Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Is It A Sign Of Laziness To Cut Onions In This Manner? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It A Sign Of Laziness To Cut Onions In This Manner? (853 Views)

₦50 Cheap Onions In Kebbi State (Photos) / See The N200 Onions I Bought This Evening In Port Harcourt / See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sign Of Laziness To Cut Onions In This Manner? by Hintona(f): 8:48am On Dec 07, 2021
Anytime I cut onions with a chopping board my mom laughs at me and say it is laziness.

It annoys me. How is this laziness please? I think it's safer and faster to use a chopping board.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sign Of Laziness To Cut Onions In This Manner? by ifex370(m): 9:37am On Dec 07, 2021
Hintona:
Anytime I cut onions with a chopping board my mom laughs at me and say it is laziness.

It annoys me. How is this laziness please? I think it's safer and faster to use a chopping board.

Laziness starts from Chopping board
Re: Is It A Sign Of Laziness To Cut Onions In This Manner? by FahBuLous: 11:49am On Dec 07, 2021
The most important thing is safety...
I once tried to slice onions like my mum and ended up cutting my hand...

It's not laziness to use a chopping board, it's safe that way and even faster..

My opinion though...

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sign Of Laziness To Cut Onions In This Manner? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2021
Chopping boards are meant for that purpose: chopping/cutting food, so ayam not understanding how using them for what they're meant for is being lazy. I can cut onions by hand but it depends on whether I'm cooking for presentation purposes or not. If for presentation purposes and I want to be fancy with them or finely chop them, I use a cutting board.

In any case, I usually do use a cutting board because it's safer. If you watch any cooking shows on TV, you'll see the chefs using chopping boards to cut onions. None uses their hand, otherwise they would be promoting cutting onions by hands, which could be dangerous to the viewers, especially to the young viewers watching and emulating them.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sign Of Laziness To Cut Onions In This Manner? by chii8(f): 7:25pm On Dec 07, 2021
Mothers like using the old fashioned method when cooking.She is not just a fan of chopping board.
Re: Is It A Sign Of Laziness To Cut Onions In This Manner? by Hintona(f): 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2021
FahBuLous:
The most important thing is safety...
I once tried to slice onions like my mum and ended up cutting my hand...

It's not laziness to use a chopping board, it's safe that way and even faster..

My opinion though...

Thank you kiss
Re: Is It A Sign Of Laziness To Cut Onions In This Manner? by Hintona(f): 7:28pm On Dec 07, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
Chopping boards are meant for that purpose: chopping/cutting food, so ayam not understanding how using them for what they're meant for is considered lazy. I can cut onions by hand but it depends on whether I'm cooking for presentation purposes or not. If for presentation purposes and I want to be fancy with them or finely chop them, I use a cutting board.

In any case, I usually do use a cutting board because it's safer. If you watch any cooking shows on TV, you'll see the chefs using chopping boards to cut onions. None uses their hand, otherwise they would be promoting cutting onions by hands, which could be dangerous to the viewers, especially the young viewers watching and emulating them.

Very true!

I think it's more hygienic to use a cutting board.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sign Of Laziness To Cut Onions In This Manner? by Hintona(f): 7:29pm On Dec 07, 2021
chii8:
Mothers like using the old fashioned method when cooking.She is not just a fan of chopping board.

She's not that old sef! She's a millennial and she's acting like this grin

(1) (Reply)

Price Of Lagos Loaf In Manitoba, Canada / See How I Made This Delicious Buns (pics And Video) / Breaking News! This Is A Must Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.