Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) - Properties (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) (117106 Views)

After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? / Roofing A 3 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flat In Lagos / Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Akure (aluminium Phase) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 4:49am On Feb 06, 2013
adetayoonas: Is it compulsory for a toilet and bathroom to have a window.

No.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by adetayoonas(m): 11:33pm On Feb 07, 2013
Pls can a room self contain have no window on its toilet
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by mufutau55(m): 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
adetayoonas: Pls can a room self contain have no window on its toilet

That will be unhealthy without windows.. you need something to air-out the odors.

Mufutau
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by kolnel: 7:08am On Mar 05, 2013
@adetooyaanas
Its not necessary especially if u don't want small kids to peep at u while in the bathroom with ur wife.
Employ an architect. You need ventilation and illumination.
Cheers.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
Do You need a reliable roofing contractor? Look no further!
Let Bulo Somto LTD roofers take care of your needs. We are experts in all roofing materials.
We can do the work in Asaba, Onitsha, Nnewi and Port harcourt, Lagos and many parts of southern Nigeria.
Call us at 08033371614. Your satisfaction is guaranteed or your money back.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by babssot: 3:59am On Dec 24, 2013
spyder880: Materials bought today include
3x4x12 hardwood N600x 35 = N21,000
2x4x18 overlenght hardwood N730x160 N116,800
1x9x12 facial boards N1200x 25 =N30,000
bags of nails N12,500
2 tins of solignum N4600
transport for the wood N5000
loading / offloading N2500
boys to paint the solignum/brush/bucket N3500

Total for today N195,900.00

Is this for only the main house of plus the gat house. Sorry for bringing you back to this topic oga Spydeer
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by nnaonyike: 6:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
Good evening sir. My house is 21.525m by 12.6m. Pls if am to use a long span how much will that cost me for a similar roof pattern for what you have. And pls if you were to use long span for this work how much would that have cost you. Thank you sir
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by FarmTech(m): 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
Pls answer this for me: A wood measuring 2x4x12, are these numbers in feet or inches?

2 Likes

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by louken(m): 5:58am On Dec 18, 2014
FarmTech:
Pls answer this for me: A wood measuring 2x4x12, are these numbers in feet or inches?

2(inches)x4(inches)x12(feet)

2 Likes

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 5:55am On Dec 25, 2014
Hello friends, 
It is my pleasure to find time to communicate with you all, and to review our activities in the last 12 months. We have been interacting here all year long in peace and harmony, and that's why I feel its good to provide you all with a round up of all our various projects and ventures which we worked on in the outgoing year, 2014. 

It was a very eventful year, and incidentally my first full year working as a building contractor. We crafted houses and structures in various parts of the country. On my part, I will say it was very fulfilling, because for the first time I felt I am doing what I am well suited for, building houses. I also hope you enjoyed the journey and details as we moved from state to state, site to site, task to task.

We built houses in 3 states of the federation in 2014, we built 6 houses in Enugu state, 3 houses in Rivers State and 1 house in Imo State. Altogether, we built a total of 10 houses in 2014, all the houses, with the exception of two houses in Enugu state are all online here and owned by members of this Nairaland. The remaining 2 houses belongs to private individuals in Enugu who saw what I was doing on the ground and contacted me to build their houses. All the houses are in their finish stages, expect for the luxury flats we are working to get to the roof in Port Harcourt. 

My passion has always been to build houses, and I enjoy what I do. But of course life will never move on a straight and level plane. We experienced a fair share of challenges as we worked in some of the projects in 2014. Some of the problems were as a result of natural occurrences, some from bad workmanship, by some of our workers while the rest was as a result of weak supervision on the part of men I placed in positions of authority in the periods I might be out of the site. 

There were a few desperate situations, some small errors and some not too small work failures. In all, we reacted in good time to either arrest the situation or totally reverse the errors. It is our belief that we came out stronger from every challenge, and we learnt a lesson or two in the process. We also took steps to forestall a future occurrence. I have had to tinker with my team many times, dropping workers whom I found out were not entirely honest, or just refused to learn. I have also added to my team, more men I think they understand my needs, and share my values and aspirations. The improvements to our work are obvious, I have also taken steps to reduce the number of projects I accept in any time, I will like to complete some projects before starting another one. 

I can also recall some wonderful results, some high quality jobs which we all agreed came out top class. There are some houses which I can smile about whenever I am passing the area, buildings which I can point at with pride and satisfaction. For those projects, I also learnt a lot from them, and will put the lessons to use in the coming year.

2014 also marked a change in my approach to the housing sector, I added another branch to my housing business, estate management. I initiated a move to develop 100 plots of land in a remote community in Enugu East LGA. The properties are on sale to interested members of the public, I am acquiring the lands with my registered company name, Tigerkenn Homes Nig LTD. We have sold over 20 plots of land and are still collecting deposits from interested investors, in and out of nairaland. 

We have offers for home building next year, we are finalising some deals on the projects we are going to start by next year 2015. We have a new duplex project planned for Port Harcourt, a super renovation work planned in Anambra , our new estate works in Enugu will also take off in the first quarter of 2015. We are already poised to give the estate a good lift, with a view to developing the place so the area can appreciate. It will be a very busy year, but we are up to the task as usual. We want to deliver more quality and less quantity. 

I am using this opportunity to thank you all, especially my clients, for your steadfastness, your trust and belief in us. I have never met many of you in person, only phone calls and emails, and yet we relate like brothers and sisters. Please forgive us if there are things we did not do very well in 2014, we are only human, and we will continue to improve in all respects. We promise you lower costs and higher quality projects. We appreciate you, may GOD himself bless you all.

For all my workers, you are the best, we may fight and quarrel, for all the misunderstanding and all the harsh words, for the shouting matches and corrective actions, please forgive and forget, its not a personal thing, we must do these to improve our work so we can impress our clients. 

For all our suppliers, we thank you for your timely and not too timely deliveries, but please serve us better next year and don't connive with cement sellers to rip us off.

For all my friends and readers, na una be the real Oga, the people I am really serving. I promise more action next year, lets do it again in 2015!

There is a possibility that my phone might not be connecting in the next few days till the end of this year. I plan to travel to my village in Nomeh Unateze in Nkanu East LGA in Enugu state with my family for this Christmas festivities, my village usually has very poor MTN network coverage. We are supposed to travel later this morning and I might be in the village till the new year, with one or two visits to some sites in between.

This is an opportunity to spend some time with my wife and children, visit the farm, go fishing in the village stream, prepare village foods and attend village meetings. 

In case anyone wants to contact me, please send me a text message on my normal line 08033350750 or send a mail to ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk, I will be checking from time to time.

Merry Christmas to you all, we thank you all. 

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLERATED.

1 Like

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by nice2000: 11:52am On Dec 31, 2014
Please i need a woodwork quote for my 5bedroom bungalow in Ikorodu lagos any good carpenter to reply me please
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by nice2000: 11:54am On Dec 31, 2014
I need a good carpenter to give me a quotation for 5bedroom bungalow In Ikorodu lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
spyder880:
I am still planning the work, comparing quotes from different aluminum companies, carpenters and timber dealers. Will talk more about it later today.

A question Boss.

Have considered or worked with alternative roofs such as concrete or terrace roofs? Flat roofs?

Thanks.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
adetayoonas:
Pls can a room self contain have no window on its toilet

Yes, and this exists in many houses.

The trick is to use ventilation fans (exhaust fans). The issue is with the paralyzing situation of electrical power in Nigeria.

You might even find that an exhaust fan moves more air that just a window.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by gist4kidsblog: 9:34am On Sep 27, 2016
Call/WhatsApp 080-85-310-359 to know the current price of original stone coated and aluminum roofing sheet

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by olu100: 9:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hello
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by olu100: 9:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hello spyder 880
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 6:20am On Apr 01, 2022
olu100:
Hello spyder 880

Good morning Sir

1 Like

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by olu100: 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2022
I need to roof a burgalow house, do you work around ogun state
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by olu100: 10:56pm On Apr 01, 2022
Can share your WhatsApp number
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 9:52am On Apr 02, 2022
olu100:
I need to roof a burgalow house, do you work around ogun state

Good morning, I work everywhere but busy at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 9:52am On Apr 02, 2022
olu100:
Can share your WhatsApp number

0803 3350 750

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

ELECTRICAL, AUDIO SYSTEM, CCTV, FIRE ALARM, ELECTRIC FENCE INSTALLATIONS.. / Lovely Designs For Nairalanders Who Wants To Build:Check in and Get yours / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.