Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

'friends Forever': Pele Remembers Maradona - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'friends Forever': Pele Remembers Maradona (147 Views)

A Picture Of President Putin, Okocha, Pele, Maradona And Kanu / NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) / 'Nobody Remembers The 8-2!' - Lewandowski Quizzed On Barca's Humiliation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'friends Forever': Pele Remembers Maradona by plethora007: 10:20am On Nov 26, 2021
"One year without Diego. Friends forever," Pele wrote on Instagram, posting a picture of the two of them embracing with big grins.

Pele and Maradona, who never faced each other on the pitch, often vie for the title of best footballer in history.

But Pele, 81, has put their sometimes-testy rivalry behind him since Maradona's death, focusing instead on the warm friendship they also shared.

"The world has lost a legend," he wrote the day Maradona died of a heart attack.

"One day, I hope, we will play soccer together in the sky."

Pele and Maradona were jointly named best player of the 20th century by FIFA in 2000 --the Brazilian chosen by a jury of experts, the Argentine in a popular vote by fans.

1 Like

Re: 'friends Forever': Pele Remembers Maradona by Deborah98(f): 10:30am On Nov 26, 2021
Keep resting king of football Diego Maradona. Don't even know him but I've heard much about him. Heard football was the most watched sport in his time. Pele too knows his onions in the field of football. Both are great players but I didn't watch any play cos I wasn't born them.
Re: 'friends Forever': Pele Remembers Maradona by KingEverest: 10:39am On Nov 26, 2021
legends indeed smiley

(1) (Reply)

Big Match Feature: AC Milan V Liverpool / Mega Weekend Bonus / Che K Out Highest Odds Review For Athletic Bilbao Vs Sevilla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.