Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,409 members, 7,864,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:05 AM

It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo (41979 Views)

EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) / Michael Owen Predicts Outcome Of PSG Vs Real Madrid, Others / Juventus Completes Signing Of Cristiano Ronaldo For £105m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Chatflick(m): 11:20am On Nov 29, 2021
Kingcalls:

Really?? Only deluded minds thing messi is even upto Ronaldo.... messi that only has one goal after week 15... that can never happen to Ronaldo...messi has only scored in 3 games... Ronaldo has scored in 8 games....playing for a dead utd... messi in this present man u or juve will not score 30 goals in 4 yrs ....
You could have told me you were a child... I wouldn't have even indulged you. My bad.
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by ashjay001(m): 11:26am On Nov 29, 2021
paulolee:
DTS his opinion..big thumbs up to carrick for starting both sancho n dt bailey in dt game bcox i never expected such
Sancho got d only goal n baily had a wonderful game n I pray e keeps his shirt
united fans should get used to such surprises bcoz dt new rangnick is a master tactician n his tactical brilliance dnt support predictability...
I keep telling people dt a pep dt I know is incharge of dis squad, he wont keep starting cr7 in big games after he went silent against Leicester, Liverpool, city n even Watford...

He went silent because, man u were defending for their lives against those teams you mentioned. Against teams they attack or press, then his games shows.

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Bigchristo: 11:32am On Nov 29, 2021
iamkelvincent:

Oga messi is a better goal scorer to Ronaldo, check the goal ratio, minute per goal, hour per goals or games per goal. Ona go just dey talk off point without proper analysis.
Shut up your mouth and stop talking nonsense you have Internet yet you can’t research because of your biased reasoning.

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Barristter07: 11:50am On Nov 29, 2021
Bigchristo:
Shut up your mouth and stop talking nonsense you have Internet yet you can’t research because of your biased reasoning.

You don't seem to understand what you posted , Ronaldo played like 100+ more games, yet their goal Difference is little. 799-756 = 43. Despite playing 100+ more games.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Echara: 11:50am On Nov 29, 2021
Don27tiky:
messi is an exceptional player. It is goals that make Ronaldo mostly against smaller teams that makes people even compare him with Messi. When Portugal won euro he played a bit part in the tournament and did not contribute much to the team. But Messi won copa America as the highest goal scorer and best player of the tournament. Ronaldo has played many games against the big teams in epl and hasn’t scored much compare to Messi that has never played in the epl but has a staggering record against them. He Ronaldo has never scored Chelsea and any South American national teams. He scores more against weaker opposition both national teams and club levels

Ronaldo has scored against Argentina, and has also scored against Ecuador.

Who scored against Chelsea in 2008 UCL final the made the game 1-1 at full time? His name is Ronaldo!

So go and straighten your record.

Messi also scores more against weaker opposition. His worst victim in the national team is Venezuela, having scored six goals against them.

Ronaldo hasn't done badly against big teams. He's even scored a hat-trick against Spain. And his biggest victim in club levels is Atletico Madrid, he's scored them 25 goals.

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by MikkySexy23(m): 12:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ninety6:
Bollocks!. How can a team not coached to hold on to the ball, a team that relies heavily on brilliant individual moments, a team built to counter attacks, a team without detailed tactical coaching and plan who are unable to dominate teams, trigger or sustain lenghty spells of dominance to always be at the service of an experienced past-it? Wanna have a great in-dept knowledge about football? Don't take seriously the british pundits!

It still amazes me that so-called professional footballers cannot hold ball.
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by BABANGBALI: 12:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
I thank God that we disappointed all Chelsea fans that were doing gra gra before the march

Person no go see people like bola146, mynd44, funjosh, funkebabee, vickyrotex, fatymore, ajepako, Olunmercy56 and lalasticlala for this kind place, na to sidon for their compound to lament na him dem sabi." Bullying/Insulting a nairalander. Violation of rule 2. Ban expires at January 11, 2023 at 12:08:18 PM.

No be madness be dat
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by gurunlocker: 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
Minjim:

Messi is 34 years old. He can never be fully fit again. You Messi fans should face the fact.

If he can't score in France, is it in Italy or England he'll perform?

When he starts scoring, hope you won't say it's a farmers league? Because he will score a lot within the 2 years..... In fact, his focus is not on the local league, more of UCL..... They can win the local league without him, so his goals there is irrelevant.

Not like Pendu that chase records cheesy grin
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Bigchristo: 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
Barristter07:

You don't seem to understand what you posted , Ronaldo played like 100+ more games, yet their goal Difference is little. 799-756 = 43. Despite playing 100+ more games.

You are one of those people who argue blindly, I don’t waste time to do research, Cristiano have more goals than Messi so go and deal with it.
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Barristter07: 12:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bigchristo:
You are one of those people who argue blindly, I don’t waste time to do research, Cristiano have more goals than Messi so go and deal with it .

I think you get the point now. That tantrum you throw at the end said it all.

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by tesppidd: 12:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
grin

Well Owen is talking nonsense, blaming others instead of blaming Ronaldo.

Owen needs to send a mail to his man Ronaldo to stop being a penalty box footballer.

When he's isolated up front he needs to drop deep and join in the build up play.. That's what Messi does!

Not stay up there waiting to have the ball on a platter.
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by pitamah901: 12:39pm On Nov 29, 2021
Minjim:

Currently, judging by the last 3 UCL, the Epl is the best- and that's a fact .

Even when u were nothing to write about in ucl u guys still had mouth,na just media las las
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by emae009(m): 1:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
Icandream:

Messi is struggling at PSG, 3 assist aside. He knows he's no more the same player he use to be. I don't know what u guys gain in trying to put down Ronaldo at any given time but when Messi plays badly u guys make excuses 4 him. Stop being a hypocrite abeg. Rashford that played first half what was his contribution? Him giving three assist against the worst club in French league one doesn't change the fact that Barca made him. Ronaldo at 36 has 10 goals in15 appearances. If tap in was that easy Timo Werna wud win the golden boot last season. And mind u if u wanna see how useless Messi is put him in this current man utd team that rarely control the ball against opponents. He only thrived at Barca cos everything about the team revolved around him.

so you're taking a stand against putting Ronaldo down and you're agrument for that is by putting Messi down.
if Hypocrisy was a person. smh
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by emae009(m): 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2021
Icandream:

Go and read what Van Da Vaart wrote about Messi after the champions league match. He said the difference between him and Ronaldo is that Ronaldo irrespective of his age always pushes his team to win but that he (Messi) plays like someone who has no passion anymore. Wud Messi change this currently man U team coached by rookies? Hell no! He'd make it worse. Is Ronaldo the problem? No! We've played so many yrs after sir Alex retired with nothing to show. Ronaldo coming to man utd was an added bonus cos he's a winner and him being around the team will transfer his winning mentality to other players

please how many world class coaches did Messi had at Barca?
do you people watch football at all?
PSG that's structured around Mbappe is now Messi's fault when they lose. Where was Van Der Vaart with his comment in the first leg against Man City, or when PSG got reduced to 10 men in the league and Messi rescued them or against RB Leipzig.
Since Ronaldo pushes his team to win abeg what happened at Liverpool, Man City or Watford? - I know you'll say it's Ole's fault but when it's a team with Messi in it, it doesn't matter who the coach is, na Messi cause am.
jeez, please leave this senseless thinking in 2021 as we're entering 2022. Thank you
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Yusman316(m): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
paulolee:

just imagine Wetin person de assume....all goals bt not talking about other ways he would help d team incase d goals stops coming bcoz he cnt score in all games...
even if united loses or goes trophiless, they is no problem as long as cr7 keeps scoring tapins each week to keep shallow minds like u happy abi?
messi got a hatrick of assist today n come next year u would be asking how hr would win d ballon d or again...
I no justs even understand how una take de analyse football
The whole 90+ minutes that u sit and watch football, do u know what the best part is? When the ball goes into the back of the net. That's why even in betting, they don't bet on assist, dribbles or saves but rather goals. The game is all about the goals

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Yusman316(m): 2:40pm On Nov 29, 2021
Frank Lampard said something recently. That he has always been among the team messi is greater cristiano base, but he has reviewed his stance after hearing and considering an argument Gary Neville had with someone. He said, if u come to think of it, messi played in a Barcelona team that completely dominate possession. Meaning messi get to touch the ball like 200 times in a single game, making his chances of scoring very high. Then consider cristiano who played in teams over the years where he only gets to touch the ball like 30-40 times in a game, yet still able to score the amount of goals he does.He said it takes a special kind of player to still be able to compete with messi when all things are been considered

2 Likes

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by emae009(m): 2:53pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bigchristo:

istead of you to attack the guy. Understanding his comment would have helped you.
Simple arithmetic will tell 756/947 is greater than 799/1094 which was what the guy was talking about but una no dey comprehend something before you quick finger type shut up your mouth
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by emae009(m): 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2021
Yusman316:
Frank Lampard said something recently. That he has always been among the team messi is greater cristiano base, but he has reviewed his stance after hearing and considering an argument Gary Neville had with someone. He said, if u come to think of it, messi played in a Barcelona team that completely dominate possession. Meaning messi get to touch the ball like 200 times in a single game, making his chances of scoring very high. Then consider cristiano who played in teams over the years where he only gets to touch the ball like 30-40 times in a game, yet still able to score the amount of goals he does.He said it takes a special kind of player to still be able to compete with messi when all things are been considered

Messi touches the ball 200 times in which area of the pitch??
the likes of Fabregas, and KDB, Hazard, ( I could go on and on) where in teams that dominate and touches the ball 200 times, how many goals do they have?
the way una dey analyze football baffles people.
Someone touches the ball 90% of the well out the opponent box while having only a dominant left leg, meaning his right leg and heading is not that useful is not better than someone that touches the ball 90% of the time in the opponent's box with his right leg, left leg and heading being good.

Make it make sense na
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Kingcalls: 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
iamkelvincent:

Oga messi is a better goal scorer to Ronaldo, check the goal ratio, minute per goal, hour per goals or games per goal. Ona go just dey talk off point without proper analysis.

Just like halaand is a better goal scorer that Messi , go and check the ratio
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by ddeola: 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bad belle undecided undecided undecided
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by busterr(m): 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
paulolee:
DTS his opinion..big thumbs up to carrick for starting both sancho n dt bailey in dt game bcox i never expected such
Sancho got d only goal n baily had a wonderful game n I pray e keeps his shirt
united fans should get used to such surprises bcoz dt new rangnick is a master tactician n his tactical brilliance dnt support predictability...
I keep telling people dt a pep dt I know is incharge of dis squad, he wont keep starting cr7 in big games after he went silent against Leicester, Liverpool, city n even Watford...

Kindly focus on your messi that is playing absoluye bullshit in France.
Ronaldo is way ahead

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Indispensable85(m): 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2021
Icandream:

Messi is struggling at PSG, 3 assist aside. He knows he's no more the same player he use to be. I don't know what u guys gain in trying to put down Ronaldo at any given time but when Messi plays badly u guys make excuses 4 him. Stop being a hypocrite abeg. Rashford that played first half what was his contribution? Him giving three assist against the worst club in French league one doesn't change the fact that Barca made him. Ronaldo at 36 has 10 goals in15 appearances. If tap in was that easy Timo Werna wud win the golden boot last season. And mind u if u wanna see how useless Messi is put him in this current man utd team that rarely control the ball against opponents. He only thrived at Barca cos everything about the team revolved around him.

Fantastic commentary!
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Indispensable85(m): 5:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
gurunlocker:
grin

If they had started Pendu, they are definitely losing that game. It was tactical! Chelsea will press them very well, and Pendu on the pitch means a player down aside goalscoring (since they are been pressed).

What foolish tactics is that? With the calibre of players in manutd,they should never be sitting back against any team in the premier league.
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Leebellow96(m): 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2021
paulolee:

just imagine Wetin person de assume....all goals bt not talking about other ways he would help d team incase d goals stops coming bcoz he cnt score in all games...
even if united loses or goes trophiless, they is no problem as long as cr7 keeps scoring tapins each week to keep shallow minds like u happy abi?
messi got a hatrick of assist today n come next year u would be asking how hr would win d ballon d or again...
I no justs even understand how una take de analyse football

Wetin you Dey talk , thrash

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by gurunlocker: 6:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
Indispensable85:

What foolish tactics is that? With the calibre of players in manutd,they should never be sitting back against any team in the premier league.

Of course, no one is arguing that.... Man utd is full of great squad. But with their current form and Chelsea form, I think that was the best.
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by uunwanaobong3: 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2021
C. RONALDO once said, " I am the best and the GOD OF SOCCER has sent me here to break records...... Later, MESSI reply "I didn't sent anyone"
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by paulolee(m): 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
busterr:

Kindly focus on your messi that is playing absoluye bullshit in France.
Ronaldo is way ahead
way ahead with 5 ballon while messi gat 7....abi u mean dubai d or award??
he starts 2 years ahead of messi n messi gat more awards n. more trophies than him...dey there dey Jonz urself
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by emmyrate1(m): 8:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
Icandream:

So because he can't score anymore u guys have forgotten that he's a goal scorer. Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Paul Scholes were all midfielders but always competed in terms of goals with their team strikers
but do u know even ronaldo have less goal ratio to messi? For 10 different season messi have more goals and assist than ronaldo. Its ridiculous comparing lampard and gerard to messi in terms if goal, whereas messi have better goal ratio than ronaldo who is a striker. Just wait for end of season before u talk about goals, last season ronaldo started well but messi still finished ahead of him in terms of goal and assist. Just chill
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by emmyrate1(m): 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
Icandream:

Let him organize PSG. Stop making excuses for him. They have a great coach but y'all because of his inconsistency pin the blame on the poor coach. Messi is finished. Stop praising him for other pple's goals.
just like ur ronaldo is finished and u guys are blaming coach for his woes. Ronaldo already sack the likes of sarri, allegri, pirlo, ole. Because of his woeful displays
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by emmyrate1(m): 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
Icandream:

Let him organize PSG. Stop making excuses for him. They have a great coach but y'all because of his inconsistency pin the blame on the poor coach. Messi is finished. Stop praising him for other pple's goals.
wonder why ur ronaldo didnt organise Manchester United against Liverpool, mancity, Watford, crystal palace etc �������
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Ifybwoy7: 1:04am On Nov 30, 2021
Icandream:

don't answer stupid people. they said he only scores tappings and penalties but this season but this season non of is goal has been pen. Messi is a great guy so is cr7.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Cooking For His Russian Girlfriend On Val Day(Photo) / Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 / "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.