Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,168 members, 7,953,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:05 PM

Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track (8598 Views)

Have You Noticed This "growing" Effect On Wizkid's Album? / A Review Of Wizkid's Album 'superstar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by batimoore: 7:13am On Jun 11, 2011
2/5 waste of my money

1 Like

Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by Effiko(m): 10:59am On Jun 11, 2011
nut 2 bad 4rm him dough ,
i lyk many ov his tracks lyk pakuromo , for me ft. wande coal etc
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by KakiP(m): 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2011
6/10
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2011
batimoore:
2/5 waste of my money

You should have sampled it on notjustok first lol. That album na autotune and monotonous beat. T-Pain produce am?
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by tosinaded(m): 7:02am On Jun 12, 2011
As a yoruba boi, omo ibile. . Pakurumo is the shiznit mehn. Fuji toh quality.

I will give him 6/10. . He shld work on his lyrics, or get song writers.
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by aieromon(m): 7:57am On Jun 12, 2011
. . .or just jack songs off Youtube and merix.
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by sharpman1(m): 9:53am On Jun 13, 2011
batimoore:

2/5 waste of my money

i agree with you. The album is TRASH! ! !. . . . . . . . a complete waste of my money.
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by mbulela: 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2011
with all this hype?
na wa o!
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by guente02(m): 9:08pm On Jun 13, 2011
most of d tracks na AUTOAUTO
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by batimoore: 11:11pm On Jun 13, 2011
Wizkid’s “SUPERSTAR” Album Review ------>http://tooxclusive.com/2011/06/13/wizkids-superstar-album-review/   They Gave Him 2,5/5 imagine
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by tboy1(m): 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2011
Best track on the album for me is Slow Whine ft. Banky w
Next is Wad Up but i always forward D'Prince's Rap(nursery rhyme rapper  cry )

I score it 6/10  It's a decent album and grows on you
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by lalaboi(m): 2:32pm On Jun 15, 2011
7/10 for me. . Skip factor is minimal . . Oluwa noni, Shout out, Pakurumo, No lele, love my baby and for me ft wande are all tracks i'll replay when they finish. . Not bad for a first album. , . .Infact. . only tracks i skip are the ones that where leaked or released as singles.
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by Effiko(m): 6:00pm On Jun 15, 2011
sum ppl jst dey exaggerate , abeg dat album wasnt bad jare
#pakurumo=best track dough am nt >yoruba< lol
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by lalaboi(m): 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2011
Its kinda annoying when some peeps expect some kinda world class album from 20yrs old's first project . . and most of them a friggin older. . . BS on the highest level
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 15, 2011
We expected some kinda world class album from him because they hyped it like it was a world class album lol. That's how I should have known it was going to be crap actually.
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by AkanA1(m): 10:08pm On Jun 15, 2011
The album is just like his name; childish. Most parts of it has a huge resemblance 2 a primary school music assignment,
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by montelik(m): 12:27am On Jun 16, 2011
^^^ Haba, softly softly. grin
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by eleshin(m): 7:31am On Jun 16, 2011
D album is ok.d hype was ogaaaaaaaaa!
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by batimoore: 8:07am On Jun 16, 2011
Wizkid’s Superstar concert Pictures and Behind The scenes >>>>> http://tooxclusive.com/2011/06/14/wizkids-superstar-concert-pictures-and-behind-the-scenes/
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by 9jarocks(m): 8:58am On Jun 16, 2011
All songs produced by Samclef
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by tboy1(m): 11:10am On Jun 16, 2011
Offtopic:
Is there any naija's rapper worse than d'prince? If there is, pls send me the name or link i will like to compare the two
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by tosinaded(m): 11:33am On Jun 16, 2011
Lalaboi abeg spare us the bullsht jare. . . He's 20yrs old, igbayen wanko? Its his first album, so wat?

If its mediocre, it is mediocre! No sugar coating abeg.
The lyrics on the album na 2/10. . .
Age has nothn to do with music abeg, its abt talent.
If he dsnt know how to write, banky shld write 4 him. .
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by tosinaded(m): 11:35am On Jun 16, 2011
Lalaboi abeg spare us the bullsht jare. . . He's 20yrs old, igbayen wanko? Its his first album, so wat?

Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by lalaboi(m): 11:51am On Jun 16, 2011
tosinaded@:

lyrics 2/10?. . what do you expect from a pop artist?
This is what happens when duds judge singers based on the rapper criteria!. . The biggest pop stars in the world usually have zilch lyrics! Theres a reason they are called pop artistes.

Sure age has something to do with it! Its like expecting a 18year old footballer to win world footballer of the year in his first season! If e possible, why you no come do am.

you cant just com on here and say the album is shit cos they lyrics werent tight. na saucekid or ruggedman album?
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by tosinaded(m): 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2011
its either u became a slowpoke over9th or u re high on weed!
pop album my freaking foot. . . abeg no spin dodo for me jare!
Does that album sound like a pop album to u?

and pls dnt give me the age bullsh*t again, u should know better abeg! how old was seankingston when he did biutiful girl? how old is justin bieber?
so because say no be rap album, the lyrics shouldnt make sense? is that ur point?
pop songs av no lyrics?

and please stop posting thinking with ur ass. . use ur brains!

the album is all about autotune, greatbeats, poor lyrics, great hype . . . .
and u re vexed that people ar complaining? did u buy the album for them?

its only in Naija that every artiste writes his/her own song, even when their ability to wrte is ZERO!

wizkids album would av been a monster classic if he had song writers. . . .

take the album abroad, play it to ur foreign folks and tell them its a pop album. . oshi oda
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by Tedtunez: 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2011
[color=#000099][/color] oga lala oden take eh easy pelu boy i. Evry1 its just sayin wat they feel but for real he cud ave don alot beta lyricaly pop or no pop,age or no age. He flocks around experience he can as draw advice,inspiratn nd guardlines from them i mean he's got a gud songwriter for an uncle. I tink dats one area he really needs to work on though we bare listen 2lyrics 1ce d speakerz stats bumping out there in d clubs.
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by lalaboi(m): 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2011
tosinaded@:

its either u became a not-so-smart person over9th or u re high on weed!
pop album my freaking foot. . . abeg no spin dodo for me jare!
Does that album sound like a pop album to u?

and pls dnt give me the age bullsh*t again, u should know better abeg! how old was seankingston when he did biutiful girl? how old is justin bieber?
so because say no be rap album, the lyrics shouldnt make sense? is that your point?
pop songs av no lyrics?

and please stop posting thinking with your backside. . use your brains!

the album is all about autotune, greatbeats, poor lyrics, great hype . . . .
and u re vexed that people ar complaining? did u buy the album for them?

its only in Naija that every artiste writes his/her own song, even when their ability to wrte is ZERO!

wizkids album would av been a monster classic if he had song writers. . . .

take the album abroad, play it to your foreign folks and tell them its a pop album. . oshi oda
If its not a pop album then what is it? Rap album? R 'n' B? E be like say too much koboko at young age don distort your intelligence level.

I'd rather you come up with samples of the "Poor lyrics" you have heard from the album (Thats if half of what he said was rubbish). Post pieces of the dumb lyrics and we'll know if its you suffering from rapper-thought-singer syndrome. Its prolly peeps like you that'll describe him a rapper in a newspaper if given the chance to write an article.

I am not saying its a world class album, Its a good album for a first timer! Up coming artists would wish they could come up with something like it.
You mentioned justin beiber? how much sense does that nukka sing? Im get super duper lyrics? gerraway from here mahn. Just because you listen to so much music doesnt make you an expert in it! What you have is an opinion(not even expert at that). I only mentioned how i felt about how people expected so much, it wasnt complaining. Why i go complain?, like you said, na me buy album for them? But if you say sumtin, i expect you to back it up with pieces from the album. else STFU!

The album is "autotune filled", I agree! Who doesn't bloody use autotune nowadays? Even the Wande coal's album everybody dey mouth get enough autotune inside!

Looking at your Nairaland past, i shouldnt even be arguing with you. I mean its you, Tosinodeda grin. You say one thing today and change it 2mrw.  I wont be surprised if you come on 2mrw to tell us how intelligent wizkid is and how much u love the album.

The only critic i have about the album is Wizkid didnt experiment. I would have liked to see him do songs outside his monotonous comfort zone. He played safe and its still a hit regardless what a minority thinks!

I don do!. .  ciao!
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by lalaboi(m): 12:52pm On Jun 16, 2011
I mean the same people with trowey face when it comes to TerryG and then complain about someone else. . Effn BS!
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by v3: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2011
In the end, it's NOT about genre. .be it rap/rnb or pop

Wizkid set the bar too high for himself with the 'Holla at your boy' single. .his album dropped and save Pakurumo, the rest were below average and they 'auto-tuned' almost the whole album which is wrong. .where is the originality? Now,he needs to go back to the drawing board. .get a vocal coach, get song writers. .and in time, he'll get better.

My 2 kobo
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by tosinaded(m): 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2011
lalaboi u re arning dust. . . . .
that album no even get any genre, the closest to it is fuji! and thats cos of the way he sings.
the question here is not if he's young or its his first album.
the question here is. . . How great is \superstar?

stop giving excuses for mediocre lyrics abeg. . . .

na me be ode abi? egbon buroda e ni mo fi jo!
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by tosinaded(m): 1:05pm On Jun 16, 2011
lalaboi:

I mean the same people with trowey face when it comes to TerryG and then complain about someone else. . Effn BS!

comparing wizkid to terrG says a lot, dnt u think?

if people dnt complain abt terryg then y complain about wizkid, no be the same rubbish dem dey sing?

u be ode!
Re: Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track by lalaboi(m): 1:09pm On Jun 16, 2011
Why should i even bother with someone who thinks the album is Fuji!. . . Waste of precious time!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Dance Makossa? / Dagrin First And Third Album / Hs: New Music: Blackberry – Porsh Kayiana Feat. Duncan Mighty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.