Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,931 members, 7,810,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family (9712 Views)

Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College / Sanwo-Olu Family House On Fire. His Mother Lives There (Video) / Sylvester Ofori Beating His Wife Before He Killed Her (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by adenigga(m): 5:25am On Dec 08, 2021
The Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has described the death of Sylvester Oromoni of Dowen College, Lekki as “disturbing and heartbreaking”.

Sanwo-Olu also confirmed he has ordered a comprehensive investigation into the matter.

In a Facebook post, the Governor wrote, “I commiserate deeply with the family of late Sylvester (Jnr) Oromoni, the 12-year old pupil of Dowen College, Lagos.

“As a parent, I share the grief Sylvester’s demise has brought upon his parents and the entire household. The incident is not only sad but disturbing and heartbreaking.

“Consequently, I have ordered a comprehensive investigation into the matter. But while that is going on, I would like to give Sylvester’s parents and the entire citizenry of Lagos, the assurance of my full support at this trying time.

“I share their pains and sense of loss. Indeed, words are inadequate to describe my feelings, but I pray that God Almighty will soothe their pains and grant Sylvester Jnr eternal rest.”

The father of the deceased boarding student, Sylvester Oromoni Snr, had claimed the JSS 2 student died from the injuries sustained during an assault by five other students who wanted to initiate him into a cult but the school claimed he died after sustaining an injury during a football match.

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, on Tuesday, confirmed that three of the students have been arrested and are in police custody for alleged assault while two others were still at large.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/Sylvester-Oromoni-Sanwo-Olu-breaks-silence-on-Dowen-students-death

5 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by dipsy588(m): 5:48am On Dec 08, 2021
hmmmm first to comment

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by Disclaimer12: 5:48am On Dec 08, 2021
Nigerians always wait until something terrible happened before they act, the roads won't be fixed until a couple of accidents happened on that spot, a poorly built building won't be giving attention until it collapsed and claim many lives, bullying in school has been an age long ritual, I was bullied as a junior student, my only consolation then was that when I get to the senior class,I'll also bully the junior,because to us it's like a norm! Secondary hostel has been programmed like this for so long,and the so called house masters are either too strict or very nonchalant! All these expensive schools are worst, if u are too hard on the kids, they get home and report to their billionaire parents, the school will won't want the kids leaving the school, hence they are always compromising standards! Federal government high schools and unity college hostels has turned to haven of cultists, drugs abuse,gross misconduct and all that! Sylvester is an hero, and I think it's high time we set up a committee to look into bullying in all schools, not just in Dowen, soon we will all forget this case until another one happened in another school, then we'll start making statements, condolences and all that! A lasting solution is what we want! Say no to bullying

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by lummiedee: 5:49am On Dec 08, 2021
Nice one
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by Viktoreze(m): 5:49am On Dec 08, 2021
The unfairness of life is heart-wrenching.... Yet we endure....

5 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by wizkar2003: 5:49am On Dec 08, 2021
Nice one
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by Betallion: 5:50am On Dec 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by flexcool131(m): 5:51am On Dec 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by OfficialGaGa(m): 5:51am On Dec 08, 2021
Ok.... seen....

Next.... Hon minister for condolence visit is yet to report.... we are waiting....

if u like make u run this Sylvester matter like lekki toll gate "wen nor happen"

3 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by thecuteone(m): 5:51am On Dec 08, 2021
They should let this boy rest in peace already, what they need to ensure right now is that justice is served accordingly.

3 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 08, 2021
This Boy really Suffered sha.

Even in death dem no won gree am rest.

Infact they should open museum for him.

4 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by iampeterben(m): 5:52am On Dec 08, 2021
Okay good one from the governor himself. This case must not be swept under the carpet pls. Thank you Mr. Governor.

4 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by ipobarethieves: 5:52am On Dec 08, 2021
sad D sch Authority fuk up really big time.Thing Dey supposed nip since.They even lie to cover up the Evil

7 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by zolajpower: 5:52am On Dec 08, 2021
angry
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by Military0001: 5:53am On Dec 08, 2021
Well all that is needed now is Justice for the family of late Sylvester, however, thank you Mr. Governor for the commiseration but please do more to enable Justice for Late Sylvester.

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by Digmygold: 5:55am On Dec 08, 2021
God bless you sir and keep your children.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 08, 2021
Good bless you sir, you are a kind human being

2 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by Baawaa(m): 5:56am On Dec 08, 2021
“Consequently, I have ordered a comprehensive investigation into the matter. But while that is going on, I would like to give Sylvester’s parents and the entire citizenry of Lagos, the assurance of my full support at this trying time.
NPF will just turn this to avenue to make money,the parent of the late boy will also pay.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by maxtop(m): 6:01am On Dec 08, 2021
I still dont understand why the sister of the deceased not saying a word. One of the boys said they punished the boy cuz his sister rejected his advances which means her sister knew all the boys in question. She can shed more light on the brouhaha.

Come to you Oga Sanwo, just make sure justice is served. If you or those oga at the top try anything funny ? Thunder wey go strike you dey dance Azonto !!!

cry cry cry cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by Maxymilliano(m): 6:05am On Dec 08, 2021
In Buhari's voice, " The President is shocked by the news and while we condoled with the family of deceased, the public can go about their normal businesses while we assured that perpetrators will be brought to book"
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by mainman7(m): 6:08am On Dec 08, 2021
cry
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by helphelp: 6:16am On Dec 08, 2021
Na your morning be this Oga Sanwo
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:16am On Dec 08, 2021
The perpetrators deserve to be heavily punished, including the offending students.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by Thanos5555: 6:18am On Dec 08, 2021
sad
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by elmessiahs(m): 6:22am On Dec 08, 2021
It's so disheartening to have your child die in such circumstances

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by kennyz247(m): 6:24am On Dec 08, 2021
RIp little champ

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by Seniorwriter(m): 6:24am On Dec 08, 2021
Sad one.....
Howbeit this showoff of a governor is a hypocrite going by the Endsars killings that happened in Lekki.

maxtop:
I still dont understand why the sister of the deceased not saying a word. One of the boys said they punished the boy cuz his sister rejected his advances which means her sister knew all the boys in question. She can shed more light on the brouhaha.

Come to you Oga Sanwo, just make sure justice is served. If you or those oga at the top try anything funny ? Thunder wey go strike you dey dance Azonto !!!

cry cry cry cry cry cry
Pinned

elmessiahs:
It's so disheartening to have your child die in such circumstances
Extremely disheartening!

ipobarethieves:
sad D sch Authority fuk up really big time.Thing Dey supposed nip since.They even lie to cover up the Evil
Pinned
@Seniorwriter
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by xcesspaschal(m): 6:30am On Dec 08, 2021
Wen commiserating with the family, I also want the State government to replace school bullying to Oronomi in memory of the boy.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Oromoni Family by TeeGentle(m): 6:33am On Dec 08, 2021
Hmmmm
na wa o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Confirm Killing Of 57-year-old Abia Man By Son, Suspect To Be Arraigned / Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat / Gunmen Kill ASP In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.