Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) (49694 Views)

Delta Youths Storm Police Headquarters With Corpse Of Man Killed Over ₦100 Bribe / US Cops Threatens To Shoot Woman Because Her 4yr Old "Stole" A Barbie (Video) / Armed Robbers Shoot Woman Dead In Her House In Abia. Graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by lalasticlala(m): 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
Bribe-seeking Lagos policemen shoot woman, brutalise husband for complaining

A fashion designer, Rukayat Salami, has been hospitalised after men of the Lagos State Police Command allegedly shot her in the stomach at a checkpoint at Lucky Fibre, in the Ikorodu area of the state.

Her husband, Ibrahim, was reportedly battered by the cops for complaining about the shooting.

PUNCH Metro gathered that a tricycle operator had wanted to pass the checkpoint when an argument ensued between him and the cops over N100.

The matter reportedly degenerated as the policemen opened gunfire.

In the ensuing melee, bullets hit 34-year-old Rukayat in the stomach.

Speaking with our correspondent on Thursday, the victim, who had been bedridden since the incident happened last Sunday, said her husband had driven past the roadblock when she was hit by bullets.

“I started shouting and alerted my husband. Immediately, he placed his hand around my stomach and observed that I was bleeding. He parked the vehicle, went to start arguing with the policemen. By the time he returned, he was bleeding in the head,” she added.

Ibrahim, a surveyor, said the policemen brutalised him for calling their attention to his wife’s condition.

He explained that the incident happened while they were returning from a visit to an in-law, adding that despite he and his wife bleeding profusely, the policemen abandoned them and drove away in a minibus.

The father of four said, “The incident happened around 8.30pm on Sunday when we were on our way back from my in-law’s house at Agunfoye, in Adamo, Ikorodu. We approached a police checkpoint and saw policemen collecting money from commercial drivers plying the axis.

“The tricycle operator at my front was reluctant to pay the N100 or N200 to the policemen, so what the policemen did was to pass me while they argued with the operator. The policemen were four; two monitored vehicles going toward Itokin, the other two monitored vehicles going to Ikorodu.

“As I drove past the checkpoint, we suddenly heard gunshots and my wife started screaming that she had been shot. She started shouting that she needed water, but as I stretched my hand to examine the side of her stomach, I observed that she was bleeding.

“I quickly parked my vehicle, got down and went to meet the policemen to tell them that they had shot my wife. While writhing in pain, my wife was telling me to be careful so the policemen won’t shoot me. The policemen and I engaged in a shouting match until one of them used a heavy object to hit my head and I started bleeding.”

The Kwara State indigene said he rushed his wife to the Ikorodu General Hospital, from where she was transferred to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital for surgery.

While lamenting that over N150,000 had been spent on Rukayat’s treatment, Ibrahim demanded the arrest and prosecution of the policemen involved in the incident.

He said, “When I rushed my wife to the emergency unit of the Ikorodu General Hospital, she was stabilised. The following day, my wife was referred to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, but they rejected her because of bed space.

“We informed officials of the Ikorodu General Hospital. But while returning there, one of the officials called and told us to go to LASUTH, where a bed space had been secured for us. She was admitted there and we did an X-ray which revealed that two bullets were in her system.

“They also said blood was in her chest; they told us to buy some medicine and other things they needed. After we got them, she underwent surgery. They removed a bullet from her body, but the second bullet was not removed as the doctors said it would be suppressed with antibiotics.

“My wife has spent five days in the hospital. I reported the case at the Sagamu Road Police Station and was told an investigation would be conducted. I want those policemen to be prosecuted.”

A picture seen by our correspondent showed that Ibrahim’s right eye was swollen after the attack.

A bullet extracted from Rukayat’s body was also sighted.

The couple said they would present the bullet to support police investigation into the incident.

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Adekunle Ajisebutu, said he would get back to our correspondent after getting a brief on the incident.

He had yet to do so as of the time this report was filed.

https://punchng.com/bribe-seeking-lagos-policemen-shoot-woman-brutalise-husband-for-complaining/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1638534120

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by WibusJaga: 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2021

Quite pathetic.
This paltry 50 &100 naira bribe has caused so many avoidable deaths & brutality by our police. & it is something that can easily be stopped. Just takes a few police ogas to dress in mufti inside bus or Keke thru checkpoints. Then set example with any officer caught collecting bribe.
Unfortunately it won't happen because the bribe taking involves ogas on top who receive their shares from the checkpoints.
Terrorists in uniform.

194 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by Prosperous111(m): 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nigeria police and misconducts shocked

Dem go still hear am again till Dey change

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by slawormiir: 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Same rubbish happened in Benin city today

Shot a girl selling agbo

They tried to stop one car like that....but the car didn't stop
Then the trigger happy police started shooting
And unfortunately the bullet hit one girl selling agbo

The rest of the police men took to their heels

And the trigger happy police man was caught....

Mackenzie12:

Which area b that boss?
In okhoro Road, Benin city....that road way play house dey
Keepem:
bros update us na... I trust Bini boys, them no touch am?
Some boys just first disarm he gun....Edo boys and disarming
Then some guys just put the idiot for booth drive commot
I can bet my balls that police man is already history....

233 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
shocked

It is only in Nigeria that government will recruit thieves and mentally deranged people to help secure lives and properties.

Imagine

97 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by JackDaAlienz(m): 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
If you like carry your family, wife, cousin, grandfather and walk with gov. sanwo olu.

After u people finsih cat walking for peace, he will enter his bulletproof jeep and leave.
Police will continue oppressing you like nothing happened.

262 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by Pio44: 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
Again, loading end police 2

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by Coronavirus84: 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
Useless Nigeria government and nonsense policemen will never hear until we stage out the second version of #ENDSARS for them.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by KillIgbohoN0W: 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
Na dem

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by tutudesz: 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
Police and their useless behavior undecided
Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2021
angry

Will Police Brutality ever stop in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by PrinceOfLagos: 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2021
This is why I don't pity the useless men in uniform when they get killed like rats

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by ImoleNaija: 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2021
Lobatan

I just hope they were not the people of the underworld.

egoldman:

People of the underworld dey collect 200 naira?

It's like uno watch Baby Police

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by Oteikwu1(m): 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2021
Na soo one comot gun for me today at jakande round about.. very useless set of ppl

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by fergie001: 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2021
Odumosu and Ajisebutu fall out NOW
Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by FuckDModz: 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2021
The police are your friends. Give them 100 Naira or lose the friendly bond.

Now we need to hear their side of the story.

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by DropsMic(m): 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2021
How to turn a black man into a monster. Just hand him a gun.

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by Cerebellum: 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Na dem

Lol..wereygrin
#saynototribalism

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by yaksdavirus: 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2021
Very sad, may those involved meet their Waterloo.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by younglleo: 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
Useless policemen!
But cant shoot UGM
Ndia ara!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by MARKone(m): 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
We need state police, I think that will be a part solution to police recklessness and brutality.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by Agoziewin(m): 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
Zoology.. wolves everywhere
Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by barnny(m): 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
God! So in essence #100 is equivalent to one bullet embarassed
Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by Mikeeytools: 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Same rubbish happened in Benin city today

Shot a girl selling agbo
hmmm

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by tillaman(m): 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by ChrisIntegral(m): 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
How do they even recruit these terrible people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by dvkot(m): 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
Why are they not prosecuting these bribe seeking killers
Re: Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) by Dminister(m): 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
Old news just hitting front page. Nairaland ‘moderators na wa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Lounging In His Balcony Shot Dead In Abeokuta / Father Cornelius Okoye Attacked By Herdsmen (Graphic Pictures) / Young Man Caught Wearing His Sister's Pant After Stealing It In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.