Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Please Prioritize Your Friendship - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Prioritize Your Friendship (247 Views)

What’s Your Worst Friendship Betrayal Experience? / A Three-step Approach To Prioritize Your Work More Effectively / The True Test Of Friendship... The Few Unpopular Truths... - Meme List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Prioritize Your Friendship by bummyla(m): 12:15am On Nov 25, 2021
Please Prioritize Your Friendship, not everybody is allowed inside the Holy of Holies, Be Wise, Be Guarded,

I just remembered now! I have a friend! A very good friend! I love him like a brother! Him and all his siblings love me too, as "Their Adopted Senior Brother"

The first day he introduced me to their mum, he said: "Mum, meet your son! Our adopted senior brother from another parent." His siblings chorused: "True Mum! Our Senior Brother!" The old lady laughed so hard, we caught her from falling to the ground!

But that's not where I am going to this evening!

A couple of years back, when I was a bachelor and he was an undergraduate, he would always call me: "Big Bros! Where are you"

"At home"

"Okay! am coming to WASTE 2 hours in your house"

"Am coming to WASTE 4 hours in your house!"

"Am coming to WASTE this evening or this weekend in your house".

And his choice of words will infuriate me! I will curse him! I will abuse! I will warn him!
https://jesus.bingo/2021/11/25/please-prioritize-your-friendship-not-everybody-is-allowed-inside-the-holy-of-holies-be-wise-be-guarded/

No matter angry I was with him, he will find a way to brush it aside and apologize! But will still repent the same words some other time.

And this went on for like 3 years! I will always blame myself for picking his calls or for not slamming the door on his face.

Fast forward 5 years later, he graduated! Started hustling! God picked his calls almost immediately. In 4 years he has bought and used up to 5 different cars, could afford some quality luxuries! Became successful in his businesses.

And in 5 years he has refused to show or invite any of his old friends to his new apartment nor his office. He will always make excuses! He once told me, his house is his sanctuary, he doesn't need disturbance at all there! His office is for business transactions, not a meeting point for friends.

But a couple of years back, he would call to inform me that he is coming to while away time in my own sanctuary! Placing demands at my own expenses.

I still love him like a friend and a younger brother! Will always do! And I know he will always value our friendship and brotherliness!

Their mother still hugs and prays for me. His siblings still honor me as their "Senior Bros!"

But we have prioritized our friendship!

Please Prioritize Your Friendship, not everybody is allowed inside the Holy of Holies!

Be Wise! Be Guarded!

(1) (Reply)

Payment Solution Excites Nigerians: Everyone Can Now Pay Sharp Sharp / Nigerians React To Sanwo-oluo's Call For Peace Walk & Falz Rejection / Self Taught Drivers ..share Ur Funny Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.