Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,198 members, 7,845,952 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC (869 Views)

Alex Umezuruike, OSPAC Leader Killed & Beheaded In Rivers (Graphic Picture) / Man Tortured With Cutlass By OSPAC For Fighting In Rivers (Disturbing Photos) / OSPAC Invades Okomoko, Rivers State, Kills 4, Dumps Bodies In River (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by tammyf: 11:03pm On Nov 26, 2021
Hi ,really need advice here on how to go about this matter next week so I don't make mistake or lose everything.

3months ago my girlfriends father told me about a business.buying kerosene here in Port Harcourt and selling in Benin or owerri .one can make 300% per drum of sale .

He connected me to his friend into it on phone .have never seen the friend .but cos its my gf father ,an assemblies of God pastor, I threw caution in the wind and embraced emotion to delve into the business .

He gave me the friends number .I called ,sent 1.5million .to cut the long story short ,it's 3 months now and the man is at large.my gf father is confused cos he knows this man ,a fellow assistant pastor too from childhood.

Now to recover my fund I don't know how to go about it .should I arrest my poor gf father who never saw or ate a dime from it? If I use the police won't they say kpon fire is illegal? If I use ospac where will yhe poor old man get money from? I know he has a sincere heart but I need my money.if I arrest my gf father can I win the case?

So confused .somuch in my mind.
Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by Davinity: 11:15pm On Nov 26, 2021
Rather than arrest him I think you should help him find the man at large

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by tammyf: 11:18pm On Nov 26, 2021
Davinity:
Rather than arrest him I think you should help him find the man at large
@Davinity but how.the man is at large..
Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by BigYash: 11:20pm On Nov 26, 2021
Using police in this case will implicate you,and your gf's dad. But how can your gf's dad not know his friend's whereabout? Someone is not saying the truth. If you really want to get your money back,your relationship might not survive it. Because your gf's dad need tell you where his frd is or he should tell you how he intend to pay the debt,if his frd is not found. You gerrit?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by tammyf: 11:25pm On Nov 26, 2021
BigYash:
Using police in this case will implicate you,and your gf's dad. But how can your gf's dad not know his friend's whereabout? Someone is not saying the truth. If you really want to get your money back,your relationship might not survive it. Because your gf's dad need tell you where his frd is or he should tell you how he intend to pay the debt,if his frd is not found. You gerrit?

Yes I gerrit. I'm also willing to lose the relationship if need be. I can tell the police I didn't know d nature of business .
Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by BigYash: 11:27pm On Nov 26, 2021
tammyf:

Yes I gerrit. I'm also willing to lose the relationship if need be. I can tell the police I didn't know d nature of business .
Good. Then ,there is hope. Tell your gf's dad ,that you wanna involve the police by tomorrow morning, let's see his reaction.
He no trust his frd,he allowed you to send him 1.5m ,for this kind niaja where things choke so.. Make he provide his frd,they might be partners in crime. Me personally, I don't trust anybody. Pastor or not, humans are humans..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 26, 2021
Before he can recommend such business, he must have known the person very well..
Let him provide the man or your money cos he is the guarantor to the man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by tammyf: 11:33pm On Nov 26, 2021
southniyikaye:
Before he can recommend such business, he must have known the person very well..
Let him provide the man or your money cos he is the guarantor to the man
He never signed any document as a guarantor though. Everything was done verbally n out of emotion but he is never denying introducing his friend to me.
Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by Davinity: 12:20am On Nov 27, 2021
tammyf:

@Davinity but how.the man is at large..
It's an unfortunate situation but you don't have to punish the poor old man for honestly trying to introduce you to a business that would have yielded almost 3 times the money you invested.

I'll advice that instead of arresting your gf's dad, you use the police to track down the man that ran away with the money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by Staccato001: 1:13am On Nov 27, 2021
It's a pity that you allowed sentiment becloud you from doing some due findings about your would-be business partner, the risk involved and other template before going ahead to forward the capital.

We all learn everyday no doubt.

On the dilemma of using either Police or OSPAC, I would say you should go for Police. OSPAC ain't legal and there was even a time their activities were proscribed. OSPAC 'might' get you some reach, but their method is crude and deadly. Supposing after reporting to them you eventually lose a hold on their leash and which definitely you can't handle because they have their method and someone dies in the process maybe your father-in-law or even a family member of the man who eloped You will all (including the OSPAC team) be in reckoning with the law and particularly you who went patronizing an illegal outfit over equally illegal failed business dealings.

Police is better, however you will have to first ensure you're linked up with a senior officer or even someone from other sister agencies, then they can work with the Police to wade into the matter. I'm sure you have the man's phone number and your father-in-law to-be should also know one or more things about the man's family or other related individuals.

Again, I have the feeling that the man himself might have entered into trouble waters as regards that business. This is a brisk trade around Rivers and Bayelsa but highly risky and all eyes are into it. He might have been apprehended by some NSCDC/Police officials and the product seized or even duped by fake dealers. So instead of him coming out, he probably feared the worst and bolted. My thought though because I know how that business can easily get one's fingers burnt badly.

Just ensure you employ legal means to track him out and hear his story first before taking any rash action in recovery of your investment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:17am On Nov 27, 2021
Something they worry yu for head to say ospac...are they Nigerian law enforcement agency? Are they not for security? N.a. so una use drag SARs to begin enter landlord/tenant matter plus girlfriend and boyfriends issues?

You should be ashamed coming here to say all this...you could even be arrested cos you were aware of the ilegal kerosene business and your greed of making 300% gain lured you in! You be NNPC or oil marketer to sell kerosene? Then you want to arrest your girlfriend's father cos he introduced you into it. Is your girlfriend aware and have you discuss it with her? The father is sincere here, instead use the receiver account to trace him. Even if you tell police yu no Dey aware,they will still arrest you n chop you local..
Abeg better call the man, your babe and some church elders make una put head together and see how una go solve the matter!
Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by tammie24: 7:10am On Nov 27, 2021
Both of you should focus on tracking the criminal down unless your girlfriend's dad is reluctant in doing so then I would suggest you arrest him too
Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by stacyadams: 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
50k go solve the problem if u got the man phone or village.
Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by tammyf: 5:26pm On Nov 27, 2021
stacyadams:
50k go solve the problem if u got the man phone or village.
How do I get intouch with u bro
Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by fergieboy: 6:51am On Nov 28, 2021
tammyf:

How do I get intouch with u bro
Their is a Guy that does tracking here

Chatinent or chatinents is his handle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by chatinent: 8:31am On Nov 28, 2021
tammyf:

He never signed any document as a guarantor though. Everything was done verbally n out of emotion but he is never denying introducing his friend to me.

Do you have the recipient's phone number?

I can help you track him.
Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by Gud2Gr8: 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2021
chatinent:

Do you have the recipient's phone number?

I can help you track him.

@chatinent, can you help me track someone who defrauded my salesgirl of N41,000

I have his phone number and account details.

Thanks
Re: Should I Use The Police Or OSPAC by chatinent: 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2021
Gud2Gr8:

@chatinent, can you help me track someone who defrauded my salesgirl of N41,000

I have his phone number and account details.

Thanks

Tracking is the problem. Can you pay ₦30k? That's the least I can take.

(1) (Reply)

N128m Fraud: Please Give Me A Second Chance, Am A Mother Of Two - Prophetess Beg / Human Head Sold For 70k In Ogun State / Robber Falls Asleep Inside Car He Broke Into

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.