Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,090 members, 7,852,692 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:36 AM

‘I Was Offered Osimhen’s Number 9 Shirt’ – Ighalo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘I Was Offered Osimhen’s Number 9 Shirt’ – Ighalo (495 Views)

Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? / Olivier Giroud Joins AC Milan From Chelsea In The No.9 Shirt / Nantes Retires Emiliano Sala's No. 9 Shirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Was Offered Osimhen’s Number 9 Shirt’ – Ighalo by solbase10(m): 1:42pm On Dec 01, 2021
Super Eagles Striker Odion Ighalo has disclosed that he was offered Victor Osimhen’s number 9 shirt by a top NFF official when he was making his second return to the team.

Ighalo made this startling revelation in an interview with ESPN, where he stated that he declined the jersey number and requested for any number available.

The former Man United striker made a comeback to the Super Eagles since 2019 in the team’s 1-1 draw against Cape Verde in the final Group match of the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos.

He said, “A top NFF official told me I could have the number nine jersey back, and I told him no.

“I had left it. Osimhen is using it now and coming back, I’m going to play with any jersey number.”

“I told them to give me any jersey available. I can play with my bare skin for Nigeria, I’m a patriotic Nigerian. If it means me playing without a shirt in this team, I’m going to play. It’s not the shirt that score the goals.”

Source: https://www.completesports.com/i-was-offered-osimhens-number-9-shirt-ighalo/

Re: ‘I Was Offered Osimhen’s Number 9 Shirt’ – Ighalo by AirBagde(f): 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2021
Why

Such a brilliant response from him
Re: ‘I Was Offered Osimhen’s Number 9 Shirt’ – Ighalo by MayorWhales: 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ighalo is a real niggar cool Correct guy
Re: ‘I Was Offered Osimhen’s Number 9 Shirt’ – Ighalo by paulolee(m): 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
our Nigeria messi....messi turn down neyma 10 and u self dey turn down number 9..
its not ur fault bcoz u left it and we found a new worthy successor dt is doing fine in oshimhen, na dt person wey reason to gv u dt 9 back naim i blame

(1) (Reply)

/ Today Fixed Matches Prediction On Youtube @ SOLID BET247 / Can Arsenal Still Play Champions League Next Season With 5th Position?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.