Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,587 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Family Festive Giveaway - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Festive Giveaway (25608 Views)

Make Me Self Celebrate My Family For This Festive Season / Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? / How To Cut Down Excessive Spending These Festive Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Festive Giveaway by snowland(m): 9:01am On Dec 08, 2021
FINAL UPDATE FOR PLAN 3

OPTION 1 it is

Each of the four contestants should send the following to my email: humblegiveaway2020@gmail.com as soon as possible.
NOTE: To my email and not on here.

1. Copy of ID that shows the face clearly
2. Link to Facebook profile or their name on facebook
3. Account details (Account Number, Account Name. Bank name)
4. Phone number. I'm gonna add this number on WhatsApp.
5. Relevant pictures of their businesses with them in the pictures.

Thanks.

Alright guys, we have come to the end of PLAN 3. Below are the winning numbers.

If you name tallies with the number, Congrats you are #10k richer. For those whose numbers are not selected, I'm sorry. Better luck next time.

To the 10 selected Names: Please post your account number ONLY here on this thread and then send your FULL account details (Name, Account Number and Bank) to my email address humblegiveaway2020@gmail.com and I will get you credited as soon as possible. Please include your nairaland moniker either in the subject or the body of the email. I have to make sure you are who you say you are.

Like to see how the drawing was conducted, watch the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1qwcphja7g

Thanks and God bless y'all

UPDATE FOR PLAN 3

Okay guys, these are the names of those that commented with at least one idea. Each contestant should note the number his/her name corresponds to because I'm going to be making the draw using the numbers.
Also I decided to increase the total giveaway to #250k, hence I will be drawing 10 names instead of 6 names initially planned.

If you think you posted an idea but your name is not on here, kindly bring my attention to it by telling me the page where you posted it. I'll verify and if I find your claim to be true, I'll add to the list. I'm giving a grace period of 3 hours from now.

Here are the names:

1. illicit
2. superintendents
3. Bankowner -
4. isaiah4life
5. lilachiever
6. seankafor
7. uyogabie
8. Supreme145
9. chieni
10. Miracood2
11. sirBLUNT
12. stacyadams
13. money121 *****
14. pocohantas *****
15. Orente21
16. tens4real
17. Foodqueen
18. bjprodint1
19. Sirchiboy
20. GboyegaD
21. Mariangeles
22. SurvivorM
23. Moonie911
24. FriendsAndFans
25. Adaanna
26. Timekeeper
27. chatinent
28. anuofGod
29. VTJN
30. NigeriaIsGreat
31. Sperical77
32. Villa12

UPDATE

FINAL NAMES OF CONTESTANTS FOR PLAN 1

IyaZainab
AkindeleBolanle
Agbecassava
ModupeTemmy1

Voting will start at 12am tonight (Tuesday, 14 Dec) and will run till 12am Tomorrow (Wednesday 15 Dec). If I do not have enough votes (more than 20), I may extend the voting by 12 more hours till 12pm Wednesday the 15th of Dec.

NOTE: I have not and I'm not disclosing how the voting will take place but it will. So tagging, voting without hearing from me is just a wasted excercise.

Good luck to the contestants.

=========================================
UPDATE

Okay, I see that lots of vote canvassing is going on already. I dont have anything against it. However, I have this to say:

1. Voting is going to be on a separate thread. I will create this thread once I get the plans from the selected 4 or after 9pm on Monday, naija time. I will separate post for each of these candidates with their plans on the first come first serve basis. @IyaZainab will have her post first because she responded first followed by @akindelebolanle. Once I recieve plans from the remaining two, I'll post accordingly. Only then will I share the link to the thread and then voting begins. NOTE: The order of arranging the post is not by importance but by how they submit their plans.

2. I will highly advise people to vote based on convictions not on popularity. Some candidates are popular but please be read through the plans of others and vote for who your heart feels needs the money most.
Let the most deserving win please.
Thank you.

===========================================

UPDATE

I have selected 4 names for PLAN 1 out of which I will select ONLY two.

The names (username) are:
1. IyaZainab
2. akindelebolanle
3. UmmuFarrah
4. Agbecassava

I'm going to make this a fair play where all the 4 selected names have equal chance of being in the last 2. Therefore I want all these 4 selected names to give DETAILED explanation of how the fund will benefit them.

1. How will the fund help your business?
2. What do you plan to do with the money?
3. How do you plan to go about it?
4. What are the likely challenges you might encounter and how do you find your ways around them?
5. etc

These are the type of questions I want addressed in the narration. I highly recommend that these people are very detailed in their explanations because the 2 usernames with more likes and meaningful submissions will win the fund. In the event that there aren't any satisfactory submissions, I may have to come up with a different channel to route the fund to someone else.
I'll give till Monday Evening 9pm, naija time for all submission to be in.

Good luck to the selected names.
================================================================================================================

Hi guys, I know how hard things are for most families, especially those with children, so in the spirit of festivities, I want to do something for some select families. I'm planning to share about N200k among 10 deserving families that are really in need of this money. Here's where I'm gonna need some help:

1. I need ideas on the best way to select these 10 lucky and deserving families. Most Nigerians are known for being shady, hence I need a lie detecting, scammer recognizing and no BS way to pick these families.
NOTE: Whoever gives the best idea automatically gets 5k. Idea with the most like wins it.

2. I'm gonna need someone of high and blameless
reputation that can handle the disbursement of the money to the selected families. I might be quite busy and not have much time to handle the disbursement myself. The person also automatically gets 5k

Guys, throw me some ideas and name of someone reputable.

UPDATE

Damn, it seems really hard to decide on how to go about this. I sincerely appreciate all the ideas so far. However, I'm not really a fan of people posting their family pictures online. It just doesn't sit right with me. In the light of this, I'm going to go with this idea.

PLAN 1
Since I plan a total of 210k to be shared, 100k will be shared between 2 families, but there's a catch. These families MUST be doing a business or plan to start one.
Here's what will need to be provided to qualify:

1. Detailed narration of how the fund will help your business. When I said detailed, I mean detail but ofcourse you gotta leave out sensitive info. I'll select the best 2 myself.

2. After the selection, the selected ones will have to provide some documentations to prove that they are who they really say they are. I'm sorry, this part cannot be skipped. I'll rather deal with 2 people providing their info than lots of people. Pictures of families, copies of parents and kids ID ( Kids surname must match), anything else to prove that they are genuine. These will be requested privately. Any family not comfortable with this arrangements will be replaced by the next best business narration.

This plan is awarded to @MummyMalik
[s]PLAN 2
I'll partner with someone on here that can help feed random people on the street while helping his or her biz as well. PuffPuff, Akara, MoinMoin, Buns, just name it. Anybody that sell anything that people eat and can provide the service, next 50k goes to the person. Somebody that knows someone that can recommend someone, please recommend. [/s]

PLAN 3.
The remaining 60k goes to 6 randomly selected people that commented and provided ideas. Each gets 10k.

Those are the new plans.

Thanks.
Snowland.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by SUPERPACK: 9:04am On Dec 08, 2021
E
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by illicit(m): 9:12am On Dec 08, 2021
OK

I will get them to make a video call and I will ask questions

They must present credentials to prove that it's a family
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by superintendents(m): 9:13am On Dec 08, 2021
they hav to be selected base on there credibility,hope this helps
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Bankowner: 9:14am On Dec 08, 2021
@Snowland how do you expect whoever volunteers to help disburse your money to know 10 families that are really in need? Nairaland is a faceless platform. If you sincerely want to be a blessing to others this festive season, find your way to a government approved motherless children’s home/orphanage and give them the money.

8 Likes

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by maiquel: 9:14am On Dec 08, 2021
Hmmm....
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by maiquel: 9:15am On Dec 08, 2021
Bankowner:
@Snowland how do you expect whoever volunteers to help disburse your money to know 10 families that are really in need? Nairaland is a faceless platform. If you sincerely want to be a blessing to others this festive season, find your way to a government approved motherless children’s home/orphanage and give them the money.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by isaiah4life(m): 9:24am On Dec 08, 2021
Follow your instinct and ask people to drop their acct details clearly stating what they need the money for. select 10 persons answers that appeals to you.

@snowland boss. If you like ask them to do video call, send their ID card and the rest. It won't still stop scammers from generating all that.

2 Likes

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by lilvicky68(m): 9:24am On Dec 08, 2021
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by snowland(m): 9:26am On Dec 08, 2021
Bankowner:

Alright, let me make it clear, the person disbursing is not in any position to be the one to select the 10 families. I will select the families myself based on the best idea suggested (if any). Then I'll give the families details to the person for disbursement. I hope that clears the misunderstanding?

Secondly, I'm not currently in Nigeria. As laudable as your idea of orphanage is, it's out of the equation.

Thirdly, the person disbursing is not chosen by volunteering but by recommendations. Anybody can volunteer himself or herself and make away with the money, only recommended fellow with good track record is going to be considered.

Thanks for your suggestion though.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by lilachiever(m): 9:40am On Dec 08, 2021
Although I have no idea how you select the families but I think I can suggest someone who you can consider to handle the disbursement in person of saint2ace. He's trusted to do it well. Oga lexusgs430 can testify.

When it's time, I'd like to suggest a family that will really appreciate the giveaway at least to take care of December festivities.

Cc Snowland
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by seankafor(m): 9:44am On Dec 08, 2021
I suggest in respect to picking the required families in need..
The prospects who are interested if really in need shouldn't be shy In revealing the true identities of their family.. this can be done via dm..

They could provide the identity card of the said families on dm (for security reasons)

The id cards must match with the applicants (surname and address)

Then a video call could be ensured and they must be present with the said family where you will interview the family (mother, father , or siblings).

I believe no elderly person will agree to be an accomplice of catfishing..

If the money is too small to risk this,then the person doesn't really need the money..

In respect to picking the dusbursants, I suggest any of the mods could help..

I can be of help too wink kiss

This is my own humble contribution..

1 Like

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by KiNg0G: 9:47am On Dec 08, 2021
check very well, one homeless man just pass you like so.
fûcking retards, attention seeking hóe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Skillsnigeria: 10:08am On Dec 08, 2021
That's good
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by PrinceJoeWan(m): 10:21am On Dec 08, 2021
Ill suggest Facebook.

Am a, Student and out of the equation, so here's my humble suggestion!

Anyone applying should have a Facebook account which she/he would provide the details, then you or anyone you choose should send them a friend request which they will accept.
Then go through the profile, the date of the opening of the account would be there.
Go through the posts, pictures and videos taking note of tags and dates and if need be you can ask them for the account of their relatives as well for further verification.

Modified
This will be the best option because it deals with past history nt something od the present because scammers can arrange anything within a short while.

Gracias
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by isaiah4life(m): 10:37am On Dec 08, 2021
Bros, I have been passing across you but you haven't given me anything. Should I drop my acct details here.

Go and sleep joor. My emoji says it all.

Since, you have being giving to people. undecided

KiNg0G:
checbeeery well, one homeless man just pass you like so.

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by uyogabie(f): 10:38am On Dec 08, 2021
Give as your spirit leads.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Supreme145(m): 11:12am On Dec 08, 2021
Since you want to give to a family and not to individuals, the person representing the family must present about three different pictures that the family snapped together, with different backgrounds including documents like IDs or birth certificates bearing a uniform surname of the recipients to back it up.
Lastly the chosen families would undergo a video call on an undisclosed date to confirm, the date would be only disclosed some hours before the call preferably at night when the families are likely together.

The undisclosed video call date would make it difficult for any scammer to assemble a family before hand. During the call, the caller can throw random questions from the information gotten from the documents presented to any of the family members, if anyone is thrown off guard by a question then its likely an arrangee family.

As for someone to disburse the money I would suggest pocohontas, she did something similar last year.

6 Likes

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by chieni(f): 11:23am On Dec 08, 2021
snowland:
Hi guys, I know how hard things are for most families, especially those with children, so in the spirit of festivities, I want to do something for some select families. I'm planning to share about N200k among 10 deserving families that are really in need of this money. Here's where I'm gonna need some help:

1. I need ideas on the best way to select these 10 lucky and deserving families. Most Nigerians are known for being shady, hence I need a lie detecting, scammer recognizing and no BS way to pick these families.
NOTE: Whoever gives the best idea automatically gets 5k. Idea with the most like wins it.

reputation that can handle the disbursement of the money to the selected families. I might be quite busy and not have much time to handle the disbursement myself. The person also automatically gets 5k

Thanks.
Snowland.
I am available to help with this initiative. In my opinion, people with pressing issues should make known their issues here. Giving a time period, After the time period elapse, we look into all the mentioned issues then do a background check which entails video calling to speak with the individual and also witnesses ( we can tell them who we want to talk to) who can testify that what this person says is true. Background check on social media pages and also proof in form of ID card, Doctors prescription etc (we can ask to speak with the Doctor too) amongst others.

1 Like

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by IyaZainab: 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2021
I am happy that you are not discouraged by the ungratefulness of people that you have helped in the past
Let me use this medium to table my needs back up with proofs
I teach in a private school and earn 8,000 monthly
I have three kids
I have been helped by @money121 during his birthday
He helped me with foodstuffs which I did a video and sent to him on WhatsApp

I want to start my business of buying charcoal in bags and reselling in nylon
Not only that sir, I used to sell eggs before but I stopped during lockdown due to lack of funds

The pictures have been deleted as you all suggested

7 Likes

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2021
Great plan to give out to the community.

Those asking for pictures of the family should rethink.

Unless the pictures will be sent privately.
I don't advice anyone here to post their pictures on Nairaland, there are a lot of blackmailers/trolls here.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by sirBLUNT: 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2021
I will suggest cc: pocohantas for the disboursement she has a good heart Cc: snowland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by snowland(m): 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
KiNg0G:
check very well, one homeless man just pass you like so.

Dimwits like you only think everyone needs attention to live their lives. Boy, you are so wrong. I'm not in your league. Going through your posts shows how shallow minded you are. Not only are you shallow in thoughts, your IQ is next to nothing if at 19 years, you struggled to wear a seat belt and in your intelligent mind, you are encouraging people to appreciate the power of time. I'm embarrased just like your uncle was. Well, in your defense, a baby at 19 is a baby forever.
And oh my "now I have 4 cars", why not start a car dealership? People have 10 cars, they aren't bragging about it. Get a life, you motherfucking Racist and stop being an asshole.

3 Likes

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by stacyadams: 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2021
snowland:

Thanks.
Snowland.

Pick three single mothers and three single fathers,three nuclear family and one orphan..there house addresses will be physically verified.. them regional church or mosque pastors and Alfas will vouch for them too.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by KiNg0G: 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2021
snowland:

Dimwits like you only think everyone needs attention to live their lives. Boy, you are so wrong. I'm not in your league. Going through your posts shows how shallow minded you are. Not only are you shallow in thoughts, your IQ is next to nothing if at 19 years, you struggled to wear a seat belt and in your intelligent mind, you are encouraging people to appreciate the power of time. I'm embarrased just like your uncle was. Well, in your defense, a baby at 19 is a baby forever.
And oh my "now I have 4 cars", why not start a car dealership? People have 10 cars, they aren't bragging about it. Get a life, you motherfucking Racist and stop being an asshole.
k
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by money121(m): 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2021
snowland:

Thanks.
Snowland.
More blessing my brother
Just try to do proper investigation some of them don't need this money

Wish you best of luck my brother

Giver Never Lack
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by IyaZainab: 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
snowland:

Honourable, you don't need to reply him sir
He's a troll seeking attention through you since you have many followers
Let's report his post and he's gone on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by IyaZainab: 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
money121:

More blessing my brother
Just try to do proper investigation some of them don't need this money

Wish you best of luck my brother

Giver Never Lack

From the originator of giveaways
Thank you sir for initiating this
People are already following your kind footsteps
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by superintendents(m): 2:51pm On Dec 08, 2021
snowland:

Alright, let me make it clear, the person disbursing is not in any position to be the one to select the 10 families. I will select the families myself based on the best idea suggested (if any). Then I'll give the families details to the person for disbursement. I hope that clears the misunderstanding?

Secondly, I'm not currently in Nigeria. As laudable as your idea of orphanage is, it's out of the equation.

Thirdly, the person disbursing is not chosen by volunteering but by recommendations. Anybody can volunteer himself or herself and make away with the money, only recommended fellow with good track record is going to be considered.

Thanks for your suggestion though.
boss consider me oo.I no be family man,but seriously I need money.

even 5k is welcome..

cheers.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by chieni(f): 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2021
Miracood2:
Great plan to give out to the community.

Those asking for pictures of the family should rethink.

Unless the pictures will be sent privately.
I don't advice anyone here to post their pictures on Nairaland, there are a lot of blackmailers/trolls here.
Exactly. privately during the selection process.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by pocohantas(f): 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2021
sirBLUNT:
I will suggest cc: pocohantas for the disboursement she has a good heart
Cc: snowland

Thanks for the mention and compliment.

I wouldn’t advise anyone to drop his/her pictures and details here. They should be able to receive without fear of backlash or trolling that has become the standard after giveaways.

They can send you a PM to indicate interest, you go through their posts/mentions to get a bit of their history. If it pleases you, you can select such a person. Everything would happen in the DM and stay there. Anyone who chooses to post their family pictures here, does so at his/her volition/risk.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Orente21(f): 3:51pm On Dec 08, 2021
Please I also need little assistance.I m a teacher with kids.
I also recommend pocohantas to help distribute the money. Thanks sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcomes Twins After 13 Years Of Waiting (Photos) / Man Refuses To Take Child To Hospital After Blood Flowed To Her Head.See Why.PIC / "I Have Been Dreaming Of My Mother Recently" - Man Who Lost His Mum Needs Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.