Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,361 members, 7,815,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. (2227 Views)

London-bound Nigerian Passenger Dies Aboard Egypt Air, Corpse ‘dumped In Cairo' / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse / Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by BABANGBALI: 10:59am On Dec 09, 2021
I am writing to share my experience about the covid PCR test in Amsterdam, Netherlands. I traveled out of Nigeria, with KLM via Amsterdam. My final destination is Calgary, Canada. .i had done the PCR test in Lagos, with Afriglobal, at their location on 20B Ladoke Akintola Street, Ikeja GRA. Lagos. Armed with that essential requirement, I boarded my flight and we took off at 10.35pm on Tuesday 7th December, 2021.

The flight was smooth, but the plane to our joy was scanty. .This translated to us having a row to ourselves, plenty leg room and the opportunity to sleep with a bit comfort.

.We landed at Schipol Airport ahead of schedule according to the pilot, bade goodbyes to acquaintances made during the flight whilst preparing for the second leg of the journey, for those of us going to Canada. There were at least fifteen Nigerians on the second leg to Canada, that I could count. .to our dismay, we were told that they would not be boarding us, those going to Calgary, Toronto and other major cities in Canada. The result has been that they have stopped honoring PCR tests done in Nigeria. .You can imagine our shame and embarrassment as Ghanaians came to the boarding desk, and the result of their tests were deem worthy of recognition. We were given two choices. (1) KLM would fly us back to Nigeria. (2) We can do a covid test within the airport with a lab called Novamediks. .the cost to us was two hundred and five Euros per head. It was also not possible to proceed with your flight, as we were told that standard PCR test required at least six hours to run.

The crux of the matter, as we were made aware is that ethics has taken the backstage in some of the labs and assay centers in Nigeria. They are aware of instances whereby people just pay and fail to submit to the tests. .this ought to and should stop forthwith, as it is creating embarrassment for us, not only as individuals, but as a Nation.

My other experiences at the Muritala Muhammed airport are matters for another day. .we need a total paradigm shift in our orientation, way of doing things and in customer service. This is the shame we have become as a country. Corruption everywhere that even Covid test certificate is now for the highest bidder..

Copied

9 Likes

Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by Fahdiga(m): 11:01am On Dec 09, 2021
I doubt if all this embarrassment would have been happening if the lifeless Buhari isn't the president

2 Likes

Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by daddytime(m): 11:02am On Dec 09, 2021
This is the shame we all will keep having to live with until we stop the new craze and lexicon of "japa", glamorizing every vice that should naturally be frowned upon, and face our demons head-on.

We need to keep speaking up and doing our bits at changing the messy narratives as they currently portend no matter how lonely our voices are.

We are only postponing judgement day but can never avert it.

Nigeria is all we have and saving it should be our collective responsibility.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by tofolo(m): 11:05am On Dec 09, 2021
Nigeria my country, someone was at home and the certificate was brought to him, and very genuine one. cry

4 Likes

Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by motymop: 11:06am On Dec 09, 2021
The same people abusing Nigeria about covid corruption will be the same people not to do test and bribe their way to get a fake covid result.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by BlackfireX: 11:18am On Dec 09, 2021
Why are you running away from Nigeria You committed a crime??

We the youths are solidly behind our darling president

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023
Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by Nonexisting: 11:18am On Dec 09, 2021
Come back if you can't bear the shame. This country is so messed up now that anyone who wants to fix it will be like a fool in the midst of "wise" people. The politicians are wasting our resources with nothing to show for it but people are dying of hunger and you say we should shun corruption. If I see who will buy this country now, I will sell it on Ebay. For the EFCC officials that came to my area yesterday, thunder fire all of you and may hunger kill all of you and your relatives. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by LeeSantos(m): 11:19am On Dec 09, 2021
... The country is doomed already.
Nigeria died 1960.
With the way things are really going. She is ending sooner than later.
If u like keeping holding to your faith that no one or nothing will separate the country, it not going to do anything. The deed has be done and it's irreversible.
Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by BABANGBALI: 11:34am On Dec 09, 2021
BlackfireX:
Why are you running away from Nigeria You committed a crime??

We the youths are solidly behind our darling president

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023
very dry! Try another one

2 Likes

Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by BlackfireX: 11:35am On Dec 09, 2021
BABANGBALI:
very dry! Try another one

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023

Lets unite with our darling president to make this country great
Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by BABANGBALI: 11:37am On Dec 09, 2021
BlackfireX:

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023

Lets unite with our darling president to make this country great
dryer than dry. Mtcheeeeeew
Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by BlackfireX: 11:39am On Dec 09, 2021
BABANGBALI:
dryer than dry. Mtcheeeeeew

Now go and hit your head on a time bomb... mumu
Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by BABANGBALI: 11:46am On Dec 09, 2021
BlackfireX:

Now go and hit your head on a time bomb... mumu
e pain am. Fokn asslicker
Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by heniford2: 12:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
Is bad
Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by Richy4(m): 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2021
If anyone speaks about the embarrassment some people were deliberately inflicting on others due to their actions... The usual chorus is 'No body holy pass'...

The embarrassment go reach every body.. if u no partake in it today because U think nothing can take U out of the country, your children will come back someday and tell u what they have suffered because of the fact that they were Nigeria passport holders. smiley..

2 Likes

Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by LibertyRep: 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hmmn!

Can Nigeria ever reclaim her lost glories?
Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by Nemesis0147(m): 1:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
LibertyRep:
Hmmn!

Can Nigeria ever reclaim her lost glories?
which glory did Nigeria loss and when?
Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by Khd95(m): 2:28pm On Dec 09, 2021
I know someone that didn't take the vaccine shots, but he has his card, to show he had gotten the two shots.

There is something genetically wro g with most nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by ednut1(m): 2:45pm On Dec 09, 2021
Till corrupt people start getting shot and beheaded these wont stop. The same corrupt bastards will still go to church and mosque o

1 Like

Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
Thanks my brother for this post. Those countries are right about our nation. We joke everything. The officials in NCDC who do this are the real terrorists of our nation. The DSS, ARMY, EFCC, ICPC, POLICE, CIVIL DEFENCE, etc should be set after them. They should be punished for the embarrassment they cause Nigeria. The NCDC Boss should resign immediately. And by the way, I attended UNESCO function on Bioethics, and came face to face with the shame that Nigeria has no Bioethics Commission. It is this commission that checks the ethics of operation of health professionals and others. Let's be serious Nigeria.

BABANGBALI:
I am writing to share my experience about the covid PCR test in Amsterdam, Netherlands. I traveled out of Nigeria, with KLM via Amsterdam. My final destination is Calgary, Canada. .i had done the PCR test in Lagos, with Afriglobal, at their location on 20B Ladoke Akintola Street, Ikeja GRA. Lagos. Armed with that essential requirement, I boarded my flight and we took off at 10.35pm on Tuesday 7th December, 2021.

The flight was smooth, but the plane to our joy was scanty. .This translated to us having a row to ourselves, plenty leg room and the opportunity to sleep with a bit comfort.

.We landed at Schipol Airport ahead of schedule according to the pilot, bade goodbyes to acquaintances made during the flight whilst preparing for the second leg of the journey, for those of us going to Canada. There were at least fifteen Nigerians on the second leg to Canada, that I could count. .to our dismay, we were told that they would not be boarding us, those going to Calgary, Toronto and other major cities in Canada. The result has been that they have stopped honoring PCR tests done in Nigeria. .You can imagine our shame and embarrassment as Ghanaians came to the boarding desk, and the result of their tests were deem worthy of recognition. We were given two choices. (1) KLM would fly us back to Nigeria. (2) We can do a covid test within the airport with a lab called Novamediks. .the cost to us was two hundred and five Euros per head. It was also not possible to proceed with your flight, as we were told that standard PCR test required at least six hours to run.

The crux of the matter, as we were made aware is that ethics has taken the backstage in some of the labs and assay centers in Nigeria. They are aware of instances whereby people just pay and fail to submit to the tests. .this ought to and should stop forthwith, as it is creating embarrassment for us, not only as individuals, but as a Nation.

My other experiences at the Muritala Muhammed airport are matters for another day. .we need a total paradigm shift in our orientation, way of doing things and in customer service. This is the shame we have become as a country. Corruption everywhere that even Covid test certificate is now for the highest bidder..

Copied
Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by Ovamboland(m): 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
Fahdiga:
I doubt if all this embarrassment would have been happening if the lifeless Buhari isn't the president

Can you rest without praying to Buhari your god in a day?
Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by Fahdiga(m): 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

Can you rest without praying to Buhari your god in a day?
Shatap
Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by GboyegaD(m): 11:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
Why are we like this despite our religious activities and involvement.

1 Like

Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by 8BitGee(m): 8:38am On Dec 10, 2021
It is indeed embarrassing and it is one of the reasons why we keep getting put on the red countries list or subjected to outrageously expensive hotel quarantine schemes.

We often claim xenophobia when these things happen, however, honest observers know the extent of the corruption ingrained in the psyche of the average Nigerian. Marriage scams, forgery, get rich quick schemes, we have seen it all, it's despicable.

And please don't try to push the narrative that these ethical flaws only exists in Nigerians in Nigeria, my Nigerian passport expires next year and I have been saddened by the thoughts of having to interact with that embassy in Dublin because you know what.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Israel Visa / Meet Iranian Man Who Has Lived In A Paris Airport Since 1988 Because He Lost His / Can Anyone Confirm These Transport Fares?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.