Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,302 members, 7,829,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford (2860 Views)

Wizkid Cars, Houses, Networth And Comparison With Olamide & Davido! / Nigeria Signs MOU With Volkswagen For Manufacturing Of Vehicles In The Country / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
sequel to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5670867/opel-zafira-good-car-transport

Someone asked me ,if I would not recommend the opel zafira to anybody ,why do I still drive it even after 10 years and more

Well in the other thread the guy asking about the opel zafira wanted to use it for business

Now ,reasons why I would recommend the opel zafira for personal use only includes
1 cheap spare parts .for example bought the whole fan unit for 4k ,clutch plate and disc 6k ,..last time I changed it ! -Minus workmanship
2 Fuel economy ,its a 1.8 litre engine sooooooo.....
3 can carry all my drinking friends while we going outing
4 its a cheap car but looks expensive
5 mechanics are readily available where I reside

Now reasons why I wouldn't recommend it for business purposes ,in lieu of the volkswagen sharan or ford galaxy

1 The Ford galaxy or sharan is more spacious ,than opel zafira ,that means carrying more payload .

2 the sharan is faster than the opel .note.. I've driven both cars to a reasonable extent .although the sharan has a 2.0 litre engine, im not certain about the fuel economy as I've a heavy foot .

3 the sharan is used more widely ,since its for transport ,getting a mechanic is more easier than opel which is used most times only in the north

4 the sharan could be fitted with bigger tires ..pot holes ain't got nothing on you

5 electricians kinda understand the electrical components of the sharan more ,I know this because most of the people selling thier opel are pointing to the electronics as the sole reason ,(that is people I know or randomly met and discussed about the car with )

6 sharan is more stable at high speeds ,when driving without vehicle occupants. The zafira starts bouncing once you clock 100 ,you can only be a dear devil maybe at 110 ,120 upwards its suicide never tried it on the opel ..very unstable

7 alright engine quality is top notch ,as far as you do the necessary things involved in due time ,I do know its the same with the sharan .

1 Like

Re: My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by babyboy4every1: 8:54pm On Dec 11, 2021
Definitely, you do not know anything about the zafira. Go to epe in Lagos and ask people using the opel for transport. Using your area as a case study has made you biased. The sharan is good likewise the opel. Just that the opel is too small for my liking

1 Like

Re: My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2021
I'm not totally biased In my comparison as I've said its too small for it to be used for transport although they cost almost the same ,I'm sure those that are using the zafira for transport are only doing so because its cheaper
Re: My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by babyboy4every1: 3:54pm On Dec 13, 2021
33bandit:
I'm not totally biased In my comparison as I've said its too small for it to be used for transport although they cost almost the same ,I'm sure those that are using the zafira for transport are only doing so becaulse its cheaper
You could be right, but Not necessarily because it is cheaper. If it's because it is cheaper I would have gone for it instead of spending extra million to get the VW. My brother, forget, the car is strong if you get the mechanic wey Sabi wella

1 Like

Re: My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
babyboy4every1:

You could be right, but Not necessarily because it is cheaper. If it's because it is cheaper I would have gone for it instead of spending extra million to get the VW. My brother, forget, the car is strong if you get the mechanic wey Sabi wella
I'm not sure I understand the first paragraph. How ever I didn't say its not strong ,I just pointed it out that the electrical parts are shit and only few people understand it
Re: My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2021
iliyande
Re: My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2021
erico2k2
Re: My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by babyboy4every1: 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2021
33bandit:

I'm not sure I understand the first paragraph. How ever I didn't say its not strong ,I just pointed it out that the electrical parts are shit and only few people understand it
You said people buy the zafira because it's cheap, hence, my first paragtaph
Re: My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2021
babyboy4every1:

You said people buy the zafira because it's cheap, hence, my first paragtaph

Yeah the sharon and galaxy are more expensive than the zafira .
Re: My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by erico2k2(m): 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2021
33bandit:
erico2k2
yes?
Re: My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by iliyande(m): 2:53am On Dec 15, 2021
Talking of being spacious, yes zafira can't be compared with vw Sharon and galaxy Ford but when you said speed and stability @100? That's not true. Opel is recommended when it comes to stability.

I left Abuja 5.30am and arrived Jalingo 1-2pm most times. overtaking Sharon is one of the easiest things zafira do with ease because when Sharon braked, picking up immediately is not always easy for them (my personal experience).

I've used 2.2 and 1.8 Zafira and both were very efficient and served me well. I can't really say anything about Sharon because I have not used it before.

Note: opel parts are generally cheap compared to other brands in Nigeria.

I am currently using signum v6

1 Like

Re: My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 19, 2021
iliyande:
Talking of being spacious, yes zafira can't be compared with vw Sharon and galaxy Ford but when you said speed and stability @100? That's not true. Opel is recommended when it comes to stability.

I left Abuja 5.30am and arrived Jalingo 1-2pm most times. overtaking Sharon is one of the easiest things zafira do with ease because when Sharon braked, picking up immediately is not always easy for them (my personal experience).

I've used 2.2 and 1.8 Zafira and both were very efficient and served me well. I can't really say anything about Sharon because I have not used it before.

Note: opel parts are generally cheap compared to other brands in Nigeria.

I am currently using signum v6
Maybe the sharon youre racing is full while your car was empty ..I'm typing as someone who drove both cars before for a while.?as I've outline opel parts are cheap and yes signum is a car with low center of gravity, u can't say such for zafira ,as its unstable at high speeds ,,I'm talking about speeds like 120, 130 ..or is it just mine that is like that ...talk true o boss ..it seems you're hyping zafira too much
Re: My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by babyboy4every1: 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2021
[quote author=33bandit post=108646130]
Maybe the sharon youre racing is full while your car was empty ..I'm typing as someone who drove both cars before for a while.?as I've outline opel parts are cheap and yes signum is a car with low center of gravity, u can't say such for zafira ,as its unstable at high speeds ,,I'm talking about speeds like 120, 130 ..or is it just mine that is like that ...talk true o boss ..it seems you're hyping zafira too much/qopuote]
Me never use zafira. Infact, I don't like it at all. I am currently using vw touran 07, But truth be told, the car (zafira) strong die. As for stability at high speed, can't say much about that, cos I never drive one
Re: My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 20, 2021
[quote author=babyboy4every1 post=108647046][/quote] how do you know its strong ..
You mentioned it like its some Mercedes benz we talking about lol
Re: My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by babyboy4every1: 10:26pm On Dec 20, 2021
33bandit:
how do you know its strong ..
You mentioned it like its some Mercedes benz we talking about lol
Like I've said earlier, go to epe and see yourself. The road was bad (recently tarred and still ongoing). Also, go to ijebu ode and see for yourself. Even in abeokuta now, zafira is becoming so popular. Zafira of 2 years are still going strong with their follow come engine. I told you I don't like the car. I am using vw touran. I am not defending the car. Saying reality. The car strong die.

1 Like

Re: My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2021
babyboy4every1:

Like I've said earlier, go to epe and see yourself. The road was bad (recently tarred and still ongoing). Also, go to ijebu ode and see for yourself. Even in abeokuta now, zafira is becoming so popular. Zafira of 2 years are still going strong with their follow come engine. I told you I don't like the car. I am using vw touran. I am not defending the car. Saying reality. The car strong die.

Yes its strong .I agree

(1) (Reply)

BMW E46 3-series 4-door Smoke CCFL Projector Headlight For Cheap Sale / Conversion Of Right Hand Car Drive / 09 Highlander V6 (2gr) Burnt 2quarts Of Oil In 1750miles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.