Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,651 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Toyota Camry 2010 AC - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2010 AC (1457 Views)

Need Advice: Honda Accord 2010 Vs Toyota Camry 2010 / I Have 2m, I Need A Toyota Camry 2010 / Corolla 2010 Ac Compressor Problem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2010 AC by boombah: 2:21am On Nov 30, 2021
About a week ago, my car (Camry 2010) AC started working differently (passenger side cold, drivers side blowing normal /hot air).
Ac guy said it was a bad compressor+leakage and needed to change it and a few other things (condenser and pipes) .
Basically changed all he complained about and when we got done , AC would only get cold when on P and loose its coldness when on motion but he got his rewire friend to check and fix this and everything is working perfectly fine

Well fast forward to 2 days after I'm back to my first problem
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 AC by autologic: 4:59am On Nov 30, 2021
boombah:
About a week ago, my car (Camry 2010) AC started working differently (passenger side cold, drivers side blowing normal /hot air).
Ac guy said it was a bad compressor+leakage and needed to change it and a few other things (condenser and pipes) .
Basically changed all he complained about and when we got done , AC would only get cold when on P and loose its coldness when on motion but he got his rewire friend to check and fix this and everything is working perfectly fine

What a waste as I am sure the sophiscated made vdc compressor must have been changed to the crude manual type and still the problem persist, this is what u get if patronize half bake kazeem that their hand is always faster than their brain. change your mechanic and tell him to scan the ac system and check the blend doors.
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 AC by boombah: 8:27am On Nov 30, 2021
It was a friend who even introduced him saying the guy's good and knows what he's doing.
He even claimed he has never seen such scene where one part is cold and the other is hot.

I think I need an ac guy around ogba/ikeja axis

autologic:

What a waste as I am sure the sophiscated made vdc compressor must have been changed to the crude manual type and still the problem persist, this is what u get if patronize half bake kazeem that their hand is always faster than their brain. change your mechanic and tell him to scan the ac system and check the blend doors.
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 AC by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:28am On Nov 30, 2021
boombah:

one of the frequent problem of muscle is Ac prob
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 AC by autologic: 8:36am On Nov 30, 2021
boombah:
It was a friend who even introduced him saying the guy's good and knows what he's doing.
He even claimed he has never seen such scene where one part is cold and the other is hot.

I think I need an ac guy around ogba/ikeja axis

Is it possible for you to collect your compressor back cos I am sure your old compressor is still ok .The likely problem you might have might to deal with the blend doors servometer motors .
I run a workshop around ikeja /agege axis ,(nigeria airforce mechanic workshop, onipetesi bus stop, after ikeja along ) you can always contact me .
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 AC by boombah: 8:40am On Nov 30, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
one of the frequent problem of muscle is Ac prob

Is there a maintenance culture for the AC cause I can't even think straight or what could be wrong
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 AC by boombah: 8:43am On Nov 30, 2021
autologic:

Is it possible for you to collect your compressor back cos I am sure your old compressor is still ok .The likely problem you might have might to deal with the blend doors servometer motors .
I run a workshop around ikeja /agege axis ,(nigeria airforce mechanic workshop, onipetesi bus stop, after ikeja along ) you can always contact me .

I can agree with you cause I'm sure that guy just made me waste over 100k on this., he's an older guy and I just want to scream at him but home training wont let me lol.
I have the old compressor and all I changed. I will definitely check you out.
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 AC by autologic: 9:04am On Nov 30, 2021
boombah:

I can agree with you cause I'm sure that guy just made me waste over 100k on this., he's an older guy and I just want to scream at him but home training wont let me lol.
I have the old compressor and all I changed. I will definitely check you out.
grin lol
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 AC by autologic: 9:07am On Nov 30, 2021
boombah:

Is there a maintenance culture for the AC cause I can't even think straight or what could be wrong
None except routine cleaning of pollen filter and ensuring that only qualified technician touch the ac system incase of repair cos kazeems and road side guy will mess you up big time. For any ac issue that come their way ,they don't care about any troubleshooting but their own technique is to turn your much better technology of automatic compressor that they don't understand to crude manual compressor that they understand .
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 AC by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:35am On Nov 30, 2021
boombah:

avoid roadside ac technicians.they can do more harm.
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 AC by boombah: 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
So today, AC stopped working completely, is blowing hit air, perhaps I'm out of gas .

Then secondly, the fan is blowing hot air lowkey without running the AC and makes the car hot
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 AC by chillex8(m): 1:18am On Dec 01, 2021
boombah:
So today, AC stopped working completely, is blowing hit air, perhaps I'm out of gas .

Then secondly, the fan is blowing hot air lowkey without running the AC and makes the car hot
AC recirculation mode is off.
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 AC by millhouse: 3:18pm On Dec 06, 2021
autologic:

do you do home service for vehicle repairs ?
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 AC by autologic: 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
millhouse:
do you do home service for vehicle repairs ?
No sir

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2007 Xle Vs Toyota Camry 2008 Le / Cost Of Camry V6 2000 Ac Freezer / Number Plates Found On 3rdmainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.