Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Who Signs Sneijder, Man Utd Or Chelsea? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Signs Sneijder, Man Utd Or Chelsea? (1020 Views)

Wesley Sneijder Has Completed Manchester United Deal / Manchester City Signs Wesley Sneijder / Manchester United Abandon Sneijder Pursuit For New Playmaker Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Signs Sneijder, Man Utd Or Chelsea? by DaDoctor: 11:46am On Jun 09, 2011
Chelsea are leading the chase to sign Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder in a £30m deal – with Manchester United also well in the frame.

The Dutch playmaker is apparently demanding £175,000-a-week to move to the Premier League, but Guus Hiddink is keen to land the World Cup star before he arrives at Stamford Bridge for a second spell at the club.

Hiddink is likely to be appointed Chelsea boss ahead of the new season with media reports suggesting the outgoing Turkey coach has made Sneijder his number one target.

Inter paid £13m to land Sneijder from Real Madrid two years ago, but his valuation soared after his performances inspired the Netherlands to reach the World Cup final a year ago.

This came only a month or so after Sneijder played a leading role as Inter reached the Champions League final before beating Bayern Munich to claim their third European Cup.

Inter President Massimo Moratti has not given up of keeping the player at the San Siro, who has been interesting United for over a year.

“The interest from Manchester United in Sneijder is real, but I didn’t look into it in an attempt not to fall into temptation,” said Moratti at the time of the World Cup.

“I’m following him at the World Cup and I think I’ll do the same also at Inter for the next years.”

Sneijder is said to be keen to move to Manchester United as the natural replacement for the retired Paul Scholes, but the stumbling block could be his high wage demands.

Talks with Chelsea could begin this week with United also keen to open negotiations with the former Ajax player. Sneijder’s wife would apparently prefer a move to London.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201106093242681

(1) (Reply)

If It Is Not Webb, It Clattenberg - WHY? / Pep Guardiola Advises Manchester City Star To Leave The Club / Uefa Fixtures:no Hope 4 English Teams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.