Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? (2407 Views)

See what Watching Parents Have Sex, Made This 5 Years Old Calabar Girl Do / How Old Are You? / Illness Causes 20-year-old To Look-like A Toddler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by Stasis(m): 3:56am On Jul 27, 2007
Dear all,

After talking a lot to my Nigerian friend I decided to seek for an Nigerian forum and ask and share some opinions.

To make an long story short. I did something really bad not so long ago. I left my pregnant girlfriend for an other girl,  My pregnant girlfriend was not comming from country in orgin. She was in my country as an student. I was the only reason she stood with in my country longer. She had trust and love in me and she was the best! Somehow I was brainwashed that time and didn't see how selfish I was and ho much pain I gave to that girl. I just left her and she end up alone pregnant and heart broken. She was alone in my country and had no one sad end of all she fly back to her own country where she is an big shame now being pregnant and unmarried.

Now I regret it every single day of my life. In an need to talk I found some real nice Nigerian friends through the internet. I'm kind of done with my own spoiled culture so I was really in the need to talk with people from an other culture. I'm from Europe and I'm raised very spoiled. I'm never bin whipped or punished in an single way.

My Nigerian friend (who is also an Priest) says this is one of the reasons I did such an terrible thing. I never face an consequence for my behavior, and that is why I think I can just do everything. I cried loud and told him how much I regret all I did, and how much I want to change. Instead of judging me he try to understand me and speak from his heart.

His advice is besides ask the girl for forgiveness receive an one life time punishment to never forget! he says, How can I know anything about all the suffering and pain in the world if i never felt any pain myself? How can I ever really realise what I did if I never face any consequence? How can I ever appreciate what Jesus suffer for us If I never felt any suffering myself.

So he told me I should get lashed with the Koboko in an hard way to learn and to become an better person in the future. This as an lifetime hard and good lesson.

My questions are,

What is an koboko? Is he right and can it be good even though I'm 26? What is better Koboko or Cane? How many lashes should be needed? does it have to be on the bare back?

Do you believe in such an lesson?

I'm willing to change. And if this is what is needed I can be open minded and accept it. Please stay serious, telling me what an Jerk I'm won;t help me,  I know it. It is happend and I can not return the time (I wish I could!) It is an big thing for me to share this on an publick forum.

Thank you for your response wink

Al the best
Stasis
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by Seun(m): 10:31am On Jul 27, 2007
Koboko is neither for adults nor for children. If you research the origin of koboko, it's meant for cows only.
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by Oluchia(f): 11:01am On Jul 27, 2007
Ha ha ha a a a grin I just can't stop laughing.
I want to believe your friend was joking. He was probably just trying to make you understand the seriousness of the issue.

On a more serious note, the deed has already been done. The only thing you can do is to ask for the girl's forgiveness and own up to your responsibility to both her and the child. If you're truly sorry for what you did, ask God for forgiveness and move close to him, He will forgive you because he is merciful. We are saved by His grace and not through Koboko. grin grin
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by omoge(f): 3:31pm On Jul 27, 2007
koboko is made from cowskin and the whip is as painful as using a cable wire lol grin

the most important thing now is to look for your woman and your baby. take them back cuz that's yours. forget abt koboko please and go look for the mother of your baby.
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by Stasis(m): 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2007
Dear all,

Thank you for your kind responses. Unfortunately my priest friend didn't make an joke he is deadly serious. And the way he talks to me (from the heart!) if I look into his eyes I believe him. He don't like it to pain people or if people are in pain, but discipline is needed at least for once in an lifetime he said. As sacrifice for god.

To be realistic. I forget my misstakes fast, and somehow I always end up more then good (my life is always good) it is in me because of the way I'm raised. That is why the priest recalls an one lifetime whipping session to learn me an lifetime lesson. I respect the Nigerian culture so much (more then I have respect for my own wink) that I have believe in him.

Keep in mind, I'm grown up in the Netherlands in an very spoiled way. I never experienced any discipline or punishment. I did many many more bad things in life. Also about religion. I was atheist for more then 20 years and tried to convince people that god don't exists. To make an long story short, I just confessed everything to him, and he truly believe I have to undergo an penance. Out of respect for god and to learn an leasson. Either with koboko or caning on the behind. I'm now open minded and realistic enough to see he might have an point and I can accept it. Is it really that worse? will it leave permanent marks? How is koboko applied by Nigerian standards?

All the best,
Stasis
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by Stasis(m): 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2007
Dear,

I just talk to him. He said 30 lashes with the cane on the butt with cloths on. Is that bearable and reasonable for an guy of 26 years old? will it give bleed?

all the best,
Stasis
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by omoge(f): 8:52pm On Jul 27, 2007
forget the lashes and go look for your child. lashes is not important you child is!!!
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by Seun(m): 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2007
Please tell him o. Sooner or later, he will be considering whether his child also 'needs' koboko for good health.
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by Stasis(m): 9:43pm On Jul 27, 2007
Dear,

The point is, it is a little bit more complicated. The mother of the kid also got lashes by her dad after she gave birth because now she is a shame in her country, to have sex before marriage and being pregnant. I talk a lot to her and he parents and try everything to get her and my kid back, but also her parents want me to get lashed, at least I can also feel some humiliation. That is why the Priest want me to undergo it as well.

The priest in question have one son and one daughter. Both are already disciplined with the Koboko (his daughter is 17 and recently got an whipping). Both the parents of my ex girlfriend, as the priest want me to get lashed,  So I think it is really my destiny sad

Is 30 lashes with the cane hard or is it bearable?

All the best,
Stasis
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by mamaput(f): 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2007
All these people you are talking about are sick in the head. if i were you i will run from them.
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by CrazyMan(m): 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2007
Considering all the pain you've put her through. I think 30 lashes is worth it.
It's bearable and believe me you won't regret taking those lashes if you truly love that girl.
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by Seun(m): 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2007
All these people you are talking about are sick in the head.
Exactly!! An entire family and social network made up of crazy people.
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by Stasis(m): 3:44am On Jul 29, 2007
Dear mamaput,

Not even a year ago I was like you. Judge so fast and easy. But the reality is we have so many different cultures and ways of thinking around the world. Those people are not sick, they just don't know better. It is all how you grow up and what your parents teach you and what you saw around you. There is no single culture that is right in everything. So like with everything, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Instead of judging other cultures you also can take a deeper look in such an culture and try to put yourself in their position. Try to understand why people think like this. Don;t get me wrong but I have some Nigerian friends, and all of them ever faced the koboko. So that makes their parents all sick?

They don't want to torture or do cruel things at all. They just ask for an normal and decent discipline lesson for someone that (in their opinion) need it. I won't die from it I think wink

What I really need from this forum is some input. What can I expect from the cane? will it leave permanent marks? will it give blood? is 30 considered hard or mild? Do I have to be really scared from it? Some one here ever received 30 full forced strokes on the behind from an cane?

All the best,
Stasis
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by k0be: 3:53am On Jul 29, 2007
never too old to get disciplined but come na, koboko for 26 years total calamity.
if to say the guy na mechanic now i go understand because the way dem ogas punish dem e pain me.
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by Stasis(m): 4:07am On Jul 29, 2007
Dear Kobe,

He want to do it with Cane. I thought Koboko but I was wrong.

All the best,
Stasis
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by mamaput(f): 9:03am On Jul 29, 2007
Instead of judging other cultures you also can take a deeper look in such an culture and try to put yourself in their position. Try to understand why people think like this. Don;t get me wrong but I have some Nigerian friends, and all of them ever faced the koboko. So that makes their parents all sick?

What dose flogging a grown man have to do with culture?
Children are flogged yes but not grown men.
by the way the kids had no choice.

That your pastor is sick in the head a pervet
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by MP007(m): 11:33am On Jul 29, 2007
26 years? been whipped? hell no , u stil dey live with ur famioly? maybe thats why, thats bS
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by sammyjl(f): 7:06am On Sep 05, 2007
Stasis my man, whippin never solved anything, ofcourse it will give u pain all over your body for that time being or a couple of day, it mite even leave u with some scars that will eventually fade away with time. But i'm telling u, whippin never solves anything, infact it mite even make u do much worse things than u could have done.

The only adivice that I can give u is for you to go and ask for forgiveness from the girl. And dont be surprised if she doesnt wanna c u, surely if i was in her shoes i wouldnt wanna c u, but everything is possible with time. Ask her for forigiveness otherwise this thing will just bother u more everyday.

I got pregnant at the age of 18 and was in my 1st year at University, the father denied responsibility and he said this words to me "how do I know its mine" knowing exactly that it was his child and i was with him always, so with my pride i didnt give a hoot, but i was hurt, i finished my degree, i now have a stable job and fend for my son, he is now 7 years old. My child's father's family came to my place recently (2007) they came to ask for forgiveness, and yes i gave it to them, i told them they did nothing to me sho y should they ask for forgiveness, they asked if the father of my kid could come around, i told them no, its not his child, exactly the words that he told me years back, i hit him with the same words, "how does he know its his child".

Go and ask for forgiveness, perharps your girl has a better heart than i do.Even if she doesnt give it to u that time, she will be thinking about it. Goodluck
Re: Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined? by ssRhino: 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2007
Never too old to be disciplined, however, discipline to me is being corrected, and correction is better verbal than all the nonesese of beating and all that, koboko is nothing but an abuse.

(1) (Reply)

My Advice To Married Couples After Divorcing My Wife Of 16 Years By Gerald Roger / A Single Mum For A Wife? / Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.