Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Warning: "Writers Needed" - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Warning: "Writers Needed" (954 Views)

Avoid This Hosting Company (warning) / This Is A Warning To Seun And All His Moderators... / Warning: Run Away From These 7 “online Businesses - Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning: "Writers Needed" by mrikay: 8:53am On Dec 05, 2021
This is just a friendly warning to beware of all the guys posting "Writers Needed" on this forum.

After working for them they may send you fake screen shots of cash transfers to your account - insert cry emoji - believe it at your own peril.

Anyway sha... Life goes on.
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by Hashabiah: 8:55am On Dec 05, 2021
You're right bro. The Nairaland moderators need to do something about this issue. Because it's turning the literature /writing section of this forum into one big scam
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by mrikay: 10:10am On Dec 05, 2021
Hashabiah:
You're right bro. The Nairaland moderators need to do something about this issue. Because it's turning the literature /writing section of this forum into one big scam

Yes bro... although I think I could have done more to protect myself... I should have done more to ensure that the money was actually being sent.
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by Electronics: 1:58pm On Dec 05, 2021
Unfortunately you guys have been meeting the wrong guys. I've posted for writers here on this forum and proudly kept a clean slate. Writers who are familiar with my handle can confirm because I still have them working with me.

So I would advise you choose your choice of words rightly instead of generalizing based on your personal encounter. I come in peace bro.
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by mrikay: 9:25pm On Dec 05, 2021
Electronics:
Unfortunately you guys have been meeting the wrong guys. I've posted for writers here on this forum and proudly kept a clean slate. Writers who are familiar with my handle can confirm because I still have them working with me.

So I would advise you choose your choice of words rightly instead of generalizing based on your personal encounter. I come in peace bro.

Am not generalising , bro... I am just trying to save someone some heartache.

I am checking your profile. ... how do I contact you?
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by Hashabiah: 9:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
Electronics:

Are you recruiting?

1 Like

Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:31pm On Dec 05, 2021
This is very bad. The saddest part is, as we have fraudulent employers, so also do we have scammers parading as writers on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by Electronics: 8:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
Yeah I understand it's really bad when you work and not getting paid. That's pure wickedness and trust me, they (employers) that indulge in such never amount to anything tangible in life.

You can drop your digits and I will get back to you via WhatsApp.

Thanks Bro!
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by Hashabiah: 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2021
Electronics:
Yeah I understand it's really bad when you work and not getting paid. That's pure wickedness and trust me, they (employers) that indulge in such never amount to anything tangible in life.

Thanks Bro!
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by mrikay: 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2021
Electronics:

Thanks Bro!

Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by Emmex45(m): 11:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
Electronics:

Thanks Bro!
Hello sir,
I am also a writer in case there is space for me.
WhatsApp me via 09022311461
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by Darlingtonwrite(m): 4:14am On Dec 09, 2021
Interested
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by mrikay: 2:33pm On Jan 28, 2022
I guess I should add Some of the Potential Scam Numbers Here- Shine Your Eyes If You Are Offered Writing Jobs From Any of these Numbers:

You can add Yours:
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by mrikay: 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2022
... And For Any of you looking for Writing Jobs:

This are a collection of sites to start. The article also tells you how to approach the potential clients:

https://onyeinfo.com/top-freelance-websites-for-the-new-hustler/
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by Sheisenough01: 11:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
As always I'm against Generalisation. It would have been better to use the Heading "My personal experience with a Nairaland Employer". Tell us what transpired and let's hear both sides.

Saying everyone advertising writing vacancies on here is nothing short of an insult. I know of people who have and are still paying out a heap load of money to NL freelance writers. Obamartins, Just anoda dude, etc.

Mr Patrick has made a point that there are good and bad employers/writers.
MD nice comes to mind. (Writer)
Fidelis (Employer)
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by mrikay: 6:20am On Jan 29, 2022
Sheisenough01:
As always I'm against Generalisation. It will have been better to use the Heading "My personal experience with a Nairaland Employer". Tell us what transpired and let's hear both sides.

Saying everyone advertising writing vacancies on here is nothing short of an insult. I know of people who have and are still paying out a heap load of money to NL freelance writers. Obamartins, Just anoda dude, etc.

Mr Patrick has made a point that there are good and bad employers/writers.
MD nice comes to mind. (Writer)
Fidelis (Employer)

Once again, I apologise if I generalised. I just want to save someone the pain.
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by mrikay: 9:43am On Feb 18, 2022
Who needs a writing gig? Two of my clients are in need of writers:
one is for a property website project
the other is a long term blog writing project
Get in touch.
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by mrikay: 9:48am On Feb 18, 2022
Both Clients are sure... I have been paid several times.
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by mrikay: 5:20pm On Feb 18, 2022
I am getting notifications of people wanting to email me. I don't know how that works.

If you don't want to reply here then get in touch with me on 08136561003.
Re: Warning: "Writers Needed" by mrikay: 10:49pm On Feb 18
Electronics:

Are you still hiring now?

(1) (Reply)

Website Review: Www.tubosun.de / Nigerian Web Designers Have Come Of Age. / Any Code For Changing Look/face Of A Scrollbar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.