Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award (36345 Views)

‘Leaked’ Ballon D’or List Reveals Robert Lewandowski As Winner / Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot / Georgina Rodriguez Reacts As Messi Wins Ballon D’or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Iamthoney(m): 9:03am On Dec 01, 2021
OVB123:
My dear forget about those things, sneijder was supposed to go home with that award (2010) but again favouritism came to play.
How was he suppose to go home with it when he’s not the best player in any of the competitions I pointed out or Inter best player that season? Throw away that sentiment mentality you have in your locker sir please
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Iamthoney(m): 9:04am On Dec 01, 2021
mixta140:

Sigh!
My matter tire you abi? No vex say I dey stress you ma’am and please show me clemency
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by aribisala0(m): 10:19am On Dec 01, 2021
wunmi590:

It was so visible and so glaring to the world that, Lewandowski was cheated to this award......

If I were the organiser, if Lewandowski won't be winning this year award, his award should also have been caved for him and be presented to him this year, along with messi.....

That guy deserve this award, this people are fraud, even messi himself knows he doesn't deserve the award at all, that was why he said he should presented with his award to have it at home too

This type of thing demoralised players from performing to their best, reason why mbappe wanted to leave psg, because no matter how he plays, they would still favour messi more than him
Cheated how? Do you know the procedure for granting the award?
People from over 150 countries voted? So how did the "cheating happen" Were they bribed or their votes twisted? Was it INEC that conducted the vote
It was not even as close as 2019 when only 7 votes separated 1 and 2 and there was no noise then.
We may not agree with the decision but if we are going to talk "cheating" can we have some facts

What is the meaning of "deserve"
If there is a vote/election and one person wins where does the concept of "deserving" come in.

Football is an entertainment business. If the voters find Messi more entertaining that is their right
It is not like a 100 metre sprint where you can do a photo finish
It is a subjective vote just like a beauty contest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by aribisala0(m): 10:25am On Dec 01, 2021
OVB123:
My dear forget about those things, sneijder was supposed to go home with that award (2010) but again favouritism came to play.
Favouritism how?
Do you know who actually votes for the award
Have you a clue?
Do you know Nigerians vote, Togolese vote , as do people from over 150 FIFA countries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:12am On Dec 01, 2021
SO MUCH SENTIMENT FOR MESSI,MESSI SENTIMENTS IS MANIPULATING THEM ALOT angryRONALDO NO COME.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by mixta140: 11:59am On Dec 01, 2021
Iamthoney:
My matter tire you abi? No vex say I dey stress you ma’am and please show me clemency
Am not trying judge ...
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Hermes119: 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2021
OVB123:
You can say whatever you want to say but i insist that messi is not the winner of 2021. they should stop bending the rules to favour him all the time.
You can believe anyone you like is the winner that is your own cup of tea you can even stop watching football nobody cares
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Iamthoney(m): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2021
mixta140:

Am not trying judge ...
I wanna be your friend
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Datedoboy: 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hermes119:

Why does Lewandowski deserve it ?
If you say you like Lewandowski and you wish he won because you like him I can understand that
But these awards are not based on sentiments
Football Journalist from around the world voted for the top nominees and Messi won,its not like its Messi Fans that gave him the award
Let me list some of his achievements in the year under review
He won copa del rey
He was LA liga's top scorer
He made the most assist in LA liga
He has the highest man of the match awards for any player in Europe's elite leagues
He won the copa America
He was copa America's highest goal scorer
He had the highest assist at the copa America
He was the best player at the copa America
E.t.c

What was Lewy's major achievement
He won the bundes liga
He won the German super cup
He won the FIFA club world cup
He was bundes liga top scorer
He was Europe's top scorer

How can you still claim that between these two guys Lewandowski was more deserving of the award
How can u compare someone who scored the most goals across Europe with someone who scored most goals in his league alone and not across Europe. I didn't know assists were also counted.
If it was Messi dat scored most goals across Europe and Lewandowski had scored highest goals in his league alone they would have given Messi saying Messi scored most across Europe not just in a single league.
Adding assists, nutmegs and co is not a good criteria from my standpoint because there was a year iniesta had all these but was robbed of the award too but then again I hope they will maintain d same criteria wen choosing the next winner.
Messi won the Copa America but Lewandowski also won the league and other cups too. Except the organizers bliv national cup is valuable than club cups. If the world has voted I think Lewa would have won it but that panel of Judges made their own decision which is not too good in my opinion.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Hermes119: 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2021
Datedoboy:

How can u compare someone who scored the most goals across Europe with someone who scored most goals in his league alone and not across Europe. I didn't know assists were also counted.
If it was Messi dat scored most goals across Europe and Lewandowski had scored highest goals in his league alone they would have given Messi saying Messi scored most across Europe not just in a single league.
Adding assists, nutmegs and co is not a good criteria from my standpoint because there was a year iniesta had all these but was robbed of the award too but then again I hope they will maintain d same criteria wen choosing the next winner.
Messi won the Copa America but Lewandowski also won the league and other cups too. Except the organizers bliv national cup is valuable than club cups. If the world has voted I think Lewa would have won it but that panel of Judges made their own decision which is not too good in my opinion.
In 2018 Messi was highest goalscorer in Europe and had the highest assists as well won the league just like Lewandowski did this season but Modric won the award and Messi came 5th nobody complained because the world cup was a major criteria
This year Lewandowski was the highest goalscorer and won the league just like Messi in 2018 but unfortunately he didn't perform well in the euros while Messi won the cops america,this is very similar to 2018 but of course you are entitled to your opinion

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Datedoboy: 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hermes119:

In 2018 Messi was highest goalscorer in Europe and had the highest assists as well won the league just like Lewandowski did this season but Modric won the award and Messi came 5th nobody complained because the world cup was a major criteria
This year Lewandowski was the highest goalscorer and won the league just like Messi in 2018 but unfortunately he didn't perform well in the euros while Messi won the cops america,this is very similar to 2018 but of course you are entitled to your opinion
Sure I complained that year too that Modric didn't deserve that award but then again life goes on. We are all imperfect I might be wrong with my opinion. Thanks for your contribution
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by mixta140: 12:07am On Dec 02, 2021
Iamthoney:
I wanna be your friend
Egbami!
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Iamthoney(m): 7:36am On Dec 02, 2021
mixta140:

Egbami!
Be calming down which one is egbami again? I wanna be your friend was what I typed not that I wanna come steal your heart and capture your soul.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by mixta140: 10:01am On Dec 02, 2021
Iamthoney:
Be calming down which one is egbami again? I wanna be your friend was what I typed not that I wanna come steal your heart and capture your soul.
Nawa ooo...
Ok ooo....
It's my wife's account.... NL banned mine
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Iamthoney(m): 10:07am On Dec 02, 2021
mixta140:

Nawa ooo...
Ok ooo....
It's my wife's account.... NL banned mine
You violate Seun’s laws or the mods were just unfair and bias?
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by mixta140: 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
Iamthoney:
You violate Seun’s laws or the mods were just unfair and bias?
I think it's a repeated ad sha
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Iamthoney(m): 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2021
mixta140:

I think it's a repeated ad sha
Hard luck...how many months ban did you bagged?
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by mixta140: 9:41pm On Dec 02, 2021
Iamthoney:
Hard luck...how many months ban did you bagged?
Didn't even check sef
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Numerouno94(m): 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2021
aribisala0:
Cheated how? Do you know the procedure for granting the award?
People from over 150 countries voted? So how did the "cheating happen" Were they bribed or their votes twisted? Was it INEC that conducted the vote
It was not even as close as 2019 when only 7 votes separated 1 and 2 and there was no noise then.
We may not agree with the decision but if we are going to talk "cheating" can we have some facts

What is the meaning of "deserve"
If there is a vote/election and one person wins where does the concept of "deserving" come in.

Football is an entertainment business. If the voters find Messi more entertaining that is their right
It is not like a 100 metre sprint where you can do a photo finish
It is a subjective vote just like a beauty contest.

Factos. Very comprehensive.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Iamthoney(m): 12:15am On Dec 03, 2021
mixta140:

Didn't even check sef
Lol ok
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by trustedward(m): 1:51pm On Jan 10, 2023
DareyFortified:

Abi ooo... Did you see the gun they brought to rob Lewandoski?? Those people are wicked. cry

Cryyy me a river please grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hehehe they’ve summed everything up with the rigged World Cup, 6 penalties, fraudulent man of the match even in the Final ahead of Mbappe and Di Maria
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Wilson500: 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2023
trustedward:

Hehehe they’ve summed everything up with the rigged World Cup, 6 penalties, fraudulent man of the match even in the Final ahead of Mbappe and Di Maria

You will join Mbappe to cry this year when The GOAT recieves his 8th ballon d'or
Premium tears it shall be grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Zidane Set To Make First Signing As Real Madrid Agrees €50m Deal / Serena Williams In Tears After Injury In Rogers Cup Final, Touching (Photos) / Nigerian Fans Meeting Ethiopian Fans In Addis Ababa Before The Match (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.