Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,251 members, 7,822,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) (75467 Views)

Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica / Huge Antarctica Snow Cruiser Is Missing Since 1940 In The Antarctica(Photos) / This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by AlphaStyles(m): 8:37am On Nov 27, 2021
WOW
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by dingbang(m): 8:54am On Nov 27, 2021
prizeless:

The performance of the aircraft is top notch,if all the conditions for take-off are in place, it has no problems taking off
swears. They even said all safety precautions have been satisfied. It took several months of planning.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Mpanyi: 9:04am On Nov 27, 2021
otokx:
Just a glimpse of Science, some Nigerians will be at church tomorrow for all night service.

What has church got to do with this for goodness sake?
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Oblongata: 9:17am On Nov 27, 2021
dingbang:
if the plane land successfully, it can also take off too.
I beg to differ!

As per landing
If the runway is wide enough, there is space for skidding, a good pilot can land.

But take off is another ball game. If the grip of the tyres is low, the plane might not be able to gather speed unless the tyre is specifically built for ice grip. If the ice is thin, it might still pose some dangers.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Pootle: 9:23am On Nov 27, 2021
if that ice go break shocked...i go watch the movie
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Solidkay(m): 9:48am On Nov 27, 2021
siant:
How is this related to the article?
That feat was actually achieved by individual citizen and corporate organizations. Not the political leaders or govt.
What have you contributed in breaking new grounds and making positive histories?

Some people will just be spewing rubbish all about.

I stopped replying to mentions on NL the day I saw a teenager bashing someone on NL while inside public transit.
Am sure your one of them, you lack the needed intellect to grasp my point.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Rebuke: 10:02am On Nov 27, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

"You don't fix yourself by abusing yourself, get that into your empty skull...

You have been abusing your country yourself for how many years now? Did that fix the country, you will keep abusing your country and pass the abuse to your children and grand children but you all still remain in the same shithole you fail to fix...

You think developed nations fix their country by mocking or abusing her without finding a way to fix her? Las las we go dey alright...

Mugun, If you abuse your country you self get share for the abuse as a Nigerian". - Village People spokesperson

Where is the abuse Mr. Nigeria? Saying the truth is not an insult....get that into yhur waterlogged head. Displaying f00lisness with dignity.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by dingbang(m): 10:35am On Nov 27, 2021
Oblongata:
I beg to differ!

As per landing
If the runway is wide enough, there is space for skidding, a good pilot can land.

But take off is another ball game. If the grip of the tyres is low, the plane might not be able to gather speed unless the tyre is specifically built for ice grip. If the ice is thin, it might still pose some dangers.
and didnt you reason all these were thought of and included in the safety plans? Did you even watch the video and listen to what the pilot said? They planned for several months! Jeez.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Solidkay(m): 10:49am On Nov 27, 2021
one4GOD:
grin grin ;Dare you a comedian?

No, but I have a huge sense of humor.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Mckandre(m): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2021
Leun:
Never knew Antarctica was 5 hours away from South Africa.
not that far when its via flight but when it should be a thing of concern is when its the north pole, which would take approximately 24hrs.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Mckandre(m): 11:57am On Nov 27, 2021
Leun:
Never knew Antarctica was 5 hours away from South Africa.
not that far when its via flight but when it should be a thing of concern is when its the north pole, which would take approximately 24hrs without any stops which will be ridiculous.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Oblongata: 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
dingbang:
and didnt you reason all these were thought of and included in the safety plans? Did you even watch the video and listen to what the pilot said? They planned for several months! Jeez.
I only wanted to show you landing is easier than air lifting. Jeez!
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by dingbang(m): 12:54pm On Nov 27, 2021
Oblongata:
I only wanted to show you landing is easier than air lifting. Jeez!
you didnt get my point from the beginning!
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by KingOfAmebo(m): 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2021
Rebuke:

Where is the abuse Mr. Nigeria? Saying the truth is not an insult....get that into yhur waterlogged head. Displaying f00lisness with dignity.

"Someone that doesn't understand the difference between truth and insult deserve no sympathy...So, for your mind to dey yarb your country na truth then yarbing yourself that you are stupid is also allowed as the truth as you no wan get sense...mugun". - Village People spokesperson
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by siant: 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
Solidkay:

I stopped replying to mentions on NL the day I saw a teenager bashing someone on NL while inside public transit.
Am sure your one of them, you lack the needed intellect to grasp my point.
How is this rubbish related to my comment?
I asked a simple question: What have you achieved in contribution to invention,? You're foaming in the mouth

Foolish old man.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Rebuke: 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

"Someone that doesn't understand the difference between truth and insult deserve no sympathy...So, for your mind to dey yarb your country na truth then yarbing yourself that you are stupid is also allowed as the truth as you no wan get sense...mugun". - Village People spokesperson

I would think yhu were smart had it not been for yhur continuous display of asininity. There's always gonna be just one thing to do with a dross like yhu, placing yhu where yhu belong, litter basket, yea that's exactly where yhu belong.

Next time when yhu are trying to practice yhur puerile or jejune delinquency, make sure yhu pick yhur type.

Hope yhu enjoyed all the attention so far. I know, the dog that yhu are, yhu will surely come back seeking for garbage to eat, I am very sure yhu will prove me right..... feel free to check yhur home ( the litter basket), I am not available for a shameless dunderhead like yhu. Bye!!!
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Chiemeka1: 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2021
Hope they will find their way home?
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by victme1(m): 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2021
I laud such achievements!
Not wanting and shameless corruption.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Kayharry(m): 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

"Stop mocking your country yourself...as long as you are a Nigerian, abusing your country means abusing yourself'. - Village People spokesperson.

Not mocking my country but mocking the stupid leaders.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by wink2015(m): 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2021
WHICH DAY WILL I ENTER ANTARTICA.

I read in the news that NED NWOKO ( Regina Daniel ) Husband was in Antartica in 2020 to promote malaria bla bla.

BUT LETS TALK ABOUT THE OWNERSHIP OF ANTARTICA.

WHO OWNS IT?

Which countries can legitimately claim ownership.

New Zealand, Australia, Britain, Norway, Argentina, United States, etc are claiming ownership of that land that seems to be one of the coldest continent on earth.

I THINK SOUTH AFRICA SHOULD LAY CLAIM TO ANTARTICA.

They are one of the closes countries to Antartica including Norway.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by AuroraB(f): 7:02pm On Nov 27, 2021
otokx:
Just a glimpse of Science, some Nigerians will be at church tomorrow for all night service.
They are coming for you shocked
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by KingOfAmebo(m): 7:28pm On Nov 27, 2021
Rebuke:

I would think yhu were smart had it not been for yhur continuous display of asininity. There's always gonna be just one thing to do with a dross like yhu, placing yhu where yhu belong, litter basket, yea that's exactly where yhu belong.

Next time when yhu are trying to practice yhur puerile or jejune delinquency, make sure yhu pick yhur type.

Hope yhu enjoyed all the attention so far. I know, the dog that yhu are, yhu will surely come back seeking for garbage to eat, I am very sure yhu will prove me right..... feel free to check yhur home ( the litter basket), I am not available for a shameless dunderhead like yhu. Bye!!!

"Coming from an empty skull with a refurbished brain incapable of completing it's primary task which is to think straight...

Obviously, your brain is diluted with zobo and expired relaxer hence your senselessness". Village People Spokesperson.
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by Solidkay(m): 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2021
siant:
How is this rubbish related to my comment?
I asked a simple question: What have you achieved in contribution to invention,? You're foaming in the mouth

Foolish old man.

Wailing wailer
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by lasisi69(f): 1:12am On Dec 01, 2021
Bellerophon:
That idiot fake self acclaimed nairaland resident pastor will not see how this post is a testament to human ingenuity and tenacity! No, he will rather spend his time in his stinking attic roaming the web like a nuisance scavenging for end of the world doomsday headlines, what a pathetic waste of human life! Thanks to posters like the OP nairaland is able to seldom save face
my boy cheesy
Re: Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) by decub: 9:11am On Dec 04, 2021
Burger01:
These oyinbo people get strong mind sha... mbah, ah no go enter that plane with them to land on ice cheesy

....and that was a very smooth landing mehn!. cheesy
Fear fear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Killed By Nigerian Man In US Was A Prostitute Who Robbed Him (pics) / Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience / Meet Gadzama: The Pilot Who Flew The Crashed King Air 350 Aircraft In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.