Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

"i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu (4875 Views)

Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? / Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) / Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by smile4kenn(m): 5:32am On Jun 13, 2011
Aiyegbeni missed a scoring chance for Nigeria against South Korea at the World Cup and the Lagos fans took the opportunity of seeing him play in the Nwankwo Kanu’s testimonial match to boo him.

He said, “It’s great to be back playing before the Lagos fans. It’s almost a decade since the last time I played in Lagos; it fun but I’m not bothered by the booing. The fans are happy when you play well, and they feel bad when you play poorly. I understand how they feel about me after the World Cup and I’m sorry about my performance.”

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110613192170
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by babyboy3(m): 11:02am On Jun 13, 2011
I guess his work permit needs to be renewed?

He needs the national team call up
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by Badesh(m): 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2011
Aiyegbeni does not need to apologise for his misdeed at the world cup na, afterall his compatriot (Kaita) complimented his foolishness within the team. Who needs an apology from him, mscheeeeeewwww?. He shouldn't just think his name will wipe out from our memories in such quick time. Good riddance to bad rubbish!!!!!. I hear he is even asking to come back to the eagles' team.

I trust Siasia will not renege on his word as per the guy so that posterity will write his name in gold.
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by 190: 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2011
How can someone call himself YAKUBU and your country NIGERIA took him to the world cup

players like EDEN HARZARD are there and nigeria took YAKUBUKU To the world cup and expected to win a cup

Thank God im not Nigerian undecided
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by Roland17(m): 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2011
Its to late to apologize, Yakubu its tooooo late, now you don dey very Humble and meek.
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2011
A National call-up is normal, it is his right to ask/seek for it as it is every other young and aspiring potential Super Eagle. Yaks should start counting down to retirement. he has done very well for himself and the Nation. Allow the young to break in and perform just like he did at the academy
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by Aikaynmeri: 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2011
U idiot, where in d world does medicine after death work?? just go back to ur division2 club and continue ur miserable career,
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by Ayoobscom(m): 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2011
Aiyegbeni does not need to apologise for his misdeed at the world cup na, afterall his compatriot (Kaita) complimented his foolishness within the team. Who needs an apology from him, mscheeeeeewwww?. He shouldn't just think his name will wipe out from our memories in such quick time. Good riddance to bad rubbish!!!!!. I hear he is even asking to come back to the eagles' team.

I trust Siasia will not renege on his word as per the guy so that posterity will write his name in gold.

You see what this goat has written on this beautiful wall baffles me, Yakubu is next to Rashidi Yekini in goals scoring for Nigeria.so your dead head is not as patriotic as he's

besides is not every nigerian that is wicked unforgiven like you, He is welcome and Super eagle hasn't a striker like him up till now.

THE BEST NIGERIAN PLAYER IN PREMIERSHIP WITH HIGHEST GOAL EVER.

People like this have learnt Egnlish in school not art reasoning,

I feel like punching This badesh on his Pimpled face

I would have to punch your face
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by osas007(m): 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2011
So he don turn war say person no play well for game?Na wa for una ooo, Like you guys are the genius in everything you do self, He has apologized and i believe its all that matters.So why still raining insults on him, Good Man is no God,
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by madago: 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2011
hahahahahah.abeg naija make we forgive Yakubu,after all no be hin be the first.
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by Ayoobscom(m): 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2011
See them condemning Yakubu like they have ever don something for this country,

Nawa o, You people can go ahead and slaughter him for missing a chance less to what almighty Ronaldo and Messi has missed,

go ahead! IDIOTS
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by solomto(f): 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2011
Ayoobscom:

See them condemning Yakubu like they have ever don something for this country,

Nawa o, You people can go ahead and slaughter him for missing a chance less to what almighty Ronaldo and Messi has missed,

go ahead! IDIOTS
yakubu brother dey vex seriously o! mek una 4gv am na.
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by ikooko(m): 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2011
Damn too late.
except yakubu can score 5 goals per march for Nigeria, 10 billion sorry will not erase the trauma.
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by andyanders: 5:02pm On Jun 13, 2011
[b]I am one of those advocating that Yakubu Ayegbeni should not be allowed to play for Nigeria again because of his comment after we lost out of the world cup. He was asked by one of the media houses " if he regretted or feel bad about the goal he missed" Yakubu replied that he doesn't have any regret and cannot apologize to Nigerians.

That was the only way he could tell Nigerians how silly he is. We Nigerians had expected him to have said, that he was sorry for that goal, that it was a human error and he will make an amend in other matches when given the opportunity.

Why was he arrogant in his statement? He is been paid with Tax Payers money and should at least, if he is reasonable to have known that one should reason before he/she voices out anything. His statement goes to show that he insulted Nigerians.

Is he better than Rashidi Yekini, Austin J. J Okocha, Kalu Nwankwo, and host of others? Not at all. He should forget about coming back to eagles camp. Let him stay and look for his bread out there and forget Nigeria. He is even very old guy as he is nothing below 37yrs old. He is just too old and has over stayed. He felt he is better than any other Nigerian or player in the world. No better team can sign him anywhere in the world again.
[/b]
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by Reference(m): 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2011
andyanders:

[b]I am one of those advocating that Yakubu Ayegbeni should not be allowed to play for Nigeria again because of his comment after we lost out of the world cup. He was asked by one of the media houses " if he regretted or feel bad about the goal he missed" Yakubu replied that he doesn't have any regret and cannot apologize to Nigerians.

That was the only way he could tell Nigerians how silly he is. We Nigerians had expected him to have said, that he was sorry for that goal, that it was a human error and he will make an amend in other matches when given the opportunity.

Why was he arrogant in his statement? He is been paid with Tax Payers money and should at least, if he is reasonable to have known that one should reason before he/she voices out anything. His statement goes to show that he insulted Nigerians.

Is he better than Rashidi Yekini, Austin J. J Okocha, Kalu Nwankwo, and host of others? Not at all. He should forget about coming back to eagles camp. Let him stay and look for his bread out there and forget Nigeria. He is even very old guy as he is nothing below 37yrs old. He is just too old and has over stayed. He felt he is better than any other Nigerian or player in the world. No better team can sign him anywhere in the world again.
[/b]

Ah ah. I thought they said he is 28 and at the peak of his career.
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by andyanders: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2011
@Reference

My brother, we are 9ija, when you see the true 28yr old Nigerian, you will know. Look at Yakubu and his money, his looks, you will come to know that Yakubu is almost 40yrs. Forget how he looks now, na 'cos of money. Let him stay in hardship in Nigeria, you will see gray hair on him cos of suffer.
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by Ayoobscom(m): 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2011
References and many other cripple minded devils on this thread who has never done anything applaudable for Nigeria wants Yakubu's head in place of the goal he missed--you should present your fruitless head instead,

Yakubu remains the Legend that he is both to Nigerian and in England

I'm asking you, what have you done for nigeria??

You rather sounded like one of those ballot boxes snatcher,

Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by Ayoobscom(m): 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2011
His innocent soul is fighting contributing his own bit.

What have you done, b4 you condemn anyone check your own profile

As if the goal wuld've won them the cup, a team that is bad is bad, Yakubu! yakubu! yakubu!!!!Efi omolomo Sile

Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2011
What the heck are you guys saying , he has missed glaring chances but this one tops it all. My aged grand father will net that ball , a nine month pregnant lady will pieces the net.
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by Ayoobscom(m): 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2011
Thank God we are not God!

when i see how mean people could be, If human is perfect then we are no different from God.

If you are God and have never made a mistake in your life then continue blaming Yakubu.

WE LOVE YOU MAN! ENJOY! apology accepted!

If you are angry go and be a footballer and score 20 goals in every matches for nigeria, untill then shut the smelly mouth

Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by Hardtalk: 6:14pm On Jun 13, 2011
I am really baffled at people's comment here. Irrespective of what, Yak has done well, I think we should allow his conscience to judge him. Even if many will not like this, give it to the young man, he has tried. We appreciate his own contribution, and urge him to move ahead with his life. National team jersey is not anyone's birthrite. To me, he should have simply apologised, and moved on! Afterall, that miss created the avenue for the clean up in the glass house. We all would have thought, all was well, but for that miss, That miss! That miss!! That mis!!! All should leave Yak alone,
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by MMM2(m): 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2011
yakubu
is 2 late 2 apologize.
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by mamagee3(f): 6:32pm On Jun 13, 2011
Who Cares?

He should be removed without honour from the Nigerian National team.

He's a disgrace!
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 13, 2011
lipsrsealed Yakubu should pls shut up his mouth.He is a big disgrace to we edo ppl and alo that stup1d aboki named Keita that fetched us a red card during the nigerian vs greece match.
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by funshiba(m): 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2011
IT SCHOCKS ME WHEN PEOPLE ARE LIKE THEY ARE PERFECT AND JUDGEMENTAL, ITS A SHAME THAT MOST OF THE PEOPLE TALKING HAVE NOT AND CANNOT DO NOTHING FOR THEMSELVES TALKLESS OF THEIR COUNTRY,

ITS A SHAME THAT PEOPLE FORGET WHAT YAKIE HAS DONE FOR NIGERIANS,

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHY THE COUNTRY'S GROWTH IS RETARDED, PEOPLE ARE SHALLOW IN DER THINKING, HOW COULD U GUYS SAY ALL THIS THINGS? DID KANU NOT HAVE A TOUCH LINE MISS FOR ARSENAL, DID KANU SCORE A NATIONS CUP GOAL? YET WE LOVE HIM MADLY,

DO U KNW WHAT NFF DID TO THE PLAYERS IN SOUTH AFRICA AND FOR DER SELFISH REASONS THE HOTEL THEY PUT THEM?

PLEASE NOTE THAT TOP TEN MISSES IN THE WORLD, THE PLAYERS WERE NOT CONDEMNED LIKE WE TREAT OURS, CONDEMN YAK OR NOT HE REMAINS ONE OF THE GREATEST NIGERIANS IF NOT AFRICANS IN THE EPL,
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by r231(m): 7:41pm On Jun 13, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by funshiba(m): 7:44pm On Jun 13, 2011
what the Bleep are people saying!!!!!! would naija have won the world cup wat rubbish if una like make una no forgive na jokers
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by djmellowshe(m): 7:51pm On Jun 13, 2011
This is what is expected of Odemwinge, Yet he has refused to apologise, Na wa for him ooo
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 13, 2011
funshiba:

IT SCHOCKS ME WHEN PEOPLE ARE LIKE THEY ARE PERFECT AND JUDGEMENTAL, ITS A SHAME THAT MOST OF THE PEOPLE TALKING HAVE NOT AND CANNOT DO NOTHING FOR THEMSELVES TALKLESS OF THEIR COUNTRY,

ITS A SHAME THAT PEOPLE FORGET WHAT YAKIE HAS DONE FOR NIGERIANS,

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHY THE COUNTRY'S GROWTH IS not-so-smart, PEOPLE ARE SHALLOW IN DER THINKING, HOW COULD U GUYS SAY ALL THIS THINGS? DID KANU NOT HAVE A TOUCH LINE MISS FOR ARSENAL, DID KANU SCORE A NATIONS CUP GOAL? YET WE LOVE HIM MADLY,

DO U KNW WHAT NFF DID TO THE PLAYERS IN SOUTH AFRICA AND FOR DER SELFISH REASONS THE HOTEL THEY PUT THEM?

PLEASE NOTE THAT TOP TEN MISSES IN THE WORLD, THE PLAYERS WERE NOT CONDEMNED LIKE WE TREAT OURS, CONDEMN YAK OR NOT HE REMAINS ONE OF THE GREATEST NIGERIANS IF NOT AFRICANS IN THE EPL,

Abeg go find another level you hear?
Kanu has done ten times more for the country than Yakubu.Yakubu is very arrogant and full of himself and he thinks Nigeria owes him something.Kanu is a selfless footballer and even though he acts frail on the field of play but then you cant deny that many nigerians have benefited from the Kanu heart foundation.
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by Hardeyorlah(f): 8:07pm On Jun 13, 2011
If man b God dey go say make rain no fall
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by PastorOla1: 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2011
To err is human, to 4give is divne, let us pls 4give Yaks!!!!!!!!
Re: "i’m Sorry About My Performance At The World Cup" - Yakubu by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 8:27pm On Jun 13, 2011
i, personally, have forgiven yakubu. but he shouldn't ask for a return to the super eagles. simply put, he's past it. that much was evident while he played under Berti Vogts, Shuaibu Amodu and Lars Lagerback. There younger, talented strikers who should be stepping up to the plate about now. Bringing back Yakubu would just hinder someone else's integration into the national team and rob the country of the chance to discover a great striker that will hold down that position for the next five-six years before we can seriously think of a replacement. BTW, there's not much value Yakubu can bring to the team. Unlike Kanu, he's not a leader on the pitch and unlike Jay Jay, he's not a magical player that can create something out of nothing. I would advise him to focus on club football and consider his international career a closed there chapter. He has had the opportunity to fly the country's colours on the world stage. Many people far younger than him will never get that opportunity

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ronaldo, Ramos Meets With Nyesom Wike In Spain (photo) / Who Do You Think Should Win The Next World Best Player? / 10 Days Rollovers To Get 40k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.