Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki (12312 Views)

My Honest Review About Fibreone In 2022 / Pls Who Knows About Ecart Internet Service ? I Just Received A Credit Alert Fro / A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by sensisosu: 10:53am On Dec 09, 2021
I have been with fiberone for a almost 2 months now and I will be dropping my honest review about their service.

If you are looking for an average service for normal day to day streaming of YouTube and Netflix, I would recommend their service. The 15mbps for 11k is great enough for anyone who is looking for an average service.

Cons-
Worst customer service ever
It takes forever for them to fix disruption in service
Untrained customer service staffs who only say “we are sorry, this will be worked on”

I am sorry I really do not have a good experience with this company, I got this company through recommendations from Nairaland but my experiences has been hell.

So because I wasn’t satisfied with the 15mb speed, I decided to upgrade my speed to their highest speed limit which is 152mb. Worst mistake of my life. All I got was a measly 60mbps at best and I complained on Monday, today is Thursday, my internet hasn’t been fixed, no one has reached out to find out if the internet is working, I am constantly texting through Instagram and WhatsApp to lay complaints, I have called multiple times to complain, all I got was I am sorry this will be worked on.

Since this issue has been going on, nobody from fiberone has deemed it fit to even call to find out how they can help or if I am okay with their service. I was told an engineer will come over to my residence but two days later nobody has shown up or even given me a call.

I will be adding pictures of my speed test at different intervals and on different days.

Conclusion.
If you need regular and average speed and you do not mind constant service interruption, poor customer service, talking to untrained customer service rep like a brick wall. They this is good.

If you need premium service with good customer service and if you need to keep your sanity in check please look elsewhere..

But there again, my experiences might be different from you but this is my personal honest review.

2 Likes

Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by FullDepth1: 11:00am On Dec 09, 2021
Is there any other good Internet Service provider within that axis, which is in the same price range ?
Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by whisp3r(m): 11:44am On Dec 09, 2021
I think you're getting a good deal for that amount.

I pay N15,500 on Spectranet and get 70gb/month. With less than 30mbps download speed and less 5han 3mpbs upload speed.

I doubt you can get any other ISP with a better service.

Fibreone uses Fibre optic cables for their internet connections. In Nigeria, 60mbps is a LOT.

You're even getting 77mbps upload speed. This is the first time I'm seeing such upload speed.

I recommend sticking with them.

5 Likes

Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by whisp3r(m): 12:00pm On Dec 09, 2021
I did some research, according to Speedtest.net, the fastest ISP in Nigeria is ipNX(ipxnigeria) followed by KkonTech (Fibreone).

You can check their ranking here:

https://www.speedtest.net/global-index/nigeria#fixed

You can learn more about ipNX on their website: https://ipnxnigeria.net

1 Like

Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by sensisosu: 6:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
whisp3r:

I pay N15,500 on Spectranet and get 70gb/month. With less than 30mbps download speed and less 5han 3mpbs upload speed.

Fibreone uses Fibre optic cables for their internet connections. In Nigeria, 60mbps is a LOT.

You're even getting 77mbps upload speed. This is the first time I'm seeing such upload speed.

Do you have any idea how much I paid ? 64k

Do you know how much I for 1gig of speed in the US? $60. That’s half of what they are charging me and still frustrating the shit out of me..

My only issue is, atleast reach out to your customer and let them know you are working on their concern.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by whisp3r(m): 7:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hi,

I understand how you feel but you need to remember you're now in a third-world country.

Things work differently here.

1 Like

Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by Rhaspody(m): 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2021
whisp3r:

Wrong analogy. If He paid for 150mbps, He should be getting 120mbps at least. He knows why he went for the 150mbps.

Mind you, 60mbps is just 7.5 Megabytes per sec and 150mbps is 18 Megabytes per second. He is getting less than half of what He paid for

3 Likes

Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by sensisosu: 9:09am On Dec 10, 2021
Rhaspody:

Wrong analogy. If He paid for 150mbps, He should be getting 120mbps at least. He knows why he went for the 150mbps.

Mind you, 60mbps is just 7.5 Megabytes per sec and 150mbps is 18 Megabytes per second. He is getting less than half of what He paid for

Thank you my brother.. even if it’s 100 self Walahi I won’t be this agitated.. but bro even the 60 is once in a while, what I get is within 30 to 35 mbps. Why didn’t I stick with Mtn or airtel then.. even with airtel I got 80 to 100 mbps

2 Likes

Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by sensisosu: 1:46pm On Dec 19, 2021
Update-

This is my update after 2 weeks of my initial complaints with Fiberone.

Their engineers were able to detect the problem which was to increase my bandwidth from their backend, migrate me to a new portal and change my modem.

I can authoritatively say now that I am enjoying what I paid for and no complaints

9 Likes

Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by knownenigma: 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2022
One thing I’ve noticed with us is that we do not calm down to even talk to these companies about our issues with them and try to see how to solve it. Instead we go about bad-mouthing them online which leaves a very nasty image on prospective users (even when they are not that bad). Even if you later correct the bad impression by telling how they later solved your problem…it doesn’t erase the bad picture painted.

But I’m glad you’re one of the good guys who come back to write them good after solving your complaints. Some won’t even bother after writing them bad and spoiling their sales.

Kudos brother��

3 Likes

Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by knownenigma: 8:51pm On Jan 05, 2022
sensisosu:
Update-

This is my update after 2 weeks of my initial complaints with Fiberone.

Their engineers were able to detect the problem which was to increase my bandwidth from their backend, migrate me to a new portal and change my modem.

I can authoritatively say now that I am enjoying what I paid for and no complaints

One thing I’ve noticed with us is that we do not calm down to even talk to these companies about our issues with them and try to see how to solve it. Instead we go about bad-mouthing them online which leaves a very nasty image on prospective users (even when they are not that bad). Even if you later correct the bad impression by telling how they later solved your problem…it doesn’t erase the bad picture painted.

But I’m glad you’re one of the good guys who come back to write them good after solving your complaints. Some won’t even bother after writing them bad and spoiling their sales.

Kudos brother��
Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by retiredGamer: 6:33pm On Apr 04, 2022
Thanks sensisosu, I found your post really informative, I just relocated to around Orchid road and will like to give FiberOne a try.

When I saw your post it really informed my decision. I pay 57k a month for my Swift Wttx and was happy with the 30mbps plan they put
me on. Now that I can go as high as 80 -100 on FiberOne, I'm going to try them out. Fingers crossed.

By your explanation, worst case scenario I'll be back on 30 mbps grin

1 Like

Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by retiredGamer: 1:27pm On Apr 05, 2022
update: I'm seeing really bad reviews from customers on their google home page undecided

https://www.google.com/search?q=fiber+one\\
Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by SirbobbyDgreat: 4:10am On Apr 06, 2022
Hello All, I have Airtel Outdoor Unit(ODU) that can service as a back up for your fibreone with an even better Mbps.

It can take over 32 Users at a time with better network coverage. Call or WhatsApp 09057518269

Cost 70k and it comes with 240gb plus you can check your preferred subscription plan below

Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by morikee: 5:14am On Apr 06, 2022
SirbobbyDgreat:
Hello All, I have Airtel Outdoor Unit(ODU) that can service as a back up for your fibreone with an even better Mbps.

It can take over 32 Users at a time with better network coverage. Call or WhatsApp 09057518269

Cost 70k and it comes with 240gb plus you can check your preferred subscription plan below

These Plans no make sense at all there is no single unlimited plan there

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by SirbobbyDgreat: 6:14am On Apr 06, 2022
morikee:

These Plans no make sense at all there is no single unlimited plan there
Trust me nobody would give you unlimited actually,that is where the FUP(fair usage policy) comes in
Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by morikee: 9:00am On Apr 06, 2022
SirbobbyDgreat:
Trust me nobody would give you unlimited actually,that is where the FUP(fair usage policy) comes in

I don't think there is any FUP on Fibre Net
Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by SirbobbyDgreat: 9:13am On Apr 06, 2022
morikee:

I don't think there is any FUP on Fibre Net
Every thing that comes with unlimited has FUP in the terms and conditions but then Sir you can't compare fibre net with ODU like I said this could serve you as a back up because some days the fibre can be down for weeks
Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by morikee: 10:03am On Apr 06, 2022
SirbobbyDgreat:
Every thing that comes with unlimited has FUP in the terms and conditions but then Sir you can't compare fibre net with ODU like I said this could serve you as a back up because some days the fibre can be down for weeks

Ok sir i wish you all the best.
Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by SirbobbyDgreat: 10:11am On Apr 06, 2022
morikee:

Ok sir i wish you all the best.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by ican2020: 4:21am On Jul 25, 2022
Are they still reliable cause I plan stopping over at their office this week
Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by oluamid(m): 9:30am On Sep 06, 2023
FullDepth1:
Is there any other good Internet Service provider within that axis, which is in the same price range ?

I don't know if this is still relevant but you might want to consider Timeless. They are lesser known but the service is top notch. https://timelessnet.com If you're desperate.
Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by Obadeyemi9ja(m): 10:26pm On Oct 14, 2023
Interestingly, Fiberone is still crappy.

You get incessant service disruptions and their staff attend to you releunctantly, as they are being dragged to do the job.
Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by mysticgal(f): 11:43am On Jan 10
Obadeyemi9ja:
Interestingly, Fiberone is still crappy.

You get incessant service disruptions and their staff attend to you releunctantly, as they are being dragged to do the job.

Is it still bad?
Re: Honest Review Of Fiberone Internet Service In Lekki by ibawon(m): 2:01pm On Jan 10
If not for location I would not have gotten Starlink but since I can carry it anywhere and use true unlimited internet, I am ok. But still FiberOne is really trying, especially on the island.

(1) (Reply)

Paypal payment on any site accepting paypal / Brand New Cisco Routers And Other Networking Materials For Sale / Acer, Hp, Sonyvaio, Dell And Toshiba Laptop Batteries For Sale At Cheap Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.