Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic (42001 Views)

NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles / Chelsea Results Since Interim Manager Frank Lampard Took Over / Manchester United Appoints Ralf Rangnick As Interim Manager (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by fergie001: 4:39pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ralf Rangnick has reached an agreement with Manchester United to become their interim manager.

The 63-year-old, who is seen as the ‘godfather’ of modern coaching in Germany, is leaving his job as head of sports and development at Lokomotiv Moscow to take up the role.

The Athletic understands the agreement is subject to Rangnick’s current club, Lokomotiv, agreeing to release him from his contract, although Manchester United do not anticipate this to be a problem.

Rangnick has agreed a six-month deal until the end of May. He will have a further two years in a consultancy role.

Work permit reasons mean he will not be in charge in time for the weekend’s game at Chelsea.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was dismissed as United manager on Sunday morning after their 4-1 defeat to Watford. The result left them eighth in the Premier League.

United made it clear that they would look to hire an interim manager until the end of the season and they quickly moved for Rangnick, who has previously managed Hannover, Schalke, Hoffenheim and RB Leipzig.

He also took little-known German side Ulm to the Bundesliga for the first time in their history at the start of this century.

Rangnick has also had significant success as a director of football. He held that role for both Red Bull Salzburg and RB Leipzig from 2012 onwards, while having brief stints as manager at Leipzig.

After Rangnick took that role, Leipzig rose from the regional league — the fourth tier — to the Bundesliga.

The Athletic

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by fergie001: 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
Nice pick ..... Endorsed!

121 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by KingEverest: 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2021
embarassed, he`s brave taking this job manu is like a sinking ship

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by amnesty7: 4:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
grin
I thought Ronaldo would solve all their problems.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Kinzo0917(m): 4:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
Nice one. I blv he will succeed in man united

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Diamondniyi(m): 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2021
I will like this coach if He can rotate that team and stop using maguire

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Joebayo217: 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
I don't really know much about dis man but my mind keep telling me dat he's going to succeed as d interim coach good luck

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2021
So united envy chelsea and liverpool this much that they went and brought (kloop and tucheal) mentors undecided..

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by fergie001: 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2021
Tonymegabush1:
So united envy chelsea and liverpool this much that they went and brought (kloop and tucheal) mentors undecided..
It's not envy....United want him to move up as a Consultant at the end of May, something they have lacked for a while.

I like the "godfather" of gegenpress....He rejected the Chelsea job before they went for Tuchel, you can research on that!

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Bekermann(m): 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
Not a name alot off football fans are familiar with, but I believe he'll do a solid work in Manchester. He laid down the foundations of club's under the Red Bull franchise are currently building on.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Pastorjohn2: 5:04pm On Nov 25, 2021
Satanic red devils hiring a man that looks devilish

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by BIGDADDY000(m): 5:04pm On Nov 25, 2021
Honestly what happen to MICHAEL CARRICK?

dude can even be our interim manager till we get a full time manager,

at least he has got an experience.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Zainabthegirl1(f): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
Good

1 Like

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
amnesty7:
grin

If the zombies find you, there'll be no brain for them to eat....

Somehow you had to bring Ronaldo into this matter

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Earthquakes: 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
D
Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by JavaScript90: 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
I hope he will perform. Let us know what the problem of cr7 is.
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups.
I have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market and built to mimic the features of Nigeria property center. Learn more about this real estate website from the link on my signature.
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile

1 Like

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Gkay1(m): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
Problem not dey finish. I m not sure this man can save United from this storm they find themselves. Let's wait and see sha

2 Likes

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
I pray he finds it easy to cope in england his past managerials records tells just how good he is but england is not Germany and the atmosphere is all new to him. GGMU

5 Likes

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Soffyh(m): 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
Mumu’s
Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Fuckthamods: 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
Hope he succeeds..
Klopp Tuchel Flick Nagelsmann are all his sons

15 Likes

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Openifemy: 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
Chaii.

This man go change man utd.
I just hope he won't be able to be in charge wen my darling chelsea plays united sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by ThierryJay: 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2021
This guy that looks like Daniel Craig (James Bond)

3 Likes

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by NwaNimo1(m): 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2021

4 Likes

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by ceeceeco: 5:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
Welcome to the Theatre of Dreams Ralf Rangnick aka the Professor(The gegenpressing master). This is a positive move. Nice one from the Manchester United board.

23 Likes

Re: Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic by Kingcalls: 5:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
amnesty7:
grin

At least he solved their problem by giving them top spot in the UCL group , even under terrible circumstances that they hv been facing

58 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mikel Obi's Girlfriend Olga Shares Cute Picture Of Him With Their Twins / Photo Of Muhammad Ali With His Mother! RIP / Sergio Aguero Drops Premier League Title In Street Parade (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.