Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,001 members, 7,863,596 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:14 PM

Pattern Making For Fashion Designers - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Pattern Making For Fashion Designers (246 Views)

Elegant Aso Ebi Styles You Should Consider Making For Your Next Event / Upgrade Your Designs With Pattern Making With Ease For Fashion Designers / Learn All Things Pattern Making For Womenswear Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pattern Making For Fashion Designers by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2021
Fashion for me started pretty early, I had always been around Tailors growing up. From my mum to my grandma there was always one person.

It was fascinating watching them make a dress from start to finish, the joy was indescribable, I liked that my mum and grandma could make a dress out of just basic fabric, it was mind-blowing.

Then it started, problem upon problems, issues upon issues when it came to fittings, precision, accuracy, and FIT!
It just wasn’t always sitting right, and I didn’t know why, till I discovered patternmaking in 2016, I was sold!!!

In 2016, I started learning how to make Patterns.

As soon as I was done taking lessons in class, I would come back to watch YouTube lessons on PatternMaking.

I would make sure to try practicing all I was learning.

I did all of this till I had to go for NYSC (National Youth Service Corps for Non-Nigerian Citizen, where you get posted to a particular region to serve your country for a year.)

It was during my NYSC that everything dawned on me.
I saw how badly I had to learn the skill of Pattern making.
Interacting with people from different places, I saw the need to. The complaints were the same everywhere I met fashion designers, everyone had a problem with getting the right fit.

Everyone kept complaining about how poor their fit was.

I started asking questions about patternmaking, if they had heard about it, while some haven't heard, the majority complained about how difficult the process was.

It was at that moment I realized, it wasn't that people didn't want to add the skill of patternmaking, it was the process, it was how it was being taught, it was the way it was being explained.

With all this information, I knew I had to do something about bridging that gap.

I enjoyed making patterns, how could I simplify the processes too.

I started learning not only how to make patterns but ways to simplify learning for others. I started documenting,

I started taking notes, I started learning to make the process simple.

(1) (Reply)

Get The Best Women’s Security Guard Uniform / Neatly Braided Wigs / Buying High Quality Designer Bikinis With Affordable Price Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.