Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov (22639 Views)

#JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out / 'This Is School Not Hotel, Keep Moving' Spotted On A School's Wall (Photos) / Lagos Collapsed Building: Private School Not Registered - Associations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Foreverdope: 10:15am On Dec 04, 2021
Veteran Nollywood actor, Kanayo O. Kanayo, has said that Lagos state government’s decision to shut down Dowen College, where 12-year-old Sylvester Oromoni Jr was allegedly tortured, is not enough.

The actor addressed Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu in a video on his Instagram page which he captioned, “Dowen college must pay for this #justiceforsylvester.”[/I]

[i]The death of Sylvester Oromoni Jnr, has sparked agitations from celebrities, as they demand justice for the child.
A Twitter user @perrisonoromoni, who claimed to be the boy’s cousin, broke the news about how Oromoni was beaten by fellow students for refusing to join cult.

However, in a statement on Wednesday, the school denied all allegations stating that Oromoni was neither bullied nor beaten but only complained of hip pain after playing football.

Following public outcry, Lagos State Government on Friday, ordered the indefinite closure of the school, pending the outcome of an investigation into the student’s death.

Reacting to the development, Kanayo said; “The Governor of Lagos State, our own dear Babajide Sanwo-Olu. After the EndSARS protest and report, you have another challenge on your hands.

“The case of the 12-year-old Sylvester – your son – cannot be swept under the carpet. It is not enough to shut down the school.

Do not – Your Excellency – Do not allow people to take the law into their

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVBvUG4OHRU

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXCJnX9sMnG/?hl=en

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Foreverdope: 10:17am On Dec 04, 2021
Let justice be served irrespective of who's involved.. This is manslaughter & it a minor cry

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by drizslim(m): 10:18am On Dec 04, 2021
May God Vindicate His People.. #JusticeForSylvester

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Arahman7(m): 10:20am On Dec 04, 2021
���

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by donbachi(m): 10:30am On Dec 04, 2021
It will not trend.if it happened in america.naija celebs would have been twitting,retwitting it and be posting "blacklivesmatters".

128 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Wawelexy(m): 10:56am On Dec 04, 2021
justice for that poor boy.......

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by ValCon888: 11:25am On Dec 04, 2021
They allowed the school to become a breeding ground for cultism. To add insult to injury, they aided and abetted the culprits to escape the law.

The management of the school needs to be apprehended and jailed.

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by WibusJaga: 12:16pm On Dec 04, 2021

Unfortunately this is Nigeria. I fear that after this initial hullabaloo, this matter will be swept under the carpet & life goes on.
The culprits are most likely kids of the rich & influential in society. They will do anything & everything in their power to cover up the dastardly act & save their kids from prosecution.
I just hope & pray, beyond this SM frenzy, there would be enough evidence & willing witnesses to establish a case & effect a prosecution in court.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by paulolee(m): 4:24pm On Dec 04, 2021
I concur....it can never be enough...dey should dig in n bring d proprietors to book..
is it bcoz he isnt d son of a politician or d son of a popular celebrity?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Perfecttouch(m): 4:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
Social media age, a very interesting age.
So many things like this have happened years back and it was swept under the carpet...
Even heard that deeper life boy will be getting justice.

If you understand what internal injury is, you will realize that poor small boy went through excruciating pain...
What he suffered internally can't be compared to what people are seeing..

Parents should caution their children on what they watch on TV and social media,
OYINBO WEY WRITE PG 18 are not stupid..

The father is taking this with the strength of a man, I can't phantom what the mother is going through right now

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Asgard73: 4:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
grin

Where people that know people don Dey go dobale for Baba sope at boudillion .. the matters will soon be forgotten..

Is left for the parents to be strong and fight .. for Justice .. like the woman that gave deeper life heat.
In Lagos Justice is interpreted by whom you know..
Lagos just said endsar massacre Na hallucinations.. e never happen and even pushing for peace work..

This is already under carpet or deep freezers ... more important matters will soon take over.. and rest Na story.

Pray God give the family the strength to get to the root of this ..
Lagos state government Na joke ..

Tribalism will play a huge part .. especially if the proprietor Na Yoruba .. e go hard

As a matter of fact .. school is suspended.. with no arrest.. not even management .. heard the boys have left the shores of Nigeria..
where the so called Lagos state government wan start? And who are they claiming to be investigating

This people and wayo ba?

11 Likes

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by GboyegaD(m): 4:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
I don't understand what we stand to gain when we choose to circumvent justice. At this time, if investigation reveals the school is aware of the full cause of the death and lied to the public and also shielded the culprits, the management should be tried for manslaughter.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Charmingrascal(m): 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hmm

By now I am expecting the Government to have kept those people the boy mentioned in custody, not necessarily a cell or Police station but at least tell their parents not to take any of them out of the Country and to make sure they are produced when they are needed.

This Country is sick and I am very furious right now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by larryeffizy1(m): 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2021
I'm always bitter each time I recall this experience....

May God grant the family the fortitude to bear the huge loss

3 Likes

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by tutudesz: 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2021
The owner is yet to be arrested, the school management is yet to be arrested, the students named are yet to be arrested undecided
Closing the school is not justice

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by abobote: 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
So sad, losing a 12year old son just like that

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by DEROX: 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
Asgard73:
grin
now i know you are a complete slow fellow what warrants smiles here

2 Likes

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by EXLOVER(m): 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
If i was to be member of the Oromoni family, i won't even talk much, i will just be silent. Then trace each and everyone involve in this case 3 months after and send them to the pit of hell

11 Likes

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Leboska(m): 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
I pray & wish that justice is serve

1 Like

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by YorubaIsCursed: 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
Yoruba self angry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by PrinceOfLagos: 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
I feel bad this young man ended up this way

I pray the culprits of this evil act are brought to book

4 Likes

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Cantonese: 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2021
Useless school breeding foxes as students with sheep.

Rather than tell us that they needed time to investigate, at least as a way of covering up their shame, they chose the disgraceful path of denying event and its fall out.

This issue of cultism has somehow been allowed to fester in schools nationwide. Government has to do more in tackling this societal menace. School authorities must rise up against bullying in schools. Students who pretend to be saints at home and bullies at school must be expelled from schools.

You pay so much in school fees and other charges, not just because you want to give your children quality education, but also that you want them to have quality lives.

When children leave their homes and go to school, responsibility falls on the school to take care of the children.

In this case, aside from the criminal lawsuits arising from the crime, the school and parents of the evil children must be face with civil law suits.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Leboska(m): 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2021
YorubaIsCursed:
Yoruba self angry cry
Wetin bring Yoruba for this matter?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by lomprico(m): 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2021
the school messed up big time by not investigating what happened(assuming they were not aware of what happened) and covering up what really happened after finding out.

the boy's family should sue the living daylight out of them. am long as I'm concerned that are accomplice to the crime.

2 Likes

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2021
#JusticeforSylvester

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by treatise: 4:29pm On Dec 04, 2021
This boy apparently died from substances they must have forced him to ingest.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by ILoveDemMANNA: 4:29pm On Dec 04, 2021
Justice shall come sooner or later.....

WHAT
I hope the next generation won't be worse than this present useless generation.

Parents, Wake up and please do better.....
Do much more pleaseee.....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Princeadebayo11(m): 4:30pm On Dec 04, 2021
Go to the activist Deji Adeyanju Facebook page and see how the idiot was trying to blame the parents of the boy for the way they trained their child

1 Like

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by YorubaIsCursed: 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2021
Leboska:

Wetin bring Yoruba for this matter?
Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by Edusouls(m): 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2021
So Dowen school was a hidden disaster were kid cultists thrive, they are even trying to cover up this tragedy, I never liked Lagos from the onset that state is a complete gulag Yoruba parents and their evil offspring una don cast all over, una see una life?

1 Like

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by tutudesz: 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2021
WibusJaga:

Unfortunately this is Nigeria. I fear that after this initial hullabaloo, this matter will be swept under the carpet & life goes on.
The culprits are most likely kids of the rich & influential in society. They will do anything & everything in their power to cover up the dastardly act & save their kids from prosecution.
The Delta State Governor is already involved, the Ijaw National Congress is already involved.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov by tonididdy(m): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
Sorry for their losses but only lazy and selfish parents send their young kids to boarding school.

.... I said what I said

I'm 100% saddened by this event but it could have being avoided... Look@all the news of students bullying/violence all took place in boarding schools.
I know my neighbor everyday is always waiting at the gate of her kids school for the closing bells.
Immediately they hop in the car and are back home.
That's how to raise kids.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader / Vice Chancellor Of FUTA Arrested For Deliberately Crushing NASU Staff / Why You May End Up Not Practising The Course You Studied In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.