christ, no fruit” is the Genesis of it all, like John 15 says, without being United with Christ, we won’t even bear fruit at all. Anyone who wants to beat fruit be connected to Christ first. And anyone who claims to be of Christ’s, must have evidence of fruitfulness or Christ likeness to be called Christ’s.

Does this make both statements valid?

“Bring forth fruit that is consistent with repentance [let your lives prove your change of heart];

And do not presume to say to yourselves, We have Abraham for our forefather; for I tell you, God is able to raise up descendants for Abraham from these stones!

And already the ax is lying at the root of the trees; every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭3:8-10‬ ‭AMPC‬‬

“Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name and driven out demons in Your name and done many mighty works in Your name?

And then I will say to them openly (publicly), I never knew you; depart from Me, you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands]. [Ps. 6:8.]

So everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts upon them [obeying them] will be like a sensible (prudent, practical, wise) man who built his house upon the rock.

And the rain fell and the floods came and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:22-25‬ ‭AMPC‬‬
Re: No Christ No Fruit Or No Fruit No Christ by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
Nothingserious:

Thanks.
So which is right? No Christ, no fruit or no Fruit, no Christ?
You're saying the same thing but rephrasing it!

Without Christ your religious group can't bear any positive fruit as in fine result {John 15:4} and without the expected positive result Jesus doesn't know your group even if your religion is using Jesus' name to perform miracles everyday! Matthew 7:21-23 smiley

1 Like

Re: No Christ No Fruit Or No Fruit No Christ by Nothingserious: 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You're saying the same thing but rephrasing it!

Without Christ your religious group can't bear any positive fruit as in fine result {John 15:4} and without the expected positive result Jesus doesn't know your group even if your religion is using Jesus' name to perform miracles everyday! Matthew 7:21-23 smiley

Yeah. Thanks for the balanced view
Re: No Christ No Fruit Or No Fruit No Christ by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
Nothingserious:

Yeah. Thanks for the balanced view
You're welcome in Jesus name! smiley

1 Like

Re: No Christ No Fruit Or No Fruit No Christ by Nothingserious: 10:50pm On Nov 23, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You're welcome in Jesus name! smiley

Amen!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jungle “justice”: Whatsapp Group Admin Nearly Beaten By Members For Posting ‘sai / Lionel Messi And Antonela Perfect Love Story / The Witch Crraft Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.