Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,438 members, 7,864,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:02 AM

Omicron: UK Bans Nigeria Travellers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Omicron: UK Bans Nigeria Travellers (209 Views)

Omicron: The New Covid Variant , A 1963 Italian Movie And Other Connections. / Christians Responsible For Travellers Killing In Jos. / CCP Virus Updates: UK Bans Arrivals From South America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omicron: UK Bans Nigeria Travellers by Worldtopnewsng2: 10:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
Sajid Javid said it was because of an “increasing number of cases linked to travel”.

In addition, Nigeria is being added to the travel red list – joining several southern African nations which were put on it after the Omicron variant was first detected late last month.

It means that only UK citizens and residents will be able to enter the country from Nigeria, and they will have to pay to stay in a quarantine hotel for 10 days.

That change comes in from 4am on Monday, with Mr Javid saying Nigeria is “second only to South Africa for cases linked to Omicron”.

He added that there are “27 cases already in England and that’s growing”.

Mr Javid acknowledged that the measures are “hugely unfortunate” for people who already had travel plans, but insisted they would be “temporary”.

https://worldtopnewsng.com/breaking-omicron-uk-adds-nigeria-to-red-list/
Re: Omicron: UK Bans Nigeria Travellers by Dikegodspower(m): 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
Why won't UK ban Nigerians when buhari went and invite ramaphosa.
This APC Govt self
#split#
Re: Omicron: UK Bans Nigeria Travellers by HoluGraze: 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
Q
Re: Omicron: UK Bans Nigeria Travellers by joinnow: 10:49pm On Dec 04, 2021
Na small small
Another lockdown go start
Re: Omicron: UK Bans Nigeria Travellers by Alphamale101(m): 11:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
bleeped see my sister that's supposed to arrive next week wey I don carry both plate spoon and fork gun body embarassed embarassed :- embarassed

Everything have cast see since wey person don begin plan dehtty
Re: Omicron: UK Bans Nigeria Travellers by Alphamale101(m): 11:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
bleeped see my sister that's supposed to arrive next week wey I don carry both plate spoon and fork gun body embarassed embarassed :- embarassed

Everything have cast see since wey person don begin plan dehtty December this time nah me disappoint amaka

(1) (Reply)

Inside The World's Only Private Boeing 787 Dreamliner / The Nigeria Startup Bill Has Been Approved By The FEC / Do You Need Someone To Do You Laundry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.