Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Ok - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ok (2504 Views)

Ok / Ok / Ok (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ok by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ok

9 Likes

Re: Ok by shawante(m): 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2021
Bro you knew you were in a tight position and yet you had to borrow to give your relation abroad with health issues thereby putting you and your family in jeopardy..

It was a selfless move on your part but you should have thought about your family too. Probably if you had that money you wouldn't have had the need type this.

But finally God in heaven knows best
Re: Ok by aanuoluwami14(f): 5:43pm On Nov 25, 2021
Inside life

1 Like

Re: Ok by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
shawante:
Bro you knew you were in a tight position and yet you had to borrow to give your relation abroad with health issues thereby putting you and your family in jeopardy..

It was a selfless move on your part but you should have thought about your family too. Probably if you had that money you wouldn't have had the need type this.

I was expecting money from other sources which didn't come through..
That boy risked so many things for me so I had to do same for him.. You won't understand

1 Like

Re: Ok by Ayo081(m): 5:55pm On Nov 25, 2021
shawante:

You're funny and selfish, that's if you didn't see the part the OP mentioned what his brother did to help him and why he didn't complete the SA move undecided

1 Like

Re: Ok by shawante(m): 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
southniyikaye:
That boy risked so many things for me so I had to do same for him.. You won't understand
Mehn I clearly understand.. But most people in your shoes would probably offer a little assistance. E.g.. If they had about 100k on them they might offer him about 30k. But in your case you even had to borrow to send to him.

And like I said earlier that was selfless of you
Re: Ok by shawante(m): 6:14pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ayo081:

You're funny and selfish, that's if you didn't see the part the OP mentioned what his brother did to help him and why he didn't complete the SA move undecided
It's not about being funny or selfish.. His relation helped him with 1.3m which is very commendable but probably his relation had about 15m on him when he decided to help him with the money.(am just giving instances).

But O. P went out of his way to even borrow money to send to him when he was in need.(probably if the case were reversed his relation wouldn't do the same)

Finally all am trying to say is that O. P is a one in a lifetime kind of guy, which is good but life is cruel and sometimes we have to face realities
Re: Ok by Gnosticstudent(m): 6:16pm On Nov 25, 2021
southniyikaye:
Saw a thread that made fp about depression..

https://www.nairaland.com/6862535/fg-job-how-name-replaced

I wish to keep this post as short as possible but it seems it's gonna be a long read..

I was the first to comment and people say I should share this story even though I have promised to never share any of my stories on nairaland again, this might just be the last one...
This is not to woop up sentiment or a self pity thread, just want people to be careful when you try to cyber bully people thinking you are catching cruise.
So last year from around Feb to may, I was an ardent begger on nairaland that I was even nicknamed the nairaland's president of begger, he no get where my account no dey.. Every begging or giveaway thread, I dey...
But around may or June last year, God came through for me.. I want to make this post as short as possible..
Firstly when I wrote about being suicidal, alot of nairanders came through. I thank Mr Bello, that man sent me total of 110k.it was like magic cos what we talked about was around 30k to start business..
Stupidity (this is a moniker on nairaland) too gave me 20k.i made about 15k from giveaway threads.
Then a brother of mine abroad came through and gave me approximately 1.3m..
All these came in a space of 1month..
Let me say this, you might not believe in prayers but alot of fasting and prayers happened in my life from January till God answered my prayers.. Mr Bello was God sent.. Apart from the money, he gave me alot of encouraging words, gave me directions and how to channel my prayers..
To the purpose of this thread..
Believe this or not, I spend more than 250k helping others both online and offline..
I tried about 3 businesses that failed and I was left with about 500k till I finally did a retail business that gave me more than 2m savings.
I was supposed to travel to South Africa around August, I was given a visa already but I was supposed to do some things in Lagos for like a month before moving to S.A.
So I sold my retail shop(first mistake) even though alot of people adviced me seriously against it, but I already made up my mind since I won't be needing it anymore..
I was in Lagos when my host told me I won't be coming to S.A again due to unforseen circumstances,na from there I know say I Don enter one chance..
The plan was to open a fabrication shop for me in S.A, accommodation will be provided.
This host was my bro who sent me money, he sent me a separate money for S.A processing and the plan was going on smoothly till I got to Lagos..
So I had to come back to ibadan but business was gone so I improvised...
Now, I and my wife settled our differences, I won't be gojng into much details but families intervened and not being a father figure in my kids life was painful to me as they are growing and always wanted to be with me..
So I got an apartment in ib, furnished it to taste(atleast grin) and moved my family to ib, everyone was happy..
I know people might want to refer to my previous thread about family but everything was cool now as I prayed over it in 3-4 diff places..
I am leaving alot of details out cos the post is getting long already..
She has something good doing before coming, she was making good money in her work place, (she left the bar for a decent job) and she told me she can't come to me and be jobless.
She told me what she will like to do and I told her I got everything covered..
Plan was in motion and my new area has an advantage of doing same retail business I was doing before and the way am seeing it, the sales will be more than my former place..
I got a space for my fabrication job and everything seems perfect until my brother in S.A had a serious health issue.
This is someone that came through for me twice, this health issue was already developing that's why he didn't want me to come to him..
I sent everything I could gather and even borrowed more just to make sure he is OK..
That's how my financial mess started..
My family is already here and to feed became a serious issue. My wife has nothing doing, we've spent every penny she saved on kids school fees and feeding, she cries everyday and this breaks my heart.
She tried looking for work and none was forthcoming.. I too tried looking for job and what am being offered is nothing to write home about.
I even put up my big generator, big fridge I bought for her business and some other new house hold things for sale and the prices people are offering me heenn, it is well..
About 2weeks now, I was talking to someone when I started stammering, then I lost my voice... I was trying to make hand gesture to the person that have lost my voice when I started folding from inside, then I collapsed..
It took more than an hour to resuscitate me but believe me, I wish I died and be done with this world.. (was told it was an extremely low BP).
People will not understand the financial pressure am in and the fact that I made my wife resigned from her work to just live as a family and she is now jobless and crying everyday breaks my heart..
She tried her best cos everybody know what it takes to feed nowadays, now imagine feeding a family of four!
Last week, someone who knows me offline but I don't know was making jest of me on this platform, saying derogatory words..
No matter what, you don't beat a man that is already down. I was just getting myself from that collapse when he made that statement...

So, this is what I went through in the space of a year..
I didn't go into details and I know people will want to know the type of business that gave me such amount withing a year.. Not gonna hide anything but if I mention it, alot of people will know who I am cos I know alot of those in my area and even my previous customers are on this platform.
About my brother's issue, it is more serious than I wrote here but that too is supposed to be confidential..
Cc tmksouth, I don't know how far your reach in S.A is but I will appreciate if I can contact you and pls anyone that lives in cape Town..

What made me seriously depressed is this, this is the 3rd time am at the point of my breakthrough that this type of shit is happening and each phase of it is worse than the previous..
I have never been diabolical but shey my head no need washing and setting like this?
Abi shey I no go go ask why always me? Shebi na people Sha dey do long time business and succeeding without issues..

My advice to people is this, yoruba will say, MA titori pe o gbo kun kun Ojo ko da omi agbada nu.. (no becos say u believe say rain go fall make you troway drum water).
If i had leased my business and not sold it, I would have something to fall back to now..

Another is, always resist the urge to shalaye and keep your life private as much as possible, he get why. Expecially your success story or propose successes...

Ishilove
Pocahontas
I purposely tagged these two people cos they are familiar with my story and to let them know say, person wey do you bad today fit make you happy tomorrow..

Pocohantas

Don't throw in the towel, you would rise again..
Re: Ok by Ayo081(m): 6:28pm On Nov 25, 2021
shawante:
It's not about being funny or selfish.. His relation helped him with 1.3m which is very commendable but probably his relation had about 15m on him when he decided to help him with the money.(am just giving instances).

But O. P went out of his way to even borrow money to send to him when he was in need.(probably if the case were reversed his relation wouldn't do the same)

Finally all am trying to say is that O. P is a one in a lifetime kind of guy, which is good but life is cruel and sometimes we have to face realities

I'm sure if you're a friend to the OP's cousin, you might question why he sent 1.3M, making all expense move and establishment for the OP in SA undecided

1 Like

Re: Ok by devilmaycry: 6:41pm On Nov 25, 2021
Op tap ur chest and repeat after me

All is well

1 Like

Re: Ok by Saintmary(f): 7:04pm On Nov 25, 2021
Oga, I've read a lot of your topics and I must say that I'm shocked you would run into challenges after you made up with your wife.

Mind you, things turned out well for you when you followed the advice that you should leave the woman.

I think, since you want to keep your family together, and it seems your wife has a spiritual problem, join hands together with her in prayers and fasting.
Pray for forgiveness and mercy.
Don't go to ANY prophet or cleric.
Do it alone with her. Then the battle will be won and you can be together.

It will be hard but it's definitely worth it.

8 Likes

Re: Ok by edoman2016: 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
southniyikaye:
Saw a thread that made fp about depression..

https://www.nairaland.com/6862535/fg-job-how-name-replaced

I wish to keep this post as short as possible but it seems it's gonna be a long read..

I was the first to comment and people say I should share this story even though I have promised to never share any of my stories on nairaland again, this might just be the last one...
This is not to woop up sentiment or a self pity thread, just want people to be careful when you try to cyber bully people thinking you are catching cruise.
So last year from around Feb to may, I was an ardent begger on nairaland that I was even nicknamed the nairaland's president of begger, he no get where my account no dey.. Every begging or giveaway thread, I dey...
But around may or June last year, God came through for me.. I want to make this post as short as possible..
Firstly when I wrote about being suicidal, alot of nairanders came through. I thank Mr Bello, that man sent me total of 110k.it was like magic cos what we talked about was around 30k to start business..
Stupidity (this is a moniker on nairaland) too gave me 20k.i made about 15k from giveaway threads.
Then a brother of mine abroad came through and gave me approximately 1.3m..
All these came in a space of 1month..
Let me say this, you might not believe in prayers but alot of fasting and prayers happened in my life from January till God answered my prayers.. Mr Bello was God sent.. Apart from the money, he gave me alot of encouraging words, gave me directions and how to channel my prayers..
To the purpose of this thread..
Believe this or not, I spend more than 250k helping others both online and offline..
I tried about 3 businesses that failed and I was left with about 500k till I finally did a retail business that gave me more than 2m savings.
I was supposed to travel to South Africa around August, I was given a visa already but I was supposed to do some things in Lagos for like a month before moving to S.A.
So I sold my retail shop(first mistake) even though alot of people adviced me seriously against it, but I already made up my mind since I won't be needing it anymore..
I was in Lagos when my host told me I won't be coming to S.A again due to unforseen circumstances,na from there I know say I Don enter one chance..
The plan was to open a fabrication shop for me in S.A, accommodation will be provided.
This host was my bro who sent me money, he sent me a separate money for S.A processing and the plan was going on smoothly till I got to Lagos..
So I had to come back to ibadan but business was gone so I improvised...
Now, I and my wife settled our differences, I won't be gojng into much details but families intervened and not being a father figure in my kids life was painful to me as they are growing and always wanted to be with me..
So I got an apartment in ib, furnished it to taste(atleast grin) and moved my family to ib, everyone was happy..
I know people might want to refer to my previous thread about family but everything was cool now as I prayed over it in 3-4 diff places..
I am leaving alot of details out cos the post is getting long already..
She has something good doing before coming, she was making good money in her work place, (she left the bar for a decent job) and she told me she can't come to me and be jobless.
She told me what she will like to do and I told her I got everything covered..
Plan was in motion and my new area has an advantage of doing same retail business I was doing before and the way am seeing it, the sales will be more than my former place..
I got a space for my fabrication job and everything seems perfect until my brother in S.A had a serious health issue.
This is someone that came through for me twice, this health issue was already developing that's why he didn't want me to come to him..
I sent everything I could gather and even borrowed more just to make sure he is OK..
That's how my financial mess started..
My family is already here and to feed became a serious issue. My wife has nothing doing, we've spent every penny she saved on kids school fees and feeding, she cries everyday and this breaks my heart.
She tried looking for work and none was forthcoming.. I too tried looking for job and what am being offered is nothing to write home about.
I even put up my big generator, big fridge I bought for her business and some other new house hold things for sale and the prices people are offering me heenn, it is well..
About 2weeks now, I was talking to someone when I started stammering, then I lost my voice... I was trying to make hand gesture to the person that have lost my voice when I started folding from inside, then I collapsed..
It took more than an hour to resuscitate me but believe me, I wish I died and be done with this world.. (was told it was an extremely low BP).
People will not understand the financial pressure am in and the fact that I made my wife resigned from her work to just live as a family and she is now jobless and crying everyday breaks my heart..
She tried her best cos everybody know what it takes to feed nowadays, now imagine feeding a family of four!
Last week, someone who knows me offline but I don't know was making jest of me on this platform, saying derogatory words..
No matter what, you don't beat a man that is already down. I was just getting myself from that collapse when he made that statement...

So, this is what I went through in the space of a year..
I didn't go into details and I know people will want to know the type of business that gave me such amount withing a year.. Not gonna hide anything but if I mention it, alot of people will know who I am cos I know alot of those in my area and even my previous customers are on this platform.
About my brother's issue, it is more serious than I wrote here but that too is supposed to be confidential..
Cc tmksouth, I don't know how far your reach in S.A is but I will appreciate if I can contact you and pls anyone that lives in cape Town..

What made me seriously depressed is this, this is the 3rd time am at the point of my breakthrough that this type of shit is happening and each phase of it is worse than the previous..
I have never been diabolical but shey my head no need washing and setting like this?
Abi shey I no go go ask why always me? Shebi na people Sha dey do long time business and succeeding without issues..

My advice to people is this, yoruba will say, MA titori pe o gbo kun kun Ojo ko da omi agbada nu.. (no becos say u believe say rain go fall make you troway drum water).
If i had leased my business and not sold it, I would have something to fall back to now..

Another is, always resist the urge to shalaye and keep your life private as much as possible, he get why. Expecially your success story or propose successes...

Ishilove
Pocahontas
I purposely tagged these two people cos they are familiar with my story and to let them know say, person wey do you bad today fit make you happy tomorrow..
Your monicker is quite familiar to me on nairaland majorly for begging even though I am a quiet member. No need for your essay or pity stories again. That is always how you start your e-begging on this forum.

All men have some challenges in real life.

2 Likes

Re: Ok by shawante(m): 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ayo081:

I'm sure if you're a friend to the OP's cousin, you might question why he sent 1.3M, making all expense move and establishment for the OP in SA undecided
You are just typing for the sake of argument.. I don't think you are even trying to see things from my perspective
Re: Ok by Mariangeles(f): 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2021
southniyikaye:

You've always reiterated that you suffer major setbacks/misfortune every time you go back to your wife, right?
So, why did you go back to her?

3 Likes

Re: Ok by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 25, 2021
Mariangeles:

You've always reiterated that you suffer major setbacks/misfortune every time you go back to your wife, right?
So, why did you go back to her?
that's not the case, like I said, we've prayed about that and besides, those kids need both parents while growing up... From all indications, she is not the cause of this
Re: Ok by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
edoman2016:

Your monicker is quite familiar to me on nairaland majorly for begging even though I am a quiet member. No need for your essay or pity stories again. That is always how you start your e-begging on this forum.

All men have some challenges in real life.
lol, this is not a begging thread, the last time I begged on this forum was April 2020..
Even Donald trump was Tyson's manager..
He later became a president while Tyson became broke..
This post is for people like u who always cyber bully or say trash just because it is a faceless forum..
I didn't advocate for fund and you are already insinuating

3 Likes

Re: Ok by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 25, 2021
Gnosticstudent:

Pocohantas

Don't throw in the towel, you would rise again..
that's a sure thing as am making moves towards that...
Re: Ok by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2021
Saintmary:
Oga, I've read a lot of your topics and I must say that I'm shocked you would run into challenges after you made up with your wife.

Mind you, things turned out well for you when you followed the advice that you should leave the woman.

I think, since you want to keep your family together, and it seems your wife has a spiritual problem, join hands together with her in prayers and fasting.
Pray for forgiveness and mercy.
Don't go to ANY prophet or cleric.
Do it alone with her. Then the battle will be won and you can be together.

It will be hard but it's definitely worth it.
we've done that and this time around, this is not her... We even do vigils together now and I know with time, things will make sense...
Re: Ok by Mstick: 8:11pm On Nov 25, 2021
Very sad read. cry cry cry
Re: Ok by Mariangeles(f): 8:16pm On Nov 25, 2021
southniyikaye:
that's not the case, like I said, we've prayed about that and besides, those kids need both parents while growing up... From all indications, she is not the cause of this

Never give up fighting sha.
Re: Ok by Saintmary(f): 9:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
southniyikaye:
we've done that and this time around, this is not her... We even do vigils together now and I know with time, things will make sense...

I believe so. I'm really happy you're fighting this together and I'm looking forward to a bigger victory.

Don't give up.
Re: Ok by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2021
southniyikaye:

grin

You remembered this?

I am stupidity, Sorry about your ordeal. I’m surprised you took your wife back.
And 4 kids? Be calming down Abeg.
Re: Ok by Nezzjnr: 11:01pm On Nov 25, 2021
I thought everything was already going on well with you
Re: Ok by Uwaomaokey(m): 11:14pm On Nov 25, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Ok by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 25, 2021
Carchoice:

grin

You remembered this?

I am stupidity, Sorry about your ordeal. I’m surprised you took your wife back.
And 4 kids? Be calming down Abeg.
4 kids? Nope 2kids...
And alot happened bro, saw alot of changes and she can easily be discarded if she goes back her former ways but I can tell you that she is a changed person and I had to give her the benefit of doubt...
I just want those kids to grow under their parent not separated...
Thanks for last year, I appreciate
Re: Ok by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 26, 2021
undecided
Re: Ok by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 26, 2021
Nezzjnr:
I thought everything was already going on well with you
yes boss, this was recently, just about 2 months now
Re: Ok by dominique(f): 4:32am On Nov 26, 2021
You should be a billboard model for bad decisions. Why on earth would you sell off your profitable business even with relocation in sight? You should have at least temporarily put it on hold if you cannot find a reliable person to manage it for you. Find a way to gather money and resume the retail business on a small scale, hopefully it will flourish from there. It is well with you

1 Like

Re: Ok by seanwilliam(m): 5:30am On Nov 26, 2021
shawante:

Even though you sound so brutal. You’re 1000% on point
Re: Ok by seanwilliam(m): 5:36am On Nov 26, 2021
Well@ op, one thing I’m sure of is that person wey never sit down no Dey stretch legs.
Re: Ok by Homeboiy: 7:07am On Nov 26, 2021
But you said prayers helped you to achieve things

Did the prayers not help you to overcome this problem

Well you lack investment management
Re: Ok by AutoChick4U(f): 7:29am On Nov 26, 2021
southniyikaye:
See proper bad luck. Sometimes its good to keep plans to yourself. I hope d wife won't misbehave now things are tight again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Household and office items for quick sale / . / Picture Of My Beautiful Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.