Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Robert Lewandowski Clarifies Comments On Lionel Messi After Losing Ballon D’or - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Robert Lewandowski Clarifies Comments On Lionel Messi After Losing Ballon D’or (907 Views)

Argentina To Honor Messi After Retirement By Retiring No. 10 Jersey. / Lewandowski To Be Named "Best Player In The World" After Losing Ballon D’or / Toni Kroos On Lionel Messi's Ballon D'or Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robert Lewandowski Clarifies Comments On Lionel Messi After Losing Ballon D’or by freesoul12: 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2021
Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski has clarified his comments on Lionel Messi's Balon d'Or speech, stating that the Argentine's words touched him.

The Polish forward's initial response had led some to believe that he was questioning Messi's sincerity, but he wanted to clear the matter up in a recent interview.

"[My comments] are being misinterpreted. I never said that Messi's words weren't sincere," Lewandowski told Polish channel 'Kanale Sportowym'.

"On the contrary, his speech at the ceremony in Paris when he said that, in his opinion I deserved the 2020 Ballon d'Or, moved me and truly made me happy.

"With my comments I just wanted to say that, of course, I would be very happy if Messi's words were listened to. I respect and appreciate Lionel Messi beyond measure and again I congratulate him for winning the 2021 Ballon d'Or."

Messi said in his acceptance speech on being handed the 2021 award that it would be fair if Lewandowski was given the 2020 trophy, which was not awarded due to the pandemic.

The Bayern striker later said he hoped that it was "an honest statement from a great player, and not just words," which led to the misunderstanding.
Re: Robert Lewandowski Clarifies Comments On Lionel Messi After Losing Ballon D’or by ekanx27(m): 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2021
Okay, Noted, Next
Re: Robert Lewandowski Clarifies Comments On Lionel Messi After Losing Ballon D’or by ghostboy: 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
Messi and his fellow midgets are thiefs and should all be sentenced to life imprisonment!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robert Lewandowski Clarifies Comments On Lionel Messi After Losing Ballon D’or by OJEEMAH(m): 10:10pm On Dec 08, 2021
We know those that twisted his words to suit their wack narrative.

They never over come Balon D'or shock grin grin

Nemesis!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Lewandowski Clarifies Comments On Lionel Messi After Losing Ballon D’or by Ofunwa111: 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
freesoul12:
Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski has clarified his comments on Lionel Messi's Balon d'Or speech, stating that the Argentine's words touched him.

The Polish forward's initial response had led some to believe that he was questioning Messi's sincerity, but he wanted to clear the matter up in a recent interview.

"[My comments] are being misinterpreted. I never said that Messi's words weren't sincere," Lewandowski told Polish channel 'Kanale Sportowym'.

"On the contrary, his speech at the ceremony in Paris when he said that, in his opinion I deserved the 2020 Ballon d'Or, moved me and truly made me happy.

"With my comments I just wanted to say that, of course, I would be very happy if Messi's words were listened to. I respect and appreciate Lionel Messi beyond measure and again I congratulate him for winning the 2021 Ballon d'Or."

Messi said in his acceptance speech on being handed the 2021 award that it would be fair if Lewandowski was given the 2020 trophy, which was not awarded due to the pandemic.

The Bayern striker later said he hoped that it was "an honest statement from a great player, and not just words," which led to the misunderstanding.

But the same Messi voted in this order for FIFA BEST 2020. Neymar, Mbappe, Lewandoski. If he was truly honest , it should have been the other way round.... One is arrogant , one is humble so they said.... cheesy. Last week Pascal Ferre goes on to say, there is no assurance that Lewandoski would have actually won the 2020 award.... Words from Robbers and Liars ...
Re: Robert Lewandowski Clarifies Comments On Lionel Messi After Losing Ballon D’or by Numerouno94(m): 7:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
OJEEMAH:
We know those that twisted his words to suit their wack narrative.

They never over come Balon D'or shock grin grin

Nemesis!!

Pendu nd his fans in the mud.

I knew Lewi was qouted out of context. Lewi must hv spoken in Polish nd those bad bele Pendu's fans qouted him out of context. The Lewi i knw is a cool guy, can never b caught attacking Messi.
Re: Robert Lewandowski Clarifies Comments On Lionel Messi After Losing Ballon D’or by Numerouno94(m): 7:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
Obembet aka Obembedu come nd see something pls. U hv bn busted again. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Robert Lewandowski Clarifies Comments On Lionel Messi After Losing Ballon D’or by paulolee(m): 9:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
thanks lewa for clearifying that statement n hope it makes f.p make cr7 fan boy cry more..
lewa congratulated leo simply means dt he av moved on but some haters still de cry

1 Like

Re: Robert Lewandowski Clarifies Comments On Lionel Messi After Losing Ballon D’or by paulolee(m): 9:12pm On Dec 09, 2021
ghostboy:
Messi and his fellow midgets are thiefs and should all be sentenced to life imprisonment!
like seriously u still wailing?? omor ur own pains kum worst pass cr7 own bcox e don almost forget am, u go cry reach next year o

1 Like

Re: Robert Lewandowski Clarifies Comments On Lionel Messi After Losing Ballon D’or by freesoul12: 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2021
Ofunwa111:
lolll

But the same Messi voted in this order for FIFA BEST 2020. Neymar, Mbappe, Lewandoski. If he was truly honest , it should have been the other way round.... One is arrogant , one is humble so they said.... cheesy. Last week Pascal Ferre goes on to say, there is no assurance that Lewandoski would have actually won the 2020 award.... Words from Robbers and Liars ...
Re: Robert Lewandowski Clarifies Comments On Lionel Messi After Losing Ballon D’or by Jirehrealestate: 4:13pm On Dec 11, 2021
We all know the English and some of their colonies are the ones bickering and panel-beating the final result of the Ballon d'Or award.

Lewandowski is a great guy and a good finisher of the ball.

He knows it's an honour sharing the podium of the most prestigious individual honours in world football with the GOAT. This alone is a feat worth celebrating.

As long as football is the subject of discussion, Messi should NEVER be questioned.

As long as Lionel Messi still plays the game of football, no one should ever with an award over him, aside the Dubai award though.

If you're angry, stop watching football till he retires.

(1) (Reply)

Creating A Whatsapp Group Where We Can Just Drop Booking Codes And Predictions / Casemiro: Biography, Age, Wife, Net Worth. / Where Una Dey ! Almighty Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.