Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,047 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School (12784 Views)

Export Of Yam Tubers Carries Life Sentence In Nigeria / Man's Head Turned To Pig Head After He Stole A Pig In Malawi (Pics, Video) / We Are Ready For Cultists Planning 7/7 Anniversary – Oyo Commissioner Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by Nemere2020: 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
There was a mild drama at Bashorun area of Ibadan the Capital City of Oyo State on Friday morning as middle aged man who was mistaken for ritualists escaped death by whisker.

The man who was confirmed to be a mentally deranged person was alleged to have turned two pupils of Bashorun High School to tubers of yam, and this resulted in mob attact by some irate youths in the area that almost took his life.

The commissioner for Education AdulRahman Abdu-Raheem who confirmed this to newsmen, said investigations carried out showed that the suspect was just a victim of circumstance.

He described the incident as a mere figment of imagination.

The Commissioner who visited the school of the said students said there was no record of any missing students.

He said investigations have been carried out and it showed that the victim was mentally deranged.

The Commissioner noted that the findings indicate that the accused was sent on an errand to deliver the contents (two tubers of yam and a pack of diapers) in his bag.

He assured parents and residents to go about their normal businesses and ignore the rumour.

DAILY INDEPENDENT gathered that it was earlier reported the said man dropped a certain amount of money on the ground which the children reportedly picked and turned into two tubers of yam.

DAILY INDEPENDENT also had an exclusive interview with the suspect and he denied turning anyone into tubers of yam.

He said, I don’t believe human beings could be turned into a yam, I was sent by gradma to drop the yams found in my possession and diapers to her children.

On getting to her house, the grandma also confirmed that she was the one that sent the man on an errand. She also confirmed that the man is a mentally deranged person.

She said, “I was the one who sent him to go and help me deliver two tubers of yam and two diapers for my children.”
https://independent.ng/oyo-commissioner-debunks-rumours-of-pupils-turned-to-yam-tubers-at-ibadan-school/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by Abdul05: 6:46pm On Dec 03, 2021
So the man is just a victim of circumstances grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by vanbonattel: 6:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
Fulani media spreading fake news about yorubas.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by headSmasher: 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2021
Baby factory criminals are responsible for such fallacies

11 Likes

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by FuckDModz: 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2021
As expected.
Daft bastards everywhere!

9 Likes

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by Tejumola856: 8:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
One blogger don carry ham say dem don kill the man

Wettin we go believe like this kiss kiss

Here’s the news on nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/6879395/man-accused-turning-students-yams#108179414

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by 4reala(m): 9:38pm On Dec 03, 2021
Tejumola856:
One blogger don carry ham say dem don kill the man

Wettin we go believe like this kiss kiss

Here’s is the news on nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/6879395/man-accused-turning-students-yams#108179414
And wetin they pain me pass be say mod them no even cross check, just carry am go dump for fp

23 Likes

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by God1000(m): 4:48am On Dec 04, 2021
How on earth is that possible?

1 Like

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by Forlarh(f): 4:50am On Dec 04, 2021
Thank God, I prayed for it not to be true.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by OnyeMmeri: 4:55am On Dec 04, 2021
Always in denial. I won't be surprised if that actually happened. I mean, it's Ibadan we're talking about for Christ's sake.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by amdo007(m): 4:56am On Dec 04, 2021
Those that carried the fake news need to be punished. Imagine they even said they saw his corpse in front of the school. What sort of irresponsible reporting is that?

20 Likes

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by Houseofglam7(f): 5:00am On Dec 04, 2021
Why yams??
Why not snakes so Lala would adopt em all?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by Bushavin14: 5:01am On Dec 04, 2021
Ghana Ghana

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by princeSammyz: 5:04am On Dec 04, 2021
We are in shackles of our own beliefs. I just imagine how his accusers must have laid the accusations with so much confidence when in reality they did not see him do the magic. This happens every other day and in varied forms and some of the victims ain't just lucky to get their names cleared like this one. Others pay the ultimate prize.
I do not believe it is possible to turn a human being into yam. I do not. Infact, it is ridiculous to have such thoughts. I do not believe in magic, if the plenty noise we hear about magic is really true, by now I should have witnessed one or two scenes myself after all these four decades.

12 Likes

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by LawyerLomo(m): 5:06am On Dec 04, 2021
I love this guy who questioned the authenticity of the news below.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by Nobody: 5:07am On Dec 04, 2021
Brown envelope journalist everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by tutudesz: 5:08am On Dec 04, 2021
So the youths who Attacked him will not be arrested

8 Likes

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:09am On Dec 04, 2021
Infact the art of dissapearing, teleportation jutsu from Oyo to sokoto, touch and follow and incantation commandeering is a mere figment of imagination

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by Teejay13(m): 5:13am On Dec 04, 2021
Thank God for the prompt intervention by the Nigerian police force.

Please Nigerian's let's avoid spreading unverified news. It can cause chaos in the society.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by personal59: 5:14am On Dec 04, 2021
OnyeMmeri:
Always in denial. I won't be surprised if that actually happened. I mean, it's Ibadan we're talking about for Christ's sake.

Your parents need a refund from your school.

9 Likes

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by peeps4u: 5:14am On Dec 04, 2021
Abdul05:
So the man is just a victim of circumstances grin

Before nko

Did you initially believe a human being could be turned into a yam?

5 Likes

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by gambia(m): 5:15am On Dec 04, 2021
Only a fool will believe that.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by KosiGee(m): 5:22am On Dec 04, 2021
headSmasher:
Baby factory criminals are responsible for such fallacies

That victim probably has more IQ than you. I wonder how people believe that a human being could be turned into an object. I’m sure you believe in such nonsense like the mentally disturbed crowd of idiots that attacked and transferred their frustrations on this vulnerable man.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by OnyeMmeri: 5:22am On Dec 04, 2021
personal59:

Your parents need a refund from your school.

And your papa needs a reimbursement from your school.

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by Grace001: 5:23am On Dec 04, 2021
Naija masses…. Always transferring their frustrations on their fellow masses, but they can’t do the same to their oppressors who has subjected them into hardship and frustrate their lives.

It’s the masses that will kill themselves.

I won’t be surprise that it could be one of the lazy youths agbero tout that raised the false alarm, after smoking weed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by KosiGee(m): 5:25am On Dec 04, 2021
OnyeMmeri:

Your bigotry has turned you into an idiot. That man probably has mild learning disability.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by INCREDIBLE007(m): 5:26am On Dec 04, 2021
OnyeMmeri:

Things dey sup o
Re: Oyo Commissioner Debunks Rumours Of Pupils Turned To Yam Tubers At Ibadan School by Coronavirus84: 5:29am On Dec 04, 2021
Frustration and anger everywhere here in Nigeria, immediately you accused anybody of wrong doing in the public without been verified if it is true or not, people will just unleashed their anger on u. A case study of ALU 4 which happened in port Harcourt some years back

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Herdsmen Kill 3 Farmers In Benue; Stray Bullet Kills 1 During Protest / Police Bust Syndicate Kidnapping Children In Niger, Arrest Three Suspects / 24-Year-Old Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Woman Of Over N1.6m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.