Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,690 members, 7,831,139 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True (2360 Views)

‘She has slept with everyone at Inter, AC Milan’ – How Mourinho made Ozil dump g / Oshoala's Tweet About Barcelona's Men's Team Causes Controversy. / Man United At Liverpool: How Mourinho Lines Up Without Pogba, Fellaini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by Icandream: 5:16pm On Dec 12, 2021
Barcelona's on-pitch struggle in recent years may look surprising to many football fans, but not Jose Mourinho.

The Portuguese football manager is, in fact, one of those who saw Barcelona's current struggle coming, judging a statement he made 11 years ago.

In a 2010 statement attributed to him, Mourinho was reported to have predicted how Barcelona will get worst season after season in the future. He also talked about how Barcelona players are more obsessed with competing with Real Madrid than having a dream of their own.

According to the then Inter Milan manager, Barcelona has no personal dream but an obsession with Real Madrid. He explained that Barcelona's plans could work for a few more years due to the quality of their team, but a time will come when they will be getting worse with each passing season.

A 2010 article published by The Telegraph that contains part of Jose Mourinho's statement shows that it was made during his news conference before the second leg of a Champions League semi-final game between Inter Milan and Barcelona.

While it took 11 years for it to happen, you will agree with me that Jose Mourinho's prediction about Barcelona has come true.

Barcelona is currently in the middle of its worst form in almost 20 years, having been relegated to the Europa League this season, and things seem to be getting worse each passing day.

They are not doing any better in the league, as they currently sit 16 points and seven places below first-place Real Madrid in the La Liga table.

It was also a similar story for them last season, but the presence of Lionel Messi may have helped paper over the cracks in the first-team squad. They struggled to keep pace with the two Madrid giants throughout the season, and they ended up finishing third.
Barcelona also lost the La Liga crown to Real Madrid during the 2019-2020 season, which means they set for a third consecutive year without winning the title in what is generally considered a two-man league. Their financial difficulties will also make it difficult to compete for trophies in the foreseeable future.

It took until this season for many of us to see Barcelona's mess, but Mourinho has predicted it more than a decade ago.

Re: How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by Starzo: 5:34pm On Dec 12, 2021
lies!...he never said this.
Re: How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by Mariangeles(f): 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2021
They’re just getting started.
They should buckle up because the ride is going to be very rough and bumpy!
Even their so-called fans have deserted them and gone after their messiah. sad
Re: How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by darocha1: 5:46pm On Dec 12, 2021
It's surprising how there are suddenly no barca fans in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by brain54(m): 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2021
This happens to every team.
It's called the law of depreciation.
After the peak comes the decline...

Normal thing.

1 Like

Re: How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by SyrusdeHansome(m): 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
The problem Barca has is the same problem my club man utd have been having. No concrete plan 4 the future. When man city, Chelsea and Liverpool were busy buying foreign players with great potentials my club was busy looking for expensive average English players. Even when they wanna promote players from the academy it's only the British players that'll be promoted. When their rivals were busy hiring football pple man utd board were busy hiring bankers to run the affairs of the club. They keep talking about the man utd way as if the football of now is the same thing they use to play in 1998. The day man utd will start making impact is the day they'll realize that u can't build ur team around the current sets of English players exception of Phill Foden at man city.

2 Likes

Re: How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by paulolee(m): 6:52pm On Dec 12, 2021
I see nothing here...hate for rivals in any phrase of life is needed to gv u d needed push ahead of ur rivals..
no matter how friendly u both get, dey must be dt inner hate for ur rival to do better than them n to see them keep losing..
d same way barca hate madrid is also d same way madrid hate barca n both teams would happily pay for d other to get relegated if the chance presents itself..
barca dwindling form is wat every football fan saw coming due to dier overdependence on leo..
we all know dt It would be a big miracle for barca to survive a season if messi leaves....barca knows, d board knows, d players know, d fans know n even leo himself knows...
Re: How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by paulolee(m): 6:56pm On Dec 12, 2021
SyrusdeHansome:
The problem Barca has is the same problem my club man utd have been having. No concrete plan 4 the future. When man city, Chelsea and Liverpool were busy buying foreign players with great potentials my club was busy looking for expensive average English players. Even when they wanna promote players from the academy it's only the British players that'll be promoted. When their rivals were busy hiring football pple man utd board were busy hiring bankers to run the affairs of the club. They keep talking about the man utd way as if the football of now is the same thing they use to play in 1998. The day man utd will start making impact is the day they'll realize that u can't build ur team around the current sets of English players exception of Phill Foden at man city.
forget plana, forger budget, forget layout....all teams in dis world gat d good n bad phrase..
d only tin dey can do is to manage d goos phrase and try to control d bad phrase so it won't get longer..
even dis city, Liverpool n bayern u are seeing today once had dt bad patch n would still hit d bad days again in d future expecially during overhauling of its team bt d difference is dt d bad days may not last long n dey get to d the top as soon as possible..
would u believe dt dey was a time dt lyon ruled France football, inter, Milan n Roma dominated italy, barca, madrid n Valencia ruled Spain n united, Chelsea, Liverpool n gunners were d top4 teams in EPL bt now tinz don Change..

3 Likes

Re: How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by judinho07(m): 8:01pm On Dec 12, 2021
"baba werey...no dey carry last..4 talk..!!!
Re: How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by Truvelisback(m): 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2021
SyrusdeHansome:
Barca state is worser than Man utd state.
Re: How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by oyatainer(m): 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2021
What happens to Barcelona is not special. It's been expected for long whether Mourinho said it or not. Even Mourinho himself has depreciated in value. Doesn't he have plan for his life too? The point is that you will get to a point when you have no option than to come down.
Re: How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by Lamasta(m): 1:34am On Dec 13, 2021
Barcelona is gradually becoming the AC MIlan of Spain
Re: How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by mastercee(m): 4:07am On Dec 13, 2021
Starzo:
lies!...he never said this.

Because both of you live and work together?
Re: How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by Whazar(m): 9:24am On Dec 13, 2021
and has mounrinho himself not depreciated?

1 Like

Re: How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by MJBOLT: 10:36am On Dec 13, 2021
Whazar:
and has mounrinho himself not depreciated?

Re: How Mourinho's Prediction About Barcelona 11 Years Ago Is Coming True by brain54(m): 11:27am On Dec 13, 2021
paulolee:
I see nothing here...hate for rivals in any phrase of life is needed to gv u d needed push ahead of ur rivals..
no matter how friendly u both get, dey must be dt inner hate for ur rival to do better than them n to see them keep losing..
d same way barca hate madrid is also d same way madrid hate barca n both teams would happily pay for d other to get relegated if the chance presents itself..
barca dwindling form is wat every football fan saw coming due to dier overdependence on leo..
we all know dt It would be a big miracle for barca to survive a season if messi leaves....barca knows, d board knows, d players know, d fans know n even leo himself knows...
Common man... I don't think it's that kind of hatred. It's just competitive. Just the zeal to be better and on top of the enemy.
I don't think it's to the extent of paying to get them relegated. If anything I think they would prefer to have them on the same league... but doing pretty badly. So it will give them joy to be trashing them.
I remember having rivals and competition in school back then. But I think it was just a friendly competition...at least on my side. Not to the extent of wishing them bad.
My opinion though and I may be wrong.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Feeling Blue! / Leicester City Sacks Ndidi And Iheanacho / Is Bet9ja Truly Legal In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.